Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anatomy of the Second Floor Lunchroom Encounter
Richard Gilbride Wrote:I have 3 posts right now. In this 1st post I expose two major-league gaffes in Jim DiEugenio's understanding of Marrion Baker.

On p. 10 of the EdForum thread Great New Movie Spells Out the Case for Oswald as PrayerMan, presently on p. 42 of their topics, in a December 9, 2015 post Jim writes:

"When you add in the fact that Baker was in the witness room with Oswald as he penned his affidavit, and there is no record of him even recognizing him at that time even though he had allegedly just stuck a gun in his gut, well that is a bit unusual..."

[This is not true, Jim. Because we have a record of Baker having told Marvin Johnson soon afterward that that was the guy he'd met on about the 4th floor. So you are blatantly misrepresenting Baker's affidavit omission, because Baker was quite mindful about this omission]

"...Believe me, Allen Dulles was very aware of this dichotomy. He and Belin went off the record five times with Baker and did all they could do to minimize the witness conundrum. (Reclaiming Parkland, p. 194)"

[In my 2nd post we will examine this in great detail and show that it is a nothing-burger]

On p. 1 of the EdForum thread One Last Thing Before Xmas Eve: 2nd Floor Lunchroom Encounter, presently on p. 57 of their topics, in a December 25, 2015 post Jim tells us:

"As I wrote in Reclaiming Parkland:

'...the final Commission version does not even resemble the incident that Baker described on the day of the assassination. On that day Baker executed an affidavit in which he described this encounter himself. He described going up the stairs with Truly. Then this startling passage follows:

As we reached the third or fourth floor, I saw a man walking away from the stairway. I called to the man and he turned around and came back towards me. The manager said I know that man he works here. I then turned the man loose and went on up to the top floor. The man I saw was a white man approximately thirty years old, 5'9", 165 pounds, dark hair and wearing a light brown jacket (p. 193)

(p. 194)

In the affidavit, there is nothing about seeing Oswald through a window in the door. Nothing about the lunchroom. Nothing about a Coke. They weren't even in any room, but near a stairway. And the guy he saw does not appear to be Oswald. He was older, heavier and he was wearing a brown jacket."

[Get a grip, Jim. It was police protocol to provide only the details required- Just the facts, ma'am, as Sgt. Joe Friday would say. It was similar to what you might tell your superior officer in the Army. Baker wasn't writing a piece for the Dallas Morning News.

Was the man walking toward the stairway? Oswald, with his thinning hair, did not look older than 24? Was he not 5'9"? And Baker, who had been out to Parkland and Love Field in the meantime, couldn't have misjudged Oswald's weight? Particularly in an untucked shirt that was mistaken for a jacket?

And I will remind you that this was not just another typical day at DPD HQ. The President of the United States had just been murdered on a Dallas street, a police officer had just been murdered in Oak Cliff, apparently by the guy they just brought into the interrogation room. Something Baker would have to explain if it turned out this guy was guilty of that and Baker had missed his chance to even ID him.

Jim, your suspicions do not automatically transmute into truth.]

After careful and deliberate study, strongly enhanced by the research of Richard Gilbride, I have to conclude that LeeHarveyOswald cannot be "disappeared" from the 2nd floor lunchroom at 12:31pm/12:32pm CST, nor can he be "magically appeared" on the Elm St entrance landing/steps/sidewalk at 12:30pm CST.

Eyewitness testimony affirms the 2nd floor lunchroom encounter, which to me indicates a timing problem issue with the LHO as a LoneGunmanAssassin theory. Also, the encounter reduces the viability of LHO as a Shooter theory.

As the motorcade drove past the Elm St entrance at about 12:30pm, there were multiple doorway/landing/steps area occupants, that were employed at the TSBD building, and yet there is not any reliable eyewitness testimony that affirms LHO's presence at the time. And, most of said occupants very likely would have recognized their fellow TSBD building employee.

So, at 12:30pm-12:32pm, CST, LHO was where he was, and he wasn't where he wasn't. And suppositions, no matter how often repeated, cannot alter true facts.

A conclusion? Absolutely! Evidenced based? Absolutely!

Larry
StudentofAssassinationResearch

Messages In This Thread
Anatomy of the Second Floor Lunchroom Encounter - by LR Trotter - 30-07-2017, 07:54 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wesley Frazier refutes lunchroom hoax Richard Gilbride 3 2,600 26-08-2023, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  The Lunch Room Encounter Brian Doyle 6 868 01-04-2023, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  The Carbine on the Sixth Floor Jim DiEugenio 0 2,259 09-03-2020, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Furthering the Lunchroom Evidence Richard Gilbride 9 7,547 24-03-2019, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Richard Gilbride
  Death of the lunchroom hoax Richard Gilbride 45 35,064 12-03-2018, 05:07 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  Why the second floor lunch room encounter could not have happened Bob Prudhomme 245 90,627 16-04-2017, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Did Dillard film American-born LEE Oswald on sixth floor? Jim Hargrove 9 8,628 12-04-2017, 05:02 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Pierce Allman's encounter with Oswald Tracy Riddle 1 2,695 01-06-2016, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Bob Prudhomme
  The Sniper's Nest Corner boxes in the 6th floor Museum are wrong David Josephs 28 15,674 15-03-2016, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  Is this a lefthanded assassin in the 3rd floor Dalt-Tex window? David Josephs 16 11,188 07-01-2016, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford