Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"The Meaning of Timothy McVeigh" By Gore Vidal Vanity Fair September 2001
Magda Hassan Wrote:Gore Vidal is definitely one of the better things to come out of the US! I have some clips of him in the play lists on our You Tube channel. Check in the Vlog section for his talk with William Buckley! In others he is talking about Kennedy (he was Jackie's cousin BTW), the National Security State, and Vietnam. One with Pierre Salinger. All classics.

Yes, well William Buckley, hard core CIA hack, deserved the moniker "crypto-fascist" given to him by Gore.

Right, Gore is Jackie's cousin and consequently the subject of the Kennedys is the only one that I take with a grain of salt with Gore, because he hates Bobby so much for an altercation they had. I think it keeps him from being as open minded as he normally is on the subject of President Kennedy--his worth and his legacy.

Still, he knows the scoop. When he mentions JFK's murder in passing it's clear that he knows the scoop:

"But let’s return to the F.B.I. conspiracy to cover up its crimes at Waco. Senator Danforth is an honorable man, but then, so was Chief Justice Earl Warren, and the findings of his eponymous commission on the events at Dallas did not, it is said, ever entirely convince even him."

And here's my favorite description of how the mainstream media treats 'our kind':

"
In March 1993, McVeigh drove from Arizona to Waco, Texas, in order to observe firsthand the federal siege. Along with other protesters, he was duly photographed by the F.B.I. During the siege the cultists were entertained with 24-hour ear-shattering tapes (Nancy Sinatra: "These boots are made for walkin’/And that’s just what they’ll do/One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you") as well as the recorded shrieks of dying rabbits, reminiscent of the first George Bush’s undeclared war on Panama, which after several similar concerts outside the Vatican Embassy yielded up the master drug criminal (and former C.I.A. agent) Noriega, who had taken refuge there. Like the TV networks, once our government has a hit it will be repeated over and over again. Oswald? Conspiracy? Studio laughter.

TV-watcher have no doubt noted so often that they are no longer aware of how often the interchangeable TV hosts handle anyone who tries to explain why something happened. "Are you suggesting that there was a conspiracy?" A twinkle starts in a pair of bright contact lenses. No matter what the answer, there is a wriggling of the body, followed by a tiny snort and a significant glance into the camera to show that the guest has just been delivered to the studio by flying saucer. This is one way for the public never to understand what actual conspirators – whether in the F.B.I. or on the Supreme Court or toiling for Big Tobacco – are up to. It is also a sure way of keeping information from the public. The function, alas, of Corporate Media."

http://www.geocities.com/gorevidal3000/tim.htm

Oswald? Conspiracy? Studio laughter.

Messages In This Thread
"The Meaning of Timothy McVeigh" By Gore Vidal Vanity Fair September 2001 - by Myra Bronstein - 24-10-2008, 02:02 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Coup D'etat of America in 2001 David Guyatt 8 23,163 22-10-2015, 05:25 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Gore Vidal Dies - Another Great Human Is Gone at 86 Peter Lemkin 14 8,634 06-08-2012, 05:27 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Vidal Sassoon, "anti-fascist warrior hairdresser", dies Magda Hassan 0 2,869 10-05-2012, 08:26 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  On This Day in History: September 6. 1901 Anarchist Kills President Bernice Moore 2 4,020 07-09-2011, 02:43 PM
  Soviet Strategic Forces on Alert Three Times September-October 1962 Because of Cuba situation Magda Hassan 0 7,656 15-11-2008, 06:27 AM