Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anatomy of the Second Floor Lunchroom Encounter
Ray Mitcham Wrote:
LR Trotter Wrote:
Ray Mitcham Wrote:
LR Trotter Wrote:Some things are plainly stated. Some things are not.

It appears that Mr Ball's question seems to indicate a policeman came up the elevator,to the 5th floor. However, Mr Williams's statement only indicates a policeman came up, to said floor.

Either way, accordingly, Mr Williams indicated that the east elevator was not within their view.

Additionally, I believe Mr Williams also indicated in his testimony, that 5th floor access to the stairwell was also not within their view, even if occupied by an elephant.

Certainly, I have to conclude that shelving, and cartons highly stacked effects viewability, as indicated by Mr Williams, as well as lighting, which gives cause for a white helmet to stand out in a warehouse, as the TSBD building was.

To my knowledge, DPD Chief of Police, JesseCurry, was not an eyewitness to the DPD Officer ML Baker encounter with LH Oswald.

As I recall

I believe TSBD VP OV Campbell testified/stated that he had not known, nor had seen, ​LH Oswald prior to the assassination.

Mr Campbell did not have to have known Oswald before he saw him in the small cupboard in the vestibule at the entrance to the TSDB to state that it was Oswald he saw there afterwards.

Mr Holmes :Then he said when all this commotion started, "I just went on downstairs." And he didn't say whether he took the elevator or not. He said, "I went down, and as I started to go out and see what it was all about, a police officer stopped me just before I got to the front door, and started to ask me some questions, and my superintendent of the place stepped up and told the officers that I am one of the employees of the building, so he told me to step aside for a little bit and we will get to you later. Then I just went on out in the crowd to see what it was all about."…Mr Belin :Where did this policeman stop him when he was coming down the stairs at the Book Depository on the day of the shooting?Mr Holmes :He said it was in the vestibule.Mr Belin :He said it was in the vestibule?Mr Holmes :Or approaching the door to the vestibule. He was just coming, apparently, and I have never been in there myself. Apparently there is two sets of doors, and he had come out to this front part.Mr Belin Big Grinid he state it was on what floor?Mr Holmes :First floor. The front entrance to the first floor.Mr Belin Big Grinid he say anything about a Coca Cola or anything like that, if you remember?Mr Holmes :Seems like he said he was drinking a Coca Cola, standing there by the Coca Cola machine drinking a Coca Cola.(WCHE, vol.7, pp.302, 305306

So when did Mr OV Campbell discover that he had seen, apparenly for the first time, LeeHarveyOswald, and exactly where was a vestibile, on the first floor, and how close to the CocaCola machine was he standing and drinking his CocaCola while in or near the vestible? What time did the "sighting" occur?

You had better ask Mr Campbell. He didn't say he saw Oswald drinking a coca cola in or near the "vestibile" (whatever that is -see how easy it is to mistype, Mr Trotter?) The vestibule door can be seen in this photo.
http://jfkcountercoup2.blogspot.co.uk/20...floor.html
Quote:And, Mr Holmes is being quoted? Stating what "he heard" LHO saying? Or an interpretation of what "he thought he heard"? Did Mr Holmes take notes? If so, did he compare "his notes" with other statements/testimony? How soon after the "commotion" did LHO go "downstairs", according to Mr Holmes? Was Mr Holmes very familiar with the layout of the TSBD?

Mr Ford gave you a link to Holmes testimony. Read it and inwardly digest.

I fail to see where I "mistyped" anything Mr Mitcham, just pure and simple misspelling of "vestibule".I was seeking clarification for your posted statements as seen in the last two paragraphs among your comments seen just above my response that you now question. However, in hindsight, I probably should have "separated" my response so as to be more paragraph "specific". But, careful reading does not indicate absolutely that Mr Campbell stated that he saw the CocaCola, in my opinion, although somewhat ambiguous as posted.

And, Mr Ford's "link" that you refer to, appears to be a reproduced presentation "saying what someone else said about what they heard someone else say".

Larry
StudentofAssassinationResearch

Messages In This Thread
Anatomy of the Second Floor Lunchroom Encounter - by LR Trotter - 10-08-2017, 05:44 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wesley Frazier refutes lunchroom hoax Richard Gilbride 3 2,650 26-08-2023, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  The Lunch Room Encounter Brian Doyle 6 938 01-04-2023, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  The Carbine on the Sixth Floor Jim DiEugenio 0 2,274 09-03-2020, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Furthering the Lunchroom Evidence Richard Gilbride 9 7,635 24-03-2019, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Richard Gilbride
  Death of the lunchroom hoax Richard Gilbride 45 35,403 12-03-2018, 05:07 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  Why the second floor lunch room encounter could not have happened Bob Prudhomme 245 90,839 16-04-2017, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Did Dillard film American-born LEE Oswald on sixth floor? Jim Hargrove 9 8,716 12-04-2017, 05:02 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Pierce Allman's encounter with Oswald Tracy Riddle 1 2,708 01-06-2016, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Bob Prudhomme
  The Sniper's Nest Corner boxes in the 6th floor Museum are wrong David Josephs 28 15,770 15-03-2016, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  Is this a lefthanded assassin in the 3rd floor Dalt-Tex window? David Josephs 16 11,256 07-01-2016, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford