Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Tobacco's Conspiracy To Hide Health Risks & Deceive, They Knew & Documents Show They Knew - Here
Carol Thompson Wrote:I pushed the "Post Quick Reply" button, which to my knowledge does not start a new thread. And I did address your point, which is the fraudulent claim that Big Tobacco supposedly conspired to hide the risks of smoking. This is patently ridiculous on its face, because the vast majority of the "research" was done by the anti-smoker American Cancer Society and/or its puppets at the National Institutes of Health. Big Tobacco had no capacity whatsoever to conceal it, because their enemies did it, and their media accomplices eagerly spread their lies, while ruthlessly censoring the truth. The fact that those 50-plus studies of HPV and lung cancer have been concealed from the public is rock-solid proof of who has done all the concealing.

And DUDE, I'll be happy to debate you point for point about the supposed health risks of tobacco. Your "graduate degree in Public Health and Toxicology and tobacco toxicity" isn't worth a damn. People in your field are rewarded for their ideological purity, not their scientific competence.

Your new here and have zero [it would seem] idea of my ideology. I'm a rebel and was in Grad School too. But I know that the Tobacco Industry, the USG regulators, the NIH and many others knew the dangers of tobacco for over a century and hid it...and you seem to still want to hide it. I was rewarded for nothing in my studies except whatever competance I had as a student; and had no research grants from anyone, nor with any agenda but truthful science and public health at Yale and UCLA. You're coming here with a huge chip on your shoulder and not making any friends....but it seems not to be your intention. By the way, why are you so upset about all this?....what's your motive [pure truth?] or is someone rewarding or paying you? Belong to a PR firm? Have any connections to the tobacco industry?...or just a big smoker who doesn't like it controlled? Have you looked at the full documents summarized in the first post of this thread? If so, then you have little respect for peer reviewed science. Let me guess you don't believe in human induced climate change and most assassinations were done by lone nuts; the government and large corporations know what is best for us and always look out for our interests...if we'd only stay out of they way and do as they say...all will be just fine.....am I close?joystick [The name is Peter, not 'Dude'...a crude Americanism - while anger has its place at times, you're certainly are coming here with a truckload and dumping it on anyone in sight]...but it is your right and perogative. However, to me this is like going over the driver didn't shoot JFK all over again. The issue of tobacco and cancer [and a HOST of other diseases] is extablished fact....not IMO open to question....unless someone has an agenda to do so. [Doubt for doubt sake and the benefit of the Corporations who profit by death, lies and destruction of our health and the health of the planet. Gonna support GM crops and Montsanto next?....maybe this isn't your forum of 'closest fit'.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
Big Tobacco's Conspiracy To Hide Health Risks & Deceive, They Knew & Documents Show They Knew - Here - by Peter Lemkin - 25-12-2010, 01:38 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Documents Reveal Oil And Tobacco Industries’ Dirty History Of Working Together Drew Phipps 0 7,042 20-07-2016, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  "Conspiracy Theory" Jan Klimkowski 17 15,120 21-02-2014, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Health Bosses 'Delay Treatment In The Hope Patients Go Private Or Die' Magda Hassan 0 2,776 30-07-2011, 01:58 AM
  Health Care In the USA......rated best and worst [depending on your $$$$ status alone. Peter Lemkin 0 3,426 20-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage Magda Hassan 1 3,499 21-06-2011, 06:37 AM
  Stanford Historian Robert Proctor vs. Big Tobacco R.J. Reynolds: A Lot on the Line Magda Hassan 3 6,693 24-12-2010, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Carol Thompson
  Of Corporate Spying, Dirty Tricks & Lies - In This Case US Health Insurance Peter Lemkin 0 3,571 24-11-2010, 09:37 AM
  Nanotech Particles Pose Serious DNA Risks to Humans and the Environment Magda Hassan 0 3,436 27-10-2010, 05:45 AM
  Former Worker's Confession: "I Was Hired to Stand in the Way of Health Care Reform" Magda Hassan 0 3,054 06-11-2009, 10:20 AM
  Scientist Warning of Health Hazards of Monsanto's Herbicide Receives Threats Magda Hassan 5 5,100 07-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Keith Millea