Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile
Some questions are much more interesting than others, including this extremely interesting question from Bill Kelly. Here I respond and then Judyth replies separately, where her capacity for complex thought is beautifully illustrated by this case. The document was published on prisonplanet.com and I was taken in by assuming it had been released by the ARRB. Some of my reasoning in drawing the inference was that John McCone, the new director of the CIA, does not appear to have been part of the assassination or of the cover up, but who, by being kept in the dark, was impenetrable even when Bobby confronted him in a fashion that he (RFK) believed would reveal the truth about CIA involvement, as David Talbot, BROTHERS, reports, but which was useless when he was dealing with a man who, even though he was its director, was still ignorant of the CIA's own involvement. I thought this looked like something that McCone had written to Rowley, but I now agree that is seems to be an ingenious fake. I wrote to Doug and to Judyth separately, where neither had access to the others views.

JIM RESPONDS TO BILL KELLY:

I added this document to Judyth's post after Lola, my webmaster, had discovered it, since it appeared to be the perfect complement to Judyth's description of Lee's activities and, in my judgment, appeared to be authentic:

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/septe...swaldwascia.htm

Bill Kelly has observed that it appears to be fake, so I have consulted Doug Horne about its authenticity, especially since it was my inference that it had been released by the ARRB. Doug explained why he thinks it is a forgery:

I have never heard of this. On the surface it is explosive.

And on the surface, it has some problems:

(1) The information contained should have been classified Top Secret or above, not Confidential.

(2) There are no classification markings on each paragraph, as there should be.

(3) Where is the Record Identification Form (RIF)? It is incumbent on the persons producing this to explain exactly where it came from, and when. IF they can't explain its provenance, it should be treated as disinformation to make the research community begin chasing its own tail, like a mad dog in the summer heat.

(4) The document contains a Secret Service filing number (the CO-2 business), but that does not make sense to me because it is originated by the CIA. I smell a rat.

Doug also remarked that, since this forgery is of enormous interest, it was probably intended to be exposed as a fraud and thereby discredited, with was what I had written to Judyth. It appears to be one of those which, assuming that it is not authentic, presents true content in a fake document, very much as was done in the sting that took down Dan Rather, where he made a report about misconduct by George W. Bush during his service in the Texas Air National Guard, which Dan had verified to be a true verbatim document WITH REGARD TO ITS CONTENT by reviewing it with the secretary who had typed the original, but where it had been retyped using a typewriter that had not been manufactured AT THE DATE OF THE ORIGINAL. Because the document turned out to be fake, the inference was drawn that its content must be false, which, of course, was not the case.

If this document, which came not from Judyth but from prisonplanet, is not authentic, as Bill suggests and as Doug tends to confirm, then it appears to be another example of this very kind, where true content is presented on a fake document in the expectation that the inference will be drawn that the content is also false. But of course the inference that Kelly draws--namely, that if the above bogus document is part of the JVB story, then she is most definitely part of a very complicated psychological warfare operation [like the one that has been] conducted by one Gregory Douglas, one which we are very familiar with and one that is meant to deceive and confuse--sounds rather plausible but is not quite right.

Bill's use of "if" was appropriate, since (1) strictly speaking, it is not "part of the JVB story" as a document, since I was the one who added it as a complement to her post, but (2) where it is "part of the JVB story" in the sense that its content appears to confirm it. But that does not make this document or the post in which it appears "part of a very complicated psychological warfare operation" like the one conducted by Gregory Douglas, which I reviewed on amazon.com and also addressed in assassinationresearch.com 1/2 (2002). It is a devilishly ingenious modus operandi for our consideration:

43 of 55 people found the following review helpful:
1.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating work that appears to be a fraud, March 30, 2002
By James H. Fetzer (Duluth, MN USA) - See all my reviews

REGICIDE promises several new documents related to the death of JFK: (1) an English translation of an (undated) study by the Soviet Union; (2) a 20 April 1978 Defense Intelligence Agency study; (3) a summary of OPERATION ZIPPER dated 22 December 1963; and (4) Gregory Douglas' own critical comments and critique.

These items--(1) through (3)--allegedly came into his possession through a fortuitous encounter with Robert T. Crowley, a former Deputy Director for Operations for the CIA, an expert on Soviet intelligence. Douglas claims to have had extensive conversations with Crowley from 1993 to 1996, when his health took a bad turn. He died in 2000.

According to Douglas, Crowley had taken numerous documents with him upon his retirement from the CIA and occasionally shared them with various historians. As he came to trust Douglas, he became increasingly forthcoming, especially about the sequence of events that led to the death of John Fitzgerald Kennedy.

The Soviet assassination summary includes a three shot sequence with the driver slowing the limousine to a virtual stop, where JFK was hit in the throat from in front, John Connally was hit from above and behind, and JFK was hit in the head from behind.

According to the Soviet study, Lee Oswald was recruited by ONI and used his pseudo-defection as an occasion to convey valuable information about the U-2 program, which subsequently enabled the Soviets to shoot down a plane piloted by Gary Powers.

Oswald had an extensive history with the CIA and later the FBI, where, because of his defection and new persona as a pro-Castro communist sympthizer, he became a useful pawn as the designated patsy when the assassination went down.

Remarkably, the DIA study by Vedder B. Discoll, Colonel, US Army, arrives at many of the same conclusions. It also finds the driver having slowed the vehicle and endorses a three-shot scenario even while rejecting the notion that JFK was shot from above and behind.

The first shot (to the throat) came from the right front, the second (to Connally) from above and behind, and the third (to the right temple) from the right front again, using a .223 calibre weapon loaded with a murcury-filled bullet.

Neither the Soviet nor the DIA study have complete accounts of the shooting sequence, since JFK himself was hit at least four times, including a shot to the throat, a shot to the back, and two shots to the head, as ASSASSINATION SCIENCE and MURDER IN DEALEY PLAZA reveal. But there were multiple additional shots.

They are incomparably more accurate than THE WARREN REPORT, but their similar three-shot scenarios raises troubling questions. If eight, nine, or ten shots were in fact fired, as appears to be the case, it is extraordinarily implausible that the Soviets and the DIA would converge on three, rather than more, shot accounts.

The author, ostensibly Chief, Soviet/Warsaw Pact Division of the Directorate for Intelligence Research, is unsparing of THE WARREN REPORT as political propaganda based upon false depictions of the shots and the shooters, especially the "magic bullet" theory as an obvious fabrication, which is certainly correct.

Both studies report that Oswald was homosexual, where the DIA concludes that his intimate relationship with George de Mohrenschild, a CIA operative, infuriated his wife, and that the CIA was willing to give him up to insure that his knowledge of CIA activities be contained.

The DIA study makes it clear that US officials never suspected the Soviet Union of any complicity, including James Jesus Angleton, the Chief of Counterintelligence for the CIA, who may well have personally played a key role in initiating the sequence of events that led to the assassination.

Angleton, who tended toward paranoia, discovered that JFK was sharing highly classified information with Nikita Krushchev, which he regarded as treason. I suspect that JFK was using Krushchev to verify or falsify what he was being told by the CIA, which he knew he could not trust.

Because the CIA and the Mafia both wanted JFK out, it was easy to draw in the mob, which eventually led to the recruitment of French assassins from Marseilles. The FBI was bought on board, then the Vice President, and finally the Joint Chiefs, who were enthusiastic about removing him from office.

The plan to take out JFK was called OPERATION ZIPPER because the target allegedly had trouble keeping his up. According to Douglas, the actual assassination weapons were two 7.65 surplus Argentine Mausers and a specially constructed .223 calibre rifle, which was supplied with mercury-filled bullets.

Serious students of this case will find much here that has the ring of truth. The reconstruction of the shooting falls short on all of these accounts, since we now know much more about what happened in Dealey Plaza and how it was covered up. But those familiar with BLOODY TREASON and BODY OF SECRETS will appreciate the extent to which the big picture fits.

One of the most disturbing aspects of ZIPPER, however, is a set of five appendices (not included) alleged to be photographs of JFK in sexual situations with various of his alleged paramours. These were supposed to have been given out as "momentos", but that defies credulity. What politician would run such a risk? Surely not JFK!

The very existence of the ZIPPER document is likely to generate the most controversy, since it is difficult to imagine that the principals to the assassination would record their meetings about it. This appears to be a case in which documents that appear to be too good to be true are indeed "too good to be true".

Douglas maintains that Crowley's willingness to assist him in these ways was largely motivated by a driving desire to attain a sense of exoneration by explaining why he and others who played crucial roles were convinced that JFK had to be removed. He offers a chilling scenario.

The skeleton of this account may well be true, but the documents on which it is based appear to have been fabricated. The corrupt objective, alas!, may be to present a largely accurate account based upon phoney records, whose exposure as forgeries is meant to discredit the account itself. I wish it were not so, but that is how things appear.

