Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anatomy of the Second Floor Lunchroom Encounter
Jim DiEugenio Wrote:Scott:

In Baker's first day affidavit, there is no mention at all of a lunchroom, a soda machine, of Oswald, or of Truly. In fact, the incident at that time happened on a stairwell.

And what makes that extraordinary is that, as I said, when Baker composed this affidavit, he was sitting in the same small witness room as Oswald was.

I had serious problems with this and I expressed them in my book, Reclaiming Parkland.

But Bart has gone much further than I did in this regard.

And I like the way he begins the excerpt with the challenge that he knows he will be asked: OK, if you say it did not happen then where the heck was Oswald at the time?

He then accumulates a whole battery of evidence to demonstrate he was on the first floor. If you come to it without an agenda, its pretty compelling if you ask me.

Well said, Mr. DiEugenio, especially noting the odd inconsistencies with Officer Baker: his initial affidavit void of scripted lingo that would come later; and, of course, his lack of response to someone he had supposedly challenged amid an encounter less than an hour before.

One would think it reasonable if he had at least growled something along these lines...

Baker: "Why you lying son of a witch! I should have known it was you all along...lying sack of smit. I oughta slap that smirk off your face boy".

Of course, that didn't happen because for all Baker knew at that time was Mr. Oswald was just another witness brought in for questioning. Thus his lack of response. Prior to the script all Mr. Oswald meant to Officer Baker was he was much younger than the 30 year old, 165lbs individual he encountered on the 3rd or 4th floor.

Mr. Worrell's sighting, from his vantage point outside of the building less than a minute later of this same individual clad in the same brown coat running away from the scene further buttresses Officer Baker's encounter with this individual instead of Mr. Oswald. Sadly, the real culprits in this case have gotten away with murder, leaving three men dead in their wake as they made their hasty flee from justice (President Kennedy; Mr. Oswald; and Officer JD Tippit).

Messages In This Thread
Anatomy of the Second Floor Lunchroom Encounter - by Alan Ford - 09-07-2017, 10:30 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wesley Frazier refutes lunchroom hoax Richard Gilbride 3 2,600 26-08-2023, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  The Lunch Room Encounter Brian Doyle 6 868 01-04-2023, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  The Carbine on the Sixth Floor Jim DiEugenio 0 2,258 09-03-2020, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Furthering the Lunchroom Evidence Richard Gilbride 9 7,546 24-03-2019, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Richard Gilbride
  Death of the lunchroom hoax Richard Gilbride 45 35,062 12-03-2018, 05:07 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  Why the second floor lunch room encounter could not have happened Bob Prudhomme 245 90,626 16-04-2017, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Did Dillard film American-born LEE Oswald on sixth floor? Jim Hargrove 9 8,628 12-04-2017, 05:02 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Pierce Allman's encounter with Oswald Tracy Riddle 1 2,695 01-06-2016, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Bob Prudhomme
  The Sniper's Nest Corner boxes in the 6th floor Museum are wrong David Josephs 28 15,674 15-03-2016, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  Is this a lefthanded assassin in the 3rd floor Dalt-Tex window? David Josephs 16 11,187 07-01-2016, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford