Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Tobacco's Conspiracy To Hide Health Risks & Deceive, They Knew & Documents Show They Knew - Here
David Guyatt Wrote:I disagree. This is a question that should be answered openly and without reservation, simply because you are representing views that could, reasonably, be said to reflect those of big tobacco. It is certainly not a smear to ask this question. Nor have I heard the argument before that a straight-forward question is typified an "insinuation".

In the last analysis, a question as to your "bona fides" needs to be answered fully, fairly and honestly, or else other readers will assume that you are hiding connections that damage your argument. This is human nature.

I recommend you proceed accordingly.

Lastly, it isn't even remotely possible that big tobacco is the "poor cousin" in all this. It is not short of money. Not by any measure of extreme wealth.

The fact remains that the historic lawsuit brought against them was enfeebled - out of the pubic eye - by all sorts of appeals and other legal impediments since the judgement was handed down. Big tobacco has not paid a fraction of the hundreds of billions awarded to the plaintiffs. And it was overflowing with unimaginably vast pools of funds prior to that. Billions of people still smoke, primarily now in LDC's - which big tobacco targeted after the lawsuit, confident that non-Europeans, (Southern Hemisphere peoples) wouldn't have the ability to defend against the power and advertising of a largely unregulated strum und drang onslaught unleashed by big tobacco to garner a vast stream of largely untapped revenue in exchange for their carcinogenic laden product.

My views can NOT "reasonably, be said to reflect those of big tobacco," because Big Tobacco has never expressed these views, and particularly not where it would matter the most, namely in a court of law.

My views represent the interest that smokers and everyone else in the world has in legitimate, state-of-the-art science, rather than pseudo-science founded on lifestyle questionnaires, frozen in time to embrace only hypotheses involving chemicals and genes which were fashionable during the Third Reich, while ignoring the evidence implicating infection which has developed during the last 30 years.

Considering the tobacco companies' performance in the US, their moving into foreign markets is a sign that the anti-smokers are moving into those countries. And they'll perform their same fraudulent acts of theater there that they did here, so that the anti-smokers can win.

And, out of all the hundreds of billions of dollars that have been looted from smokers, not one cent has ever been used to protect smokers' rights, which have been grievously violated by the anti-smoker-controlled US government.

Messages In This Thread
Big Tobacco's Conspiracy To Hide Health Risks & Deceive, They Knew & Documents Show They Knew - Here - by Carol Thompson - 26-12-2010, 07:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Documents Reveal Oil And Tobacco Industries’ Dirty History Of Working Together Drew Phipps 0 7,023 20-07-2016, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  "Conspiracy Theory" Jan Klimkowski 17 14,888 21-02-2014, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Health Bosses 'Delay Treatment In The Hope Patients Go Private Or Die' Magda Hassan 0 2,751 30-07-2011, 01:58 AM
  Health Care In the USA......rated best and worst [depending on your $$$$ status alone. Peter Lemkin 0 3,405 20-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage Magda Hassan 1 3,469 21-06-2011, 06:37 AM
  Stanford Historian Robert Proctor vs. Big Tobacco R.J. Reynolds: A Lot on the Line Magda Hassan 3 6,647 24-12-2010, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Carol Thompson
  Of Corporate Spying, Dirty Tricks & Lies - In This Case US Health Insurance Peter Lemkin 0 3,549 24-11-2010, 09:37 AM
  Nanotech Particles Pose Serious DNA Risks to Humans and the Environment Magda Hassan 0 3,408 27-10-2010, 05:45 AM
  Former Worker's Confession: "I Was Hired to Stand in the Way of Health Care Reform" Magda Hassan 0 3,034 06-11-2009, 10:20 AM
  Scientist Warning of Health Hazards of Monsanto's Herbicide Receives Threats Magda Hassan 5 5,049 07-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Keith Millea