Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEATH OF A NATION: 9/11 and the Rise of Fascism in America
Despite my mild misgivings (I have nearly 20 or so 9/11 truth volumes on the shelf already, give or take), I like what I've read of the book enough so far to pop it on my purchase list.

Woolsey was a Continuity of Government participant along with Cheney, Rumsfeld and a few others. At this point, having gone over the developments of the anti-detente folk in the late 70's, the gathering of the militarists and Safari Club regulars at the 1979 Jerusalem Conference, and noticed the wave of "It's terrorism, folks, terrorism!" propaganda that hit at the beginning of the Reagan admin - stoked by guys like Michael Ledeen working as an advisor for Haig, after returning from the thick of P2 / Strategy of Tension activities in Rome - I view the Continuity of Government exercises as having been done with the expectation of a future domestic terror event giving a payoff for everyone's efforts. It's why North was encouraged to extend the REX 84 exercise of preparing for internment camps and suspending the constitution, and why guys like Cheney, Rumsfeld and Woolsey - all of whom carried their own baggage and had their own very clear attached goals - stayed with the program for years and years. The expectation was that a payoff would eventually be forthcoming. Edward Herman's 1989 volume THE TERRORISM INDUSTRY, noting the prevalence of rightwing folk who appeared to benefit greatly from terrorism in all its guises, has at least a few names that reappear in Kevin Ryan's ANOTHER 19. On that subject, Mark Crispin Miller's book CRUEL AND UNUSUAL: BUSH / CHENEY'S NEW WORLD ORDER (and I think the subtitle dates it a little) is a circa 2004 volume containing more than 300 pages of unbridled disgust at George W. Bush's first term. In passing, Miller spends a page on a White House event where the Mexican ambassador was treated with an evening dinner, a gathering of White House regulars, and a massive, unusually large fireworks display that went on for much longer than was typical, and which kept Washington residents in the area awake till the early hours of the morning. Miller quotes a couple of newspaper articles where various folk express their surprise and annoyance at the extravagance of the celebration, and state that the fireworks really went overboard. Miller notes the date, and the celebration occurred the week before 9/11. I think they were celebrating more than just the Mexican ambassador that evening.

On the subject of Continuity of Government, which Peter Dale Scott has covered for the past decade in articles, and in books like THE AMERICAN DEEP STATE, Rumsfeld implemented COG on his very first morning in the job, during the caretaker period of Clinton's Presidency. The timeline ran like this -

January 18th. Clinton gives his farewell address.

January 19th. Clinton announces the Chief of Staff of his Post-Presidency Transition Office. On the same day, Rumsfeld approves an updated version of the U.S. Army's Continuity of Government plans, signing off on Army Regulation 500-3, Emergency Employment of Army and Other Resources. Army Continuity of Operations (COOP) Program. The document carries the warning Destruction Notice: Destroy by any method that will prevent disclosure of contents or reconstruction of the document.

January 20th. The oath of office for George W. Bush is administered by Chief Justice William Rehnquist.

So Rumsfeld wasn't mucking around. A Wikileaks article allowing one to reconstruct the timeline is here.

https://wikileaks.org/wiki/Rumsfeld_Upda...efore_9/11
I'll post more thoughts and comments in a bit.

Messages In This Thread
DEATH OF A NATION: 9/11 and the Rise of Fascism in America - by Anthony Thorne - 02-09-2017, 01:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Hidden Nazi: The Untold Story of America's Deal with the Devil. Nathaniel Richerson 19 18,055 19-06-2019, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Spy Schools: How the CIA, FBI, and Foreign Intelligence Secretly Exploit America's Universities Anthony Thorne 5 13,978 30-09-2017, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Mark A. O'Blazney
  New book/documentary Hillary's America: Just a political smear. or will there be new evidence? Drew Phipps 2 6,184 12-07-2016, 05:33 AM
  Mae Brussell: Investigations of Fascism in America Peter Lemkin 10 73,847 24-06-2016, 04:34 AM
  Elias Davidsson's HIJACKING AMERICA'S MIND ON 9/11: Counterfeiting Evidence Anthony Thorne 10 16,944 15-03-2016, 08:36 AM
  Lance De Haven - Smith, Conspiracy Theory in America Albert Rossi 6 6,757 30-07-2013, 02:24 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Book: America's Nazi Secret Adele Edisen 4 5,105 14-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  JFK - The Final Solution (Red Scares, White Power and Blue Death) Magda Hassan 2 3,961 03-08-2012, 04:33 AM
Last Post: Charles Drago
  The Man Who Warned America Bernice Moore 0 2,826 29-09-2011, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  The Death of the Liberal Class:Chris Hedges Keith Millea 12 8,953 06-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Last Post: Keith Millea