Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anatomy of the Second Floor Lunchroom Encounter
4) p. 256) [Baker had marked his position on the 2nd-floor landing- where he was when he spotted Oswald. With a diagram for reference (Exhibit 497), after going off-the-record, Belin rehashed Baker's position during the Oswald encounter. Belin then elicited details as to what Oswald was wearing]

DULLES: And if a man were going up the stairs and then going to the lunchroom and then coming down the stairs and going to the lunchroom, he would be approximately following the same course from the time he got off the stairs and went into that room before you get to the lunchroom.
BELIN: Yes, sir.

(Discussion off the record)

BELIN: Officer Baker, you had just marked on Exhibit 497 point "B" where you thought you were at about the time you caught a glimpse of something, either through a door or through the window in the door marked 23, is that correct?
BAKER: That is correct, sir.
BELIN: Could you trace your route from point "B" to the doorway 23, if you would, sir.
BAKER: I ran straight across here and through this doorway and this is approximately where, I would say 23 here, is approximately where I looked through this lunchroom and saw a man on down here.
BELIN: All right. I am going to put an arrow at that point on Exhibit 497, and this arrow in pen, and I am going to put a "B-1" and at that arrow which is just to the left of the circle with the number 24 in it you say you then looked through the doorway and saw a man in the lunchroom, right?
BAKER: Yes, sir; walking away from me.
BELIN: Walking away from you. And then where did you move from point "B-1"?
BAKER: I moved on to this position 24 right here in this doorway.
BELIN: All right. I am going to put- you have put an "X" there, and I am going to put that on Exhibit 497 as an arrow pointing to it, with "B-2". Is this where you stood when you called to the man to come back to you?
BAKER: Yes, sir.
BELIN: Did you move from that time until the man came up to you?
BAKER: As I called, I remember moving forward a little bit and meeting him right here in this doorway.
BELIN: As you called you say you remembered moving forward and meeting him right in the doorway which would be marked with the arrow with number 24 on it on Exhibit 497, is that right?
BAKER: That is right, sir.
BELIN: After you got there, did you move until the man came up to you?
BAKER: No, sir.
BELIN: Did you notice what clothes the man was wearing as he came up to you?
BAKER: At that particular time I was looking at his face, and it seemed to me like he had a light brown jacket on and maybe some kind of white-looking shirt. Anyway, as I noticed him walking away from me, it was kind of dim in there that particular day, and it was hanging out to his side.
BELIN: Handing you what has been marked as Commission Exhibit 150, would this appear to be anything that you have ever seen before?
BAKER: Yes, sir; I believe that is the shirt he had on when he came- I wouldn't be sure of that. It seemed to me like that other shirt was a littler bit darker than that whenever I saw him in the homicide office there.

[Nothing of a conspiratorial nature can be gleaned from the 4th break in the testimony. It was about getting the location of the Oswald meeting and the description of his clothing as precise as possible]

Messages In This Thread
Anatomy of the Second Floor Lunchroom Encounter - by Richard Gilbride - 29-07-2017, 10:35 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wesley Frazier refutes lunchroom hoax Richard Gilbride 3 2,650 26-08-2023, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  The Lunch Room Encounter Brian Doyle 6 917 01-04-2023, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  The Carbine on the Sixth Floor Jim DiEugenio 0 2,274 09-03-2020, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Furthering the Lunchroom Evidence Richard Gilbride 9 7,633 24-03-2019, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Richard Gilbride
  Death of the lunchroom hoax Richard Gilbride 45 35,402 12-03-2018, 05:07 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  Why the second floor lunch room encounter could not have happened Bob Prudhomme 245 90,838 16-04-2017, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Did Dillard film American-born LEE Oswald on sixth floor? Jim Hargrove 9 8,713 12-04-2017, 05:02 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Pierce Allman's encounter with Oswald Tracy Riddle 1 2,708 01-06-2016, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Bob Prudhomme
  The Sniper's Nest Corner boxes in the 6th floor Museum are wrong David Josephs 28 15,770 15-03-2016, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  Is this a lefthanded assassin in the 3rd floor Dalt-Tex window? David Josephs 16 11,256 07-01-2016, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford