Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile
JUDYTH COMMENTS ON BARB'S PICAYUNE ATTACKS AND EARLIER BOOKS

As I told Dr. Fetzer when he first interviewed me, ten years' worth of nitpicking
would be arrayed against me if we entered a forum instead of staying with blogs.
I particularly warned him that quotes could be taken from the two unauthorized
books out there. One book was written via emals with Dr. Howard Platzman, and
many items were missing and a few were misinterpreted. After it was stolen and
altered by thieves who blackmailed me, trying to get my screenplay, it had to be
abandoned and he book had to be rewritten.

The second book was published behind my back by Harrison E. Livingstone with
good intentions -- I had received death threats -- but he published i with errors
I was not allowed to correct. I told Dr. Fetzer quotations from my unauthorized
book(s) were being used against me, though I had had no control of the final
product and had protested the errors, omissions and even interpolations, some
speculations never meant to reach print, and even the excision of some crucial
explanatory statements. Here is my statement, published in July 2006, after I
learned this book had been published in May, 2006, behind my back. I had been
sent copies and had read the finished product and was overwhelmed by all the
problems with the book.

I sent out a press release to a number of publishers and the media--all of which
were ignored -- and as soon as I calculated that one poor investor hopefully got
'paid' -- I never received any money for it myself and would have refused a single
dollar. I even sent Mr. Livingstone his tiny 'advance' money back -- which originally
had been described as a gift so I could keep my Internet connection going in Hungary.
Here is the disclaimer I wrote as soon as I assessed the condition and inaccuracy of
the book that Barb J. uses as the basis for her criticisms, even though she is aware
that the book was shut down by me for its flaws and faults. Nonetheless, the book
does contain a great deal of useful information (if you can read it, since the typeface
for the endnotes is microscopic). I also published the following declaration and sent
it everywhere I could in the form of a press release. I believe it bears repeating here:

PRESS RELEASE

<뾼˼>JULY 21, 2006

New Book about Kennedy Assassination printed without author’s permission.
Author was the lover of accused assassin Lee Harvey Oswald.

Title of the unauthorized publication:

LEE HARVEY OSWALD
The True Story of the Accused Assassin of President John F. Kennedy by His Lover

Judyth Vary Baker

(A Harrison Edward Livingstone Book) published summer, 2006 by Trafford Press, Canada

STATEMENT FOR THE PRESS:

While I appreciate the kind Forwards written by esteemed JFK assassination researchers
Dr. Harrison Edward Livingstone, and Martin Shackelford, who were responsible for the
publication of this edition, and while I recognize that they believe this book needs to get
into the hands of the American people for the sake of history, nevertheless, this book was
published without my permission and is an unauthorized version of:

LEE HARVEY OSWALD: the Truth about the Accused Assassin by Judyth Vary.

I am not responsible for any errors, omissions, libelous statements, etc. in this unauthorized
publication, since it was published without my permission, and I had no access to the final
version before it was printed.

(signed)

Judyth Vary Baker

USA

Additional Comments for Serious Researchers and Readers:

OMISSIONS IN THE BOOK:

Thirty important pages concerning Lee Harvey Oswald in Dallas and in Mexico City
were not released to Dr. Livingstone and Mr. Shackelford because, among other
reasons, I was refused access to the ‘final’ edit.

SIZE OF MANUSCRIPT:

Dr. Livingstone wrote that he received ‘a mountain’ of textual material from me,
and that he then had to cut the manuscript to half its size. This is inaccurate.
I can prove it: I copyrighted the first, second, and final drafts, which proves
all the writing is mine, and that the book as delivered to Dr. Livingstone was
only 800 pages long, not twice that size as claimed. Dr. Livingstone may have
included all the email remarks, etc. over a period of 15 months, as part of his
‘mountain’ of textual material.

READABILITY OF BOOK:

By reducing the size of many illustrations (sometimes to a size that was unreadable)
and reducing the size and number of end-notes (the typeface size is almost unreadable)
the book is difficult to read.

VALUE OF BOOK:

Most of the book stands, despite its typos and the rawness of the manuscript in some places,
as the most comprehensive account of Lee Harvey Oswald’s activities and personality in existence,
with new details and evidence sufficient to convince the unprejudiced reader of Oswald’s patriotism,
heroism, and innocence.

MODE OF COMMUNICATING BOOK’S CONTENTS TO LIVINGSTONE :

The book was transferred to an associate of Dr. Livingstone via the Internet, and since Dr. Livingstone
and I did not get along, eventually I was informed that I would not be allowed to see the final edit of
the book. This made me angry. Had I seen this error-filled manuscript, which was reprinted almost
exactly as transmitted over the Internet while I lived in Europe—except that some evidence illustrations
have actually been removed or reduced to a size impossible to easily read—I repeat: had I seen the final
‘edit’ I would have corrected the many typos, etc. After all, I have been teaching English many years, and
though I can’t type very accurately, I am able to proofread final manuscripts quite well.

EXAMPLES OF PROBLEMS IN THE BOOK:

To illustrate the superabundance of typos, excisions, and editing problems encountered in this big book,
I have selected a short section -- a mere ten pages -- to illustrate why I am dissatisfied and concerned
about what has reached readers and researchers in this unauthorized version:

p. 205, near bottom: Some sentences were removed, meaning that when the reader reads, “ I caught my
breath. I saw that they were dead serious…” regarding our ongoing conversation at the time, it makes little
sense, since the paragraph before these words is a quote about Clint Murchison, unrelated to the statement.

p. 206: Illustration is on the wrong page (should be on page 207).

p. 208: The paragraph containing “Every three days or so, the fluid had to be replaced…” is repeated on p.
209, with slight variations. I would append part of the end of one Internet file to the next one, to keep the
files in proper chronological order, and in this case, the tag wasn’t removed.

p. 209: Illustration is on the wrong page ---and the caption is incomplete..

p. 212: An important letter (Banister to HUAC guru Edwin Willis, US Rep. LA,) has been removed, making
what is described seem less important than it is, and one has to access end notes contained in the next volume,
which few would bother to do, to see if the letter is present. It is not! It was removed! Willis’ important response
to the letter is also missing. Both letters are in the original manuscript.

p. 213: While quoting a researcher, six lines of comments I wrote at the end of the quote are indented in the
same smaller typeface as the quote, and therefore seem to be part of the researcher’s quote, instead of being
my own words.

p. 214: The important Tasarov Russian defector letter to be discussed with HUAC’s Edwin Willis, whose office
was located directly across the street from where Lee Oswald (former defector) worked at Reily’s, proves that
Willis was privy to all defector information via the CIA. But the letter has been reduced to a size impossible to read.

There are a dismaying and irritating number of typos uncorrected in the text. For example, just below the sentences
mentioned above, there is a semicolon instead of an apostrophe.

RE: End notes and Index: You need a magnifying glass to read the end notes, but end note number 475, for some
reason, is in a HUGE typeface (p. 677).

Misplaced Index and Omissions/Errors in Index:

The Index was placed in the book ahead of the end notes.

Example of Omissions in Index:

The Index has many irritating omissions (for example, “Tommy ‘the Cork’ Corcoran” is missing, who was involved in
Oswald’s Mexico City trip; researcher Mary Ferrell’s name is missing; researcher Debbee Reynold’s name is missing;
Robert Oswald’s name is missing; William I. Monaghan is not indexed as such, but is found under two other headings:
“Bill Monaghan” and “Mr. Monaghan,” etc.)

Example of Errors in Index:

The Index also contains some embarrassing editing errors, such as “ARRB” in the very beginning of the Index, where,
unaccountably, it says “See ARRB, See ARRB, See ARRB.”

Much of the Book Wasn’t Proofread:

Unfortunately, the long list of evidence removed or reduced to an unreadable size, the truncating of many end notes,
and the preservation in the first half of the book of most of the manuscript’s typos, combine to offer frustration to the
serious researcher, and to distract the general reader. I repeat that I was not allowed to view the ‘final edit’ – though
it has been claimed otherwise.

Errors exist such as saying I was conscripted by the CIA, that I was asked to write to President Kennedy in 1960, that
I was in a soundproofed room at Eli Lilly’s instead of a room that resembled a sound-proofed room. Day classes at MJC
in Russian were omitted (why?) from the text. Speculations about AIDS never meant to be printed were included.

Personal remarks about certain researchers, meant only for the editor, were included, creating justifiable anger among
those so mentioned.

The error of Cancun, made by a former agent, instead of Kankun was included, keeping a myth alive that did not belong
in the book, as it was never in my original account.

THIS EDITION IS UNAUTHORIZED and does NOT constitute the whole of my testimony. While I appreciate
the efforts and financial sacrifices made by these noted researchers to get the bulk of the manuscript into the
hands of the American people, I repeat that I am not responsible for any errors therein, nor for any missing or
unreadable materials/evidence. I am also not responsible for any statements or descriptions of living individuals
whose names are mentioned in the manuscript, but were never intended to be shown to the general public, as it
was always my intention to remove or truncate any and all potentially libelous statements from the final version
of the manuscript before its publication.

Honest researchers will be able to discern the value of the book, however flawed the manuscript is: as for me,
I remain dedicated to the goal of the exoneration of the innocent man, Lee Harvey Oswald, and will continue to
do everything in my power to get the truth to the American people, and to the world.

In that spirit, I have decided not to bring any formal charges against Dr. Livingstone and Mr. Shackelford for what
they have done. Instead, I seek a publisher who will assure me that ALL the vital information in my book will be
accessible to as many people as possible, in a fully legible, readable, proofread, intact version.

Judyth Vary

San Luis, Arizona, USA

July 21, 2006

Messages In This Thread
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile - by Myra Bronstein - 01-03-2010, 01:30 AM
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile - by Myra Bronstein - 04-03-2010, 12:18 AM
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile - by Myra Bronstein - 04-03-2010, 06:19 AM
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile - by Myra Bronstein - 22-03-2010, 08:53 AM
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile - by Dixie Dea - 24-03-2010, 11:09 PM
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile - by James H. Fetzer - 07-04-2010, 10:01 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  JUDYTH VARY BAKER - IN HER OWN WORDS: Edited, With Commentary by Walt Brown, Ph.D Anthony Thorne 41 14,622 12-07-2019, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  CAPA's Last Living Witnesses Symposium in Dallas this year! Peter Lemkin 0 9,992 10-09-2018, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  April 1, 1963 Exile Cuban Leaders restricted to DADE COUNTY - start of JFK hatred David Josephs 19 12,084 11-03-2018, 06:37 PM
  Jim Marrs & Mike Baker: PROVE THE GRASSY KNOLL SHOT! Travel Channel: America Declassified Anthony DeFiore 47 25,626 13-04-2017, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Poking More Holes in Judyth Baker Jim DiEugenio 95 54,322 05-07-2016, 09:13 PM
Last Post: Ray Kovach
  Russ Baker on Coast To Coast Richard Coleman 0 2,260 18-01-2016, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  Russ Baker Interview Alan Dale 0 5,862 29-07-2015, 02:49 AM
Last Post: Alan Dale
  Judyth Baker answering questions on Reddit this Friday Kyle Burnett 4 3,742 26-02-2015, 01:01 AM
Last Post: David Josephs
  Judyth Baker conferences: who is funding?? Dawn Meredith 11 6,353 28-10-2014, 08:57 PM
  Nicholson Baker - Dallas Killer's Club R.K. Locke 5 3,801 23-07-2014, 10:18 PM
Last Post: R.K. Locke