JUDYTH REPLIES TO ME ABOUT THE DOCUMENT:

I AGREE WITH YOUR ASSESSMENT, JIM. IT SEEMS TO ME THAT LEAKING A DOCUMENT THAT CONTAINS TRUE INFORMATION
-- A DOCUMENT WHICH CAN LATER BE ASSESSED TO BE FALSE -- THEN LEADS THE READER TO BELIEVE THAT ALL OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENT IS FALSE. WHATEVER IS INSERTED INTO THE DOCUMENT IS THEN CONSIDERED BOGUS.

BUT THIS METHOD ALLOWS TWO THINGS TO HAPPEN:

1) RESEARCHERS WHO BELIEVE THE DOCUMENT IS AUTHENTIC ARE THEREBY DISCREDITED WHEN ITS FALSITY IS PROVEN, THUS DIMINISHING THEIR REPUTATIONS;

2) IF THE TRUTH EVER DOES COME OUT, IT CAN BE SAID THAT A PORTION OF THE DOCUMENT WAS TRUE -- BUT SO WHAT?

MEANWHILE, ALL THE INFORMATION IS PLACED IN A 'SUSPICIOUS' CATEGORY. THIS TAKES EYES AWAY FROM CONSIDERATION OF TRUE FACTS THUS REVEALED, FOR THE PURPOSE OF DISCREDITING THEM, AS UNWORTHY OF FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

FRANKLY, IT DID NO HARM TO BE POSTED SINCE, AS A DISINFO PIECE, IT ACTUALLY POINTS OUT WHAT WE SHOULD BE LOOKING AT.

SOPHISTICATED MEANS WERE USED TO CREATE THE FAKE DOCUMENT, SHOWING US THAT THE CREATOR(S) WELL KNEW WHAT ELEMENTS TO PLACE IN THE DOCUMENT TO MAKE IT APPEAR TRUE.

BUT THE DOCUMENT WAS CLEVERLY CREATED SO THAT ALSO, UPON CLOSE INSPECTION BY PERSONS WE MUST THEN CONSIDER AS EITHER BRILLIANT BUT INNOCENT OR SPECIALLY SELECTED TO 'OUT' THE DOCUMENT AS 'FAKE', IT WOULD FAIL 'AUTHENTICITY' TESTS.

BECAUSE IT WAS STAMPED CONFIDENTIAL' WHEN IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STAMPED AT LEAST 'SECRET' TO ME IS A GIVEAWAY, BUT BILL KELLY WOULD KNOW MORE ABOUT THAT THAN I WOULD....

THE STATEMENTS ABOUT THE ONI I BELIEVE ARE TRUE. LEE SAID HE WAS 'BORROWED' FROM 'ANOTHER AGENCY' TO BE USED BY THE CIA.

SO I REPEAT:

MEANWHILE, ALL THE INFORMATION IN HE DOCUMENT IS NOW PLACED IN A 'SUSPICIOUS' CATEGORY BY RESEARCHERS. THIS REMINDS ME OF A MINK COAT THAT CAN'T BE ADVERTISED AS A MINK COAT BECAUSE 50% OF IT IS MUSKRAT, EVEN THOUGH IT'S 50% MINK -- IT'S STILL A FAKE.

CALLING ALL INFORMATION WITHIN THE FAKE DOCUMENT 'FAKE' TAKES EYES AWAY FROM CONSIDERATION OF TRUE FACTS WITHIN THE FAKE DOCUMENT, POSSIBLY FOR THE PURPOSE OF LEADING INVESTIGATORS AWAY FROM SENSITIVE AND REAL FACTS AS UNWORTHY OF FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

FOR THESE REASONS, I SAY, LET IT STAY, WITH QUALIFYING STATEMENTS:

(1) WHAT IS THE PROVENANCE OF THIS DOCUMENT?

(2) WHO FIRST SAID IT WAS A FAKE?

(3) WHO WAS MOST INTERESTED, AMONG THE WC DEFENDERS, IN PROVING THAT THE DOCUMENT WAS FALSE?

ALL THREE QUESTIONS ARE GREAT CLUES IN DETERMINING THE IMPORTANCE OF THE MATTER.

IT'S ALMOST AS GOOD AS A FAKE DOCUMENT AS IT IS AS AN AUTHENTIC ONE, AS IT CAN GIVE US LEADS AS TO LINKS TO DISINFO ARTISTS AND THEIR COMPATRIOTS IN THE MISCHIEF.

JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION...I DEFER TO THOSE WHO KNOW MORE...

JVB

[quote name='William Kelly' post='187520' date='Mar 23 2010, 03:28 AM'][quote name='James H. Fetzer' post='187508' date='Mar 22 2010, 11:16 PM']
ADDENDUM TO THE LAST POST FROM JUDYTH FOR JACK:

NOTE: Lola had asked Judyth for clarification about the final part of
this post, which has now arrived. So I am adding it for completeness.
Replace the original from the image of the document and continue with
the following:

[Image: 160904doc.jpg]

You see, he was never fully trusted, he said, because he returned alive from the USSR.

