Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Intell planned to destroy Wikileaks
Keith Millea Wrote:I think I'm the only person that posts here that has actually been in combat.I have a different perspective than everyone else.For instance,seeing the soldier pick up the wounded child and run as fast as he could to get her to the medic track showed how he tried his best to save this child(which they actually did).I thought to myself,this guy will invision,and have trouble with this horrible scene for the rest of his life.The following interview proves this out.I have not seen nor heard anyone express anything but contempt for the soldiers though(murderers all).

So,I'm not going to argue with anyone here about what is right or what is wrong.I find this interview with a former soldier from that unit to be pretty much in line with how I see these things,so I'll let him speak.And again,from my perspective,Amy Goodman was a complete asshole to keep trying to get him to name names over the public airways.This was about as unprofessional as a journalist could be.......

Getting people to name names is what journalists do Smile

I have no opinion on Amy Goodman, haven't heard her at all. It's possible the 2 Reuters guys were setting up for a photo shoot behind "enemy" lines and the people with tripods or RPGs or whatever they were skidaddled at the first whiff of canon fire. The resolution just isn't good enough for me to say. The helicopter crew would have had a better view, but that also means they killed the wrong guys and saw the kids in the van, most likely. I didn't watch the full video with the same guys killing civilians in an apartment building later in the day, but there are some stills up of that at cryptome.org today.

The most obvious conclusion from the film is the military's engagement policy was/is to kill them all and figure it out later. That's a war crime, btw, even if it is policy. You aren't allowed to target civilians under any of international conventions mainly pushed by the United States. Ultimately it hardly matters to anyone affected what some group of soldiers thought they saw, and just as crooked cops will throw in a gun, so will soldiers, in a pinch, rumage up a grenade to toss in the crime scene.

With all the reporters killed, it looks like the US targeted reporters, and in that case, is the dialogue we're listening to in the leaked video real at all, or is it just bad acting to cover up that policy of executing reporters in the arena? Is it unpremeditated murder, or is it murder with malice aforethought? I don't know. It's not manslaughter, though. Not with that imbalance of firepower. imo.

Messages In This Thread
US Intell planned to destroy Wikileaks - by Helen Reyes - 13-04-2010, 10:32 PM
US Intell planned to destroy Wikileaks - by Myra Bronstein - 22-08-2010, 08:38 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  London shoot-out: Inside the CIA's secret war plans against WikiLeaks Magda Hassan 5 2,925 30-09-2021, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Venezuela: WikiLeaks confirms US plans Magda Hassan 26 9,846 26-04-2014, 03:01 AM
  How Covert Agents Infiltrate the Internet to Manipulate, Deceive, and Destroy Reputations Marlene Zenker 8 4,401 26-02-2014, 02:59 AM
Last Post: Marlene Zenker
  Wikileaks publishes Stratfor Global Intelligence files. Magda Hassan 26 13,050 16-11-2013, 09:45 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  WikiLeaks publishes more than 1.7 million United States records Magda Hassan 62 17,538 26-06-2013, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  Wikileaks Payback - Offensive and Defensive Magda Hassan 133 53,307 25-04-2013, 07:18 AM
  WikiLeaks cables: MI5 offered files on Finucane killing to inquiry Magda Hassan 6 4,728 12-12-2012, 11:47 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  The Frank Olson Case: Law Suit Planned Over His Death in 1953 Adele Edisen 2 3,276 28-11-2012, 01:27 PM
  Wikileaks: Google caught in spy games on execs and ‘regime change’ Magda Hassan 2 3,099 10-08-2012, 05:57 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  WikiLeaks releases mystery file (31 Aug 2011) Ed Jewett 12 10,022 03-09-2011, 03:06 PM