And the USSR, perceiving that he was alive, might go through and double check all he had done. Once he risked his life to go to Moscow. He also spoke to Powers who was shot down (U2 incident) but I failed to ask if it was in person or by phone, darn it...

Lee and I became very close. I never could hear enough. He was not a talkative man, but eventually that changed as we grew closer. What impressed me the most was his appreciation of Kennedy and his loyalty to him. I had come from hostile anti-Kennedy territory in Florida, with anti-Castroites among my college friends, and he convinced me of JFK's courage and great capacity to make a difference in the country.

He despised LBJ and Nixon. He saw George Smathers, whom I had praised, as a traitor to Kennedy because Smathers was a segregationist who cow-towed constantly to LBJ. So imagine how I feel when I read lies that Oswald wanted to kill JFK. The very opposite was the case: he risked his life to try to save him.

I am grateful to Abraham Bolden for mentioning "Lee" as the informant to the FBI who saved Kennedy in Chicago. Lee told me he had worked hard to save Kennedy and had succeeded in one instance, which I reported to Shackelford and Platzman in 1999, as well as to "60 Minutes". Bolden confirmed that a "Lee" saved JFK from assassination in Chicago.

This makes sense to me, as Dr. Mary Sherman had many contacts in Chicago, coming originally from University of Chicago, and he said he relied on contacts to get the message through. He also dared to send some death threats as Dallas approached, hoping to get more security for JFK.

He was also present at the Stevenson UN Day event in Dallas when Stevenson was physically attacked by being spat upon and hit with a signboard during his speech. Lee had helped as one of the demonstrators and hoped the incident would increase security levels on JFK, for he knew if JFK made it to Dallas, he would have difficulty getting out alive unless extraordinary measures were taken.

He had penetrated (or was lured) into what he described as an assassination ring. The last meeting I knew of occurred on Sunday evening, the week before he assassination. He said he had never seen the individual he met a that time before. He wondered if they met so the character would be able to kill him on the 22nd...

We talked about an hour and a half his last call, which ended about 37 1/2 hours before the assassination, ending very early Thursday AM... He wanted to spend Thursday night with his babies and Marina... He wept, and said he would be there to tell them goodbye.

JVB[/quote]

If the above bogus document is part of the JVB story, then she is most definately part of a very complicated psychological warfare operation that is being conducted by one Gregory Douglas, one which we are very familiar with and one that is meant to decieve and confuse.

BK
[/quote]

Messages In This Thread
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile - by Myra Bronstein - 01-03-2010, 01:30 AM
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile - by Myra Bronstein - 04-03-2010, 12:18 AM
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile - by Myra Bronstein - 04-03-2010, 06:19 AM
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile - by Myra Bronstein - 22-03-2010, 08:53 AM
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile - by James H. Fetzer - 23-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile - by Dixie Dea - 24-03-2010, 11:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  JUDYTH VARY BAKER - IN HER OWN WORDS: Edited, With Commentary by Walt Brown, Ph.D Anthony Thorne 41 14,604 12-07-2019, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  CAPA's Last Living Witnesses Symposium in Dallas this year! Peter Lemkin 0 9,989 10-09-2018, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  April 1, 1963 Exile Cuban Leaders restricted to DADE COUNTY - start of JFK hatred David Josephs 19 12,082 11-03-2018, 06:37 PM
  Jim Marrs & Mike Baker: PROVE THE GRASSY KNOLL SHOT! Travel Channel: America Declassified Anthony DeFiore 47 25,622 13-04-2017, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Poking More Holes in Judyth Baker Jim DiEugenio 95 54,316 05-07-2016, 09:13 PM
Last Post: Ray Kovach
  Russ Baker on Coast To Coast Richard Coleman 0 2,259 18-01-2016, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  Russ Baker Interview Alan Dale 0 5,860 29-07-2015, 02:49 AM
Last Post: Alan Dale
  Judyth Baker answering questions on Reddit this Friday Kyle Burnett 4 3,737 26-02-2015, 01:01 AM
Last Post: David Josephs
  Judyth Baker conferences: who is funding?? Dawn Meredith 11 6,350 28-10-2014, 08:57 PM
  Nicholson Baker - Dallas Killer's Club R.K. Locke 5 3,800 23-07-2014, 10:18 PM
Last Post: R.K. Locke