Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Intell planned to destroy Wikileaks
Helen Reyes Wrote:Mother Jones "fact-checker" tries to confirm John Young quotes for smear campaign again wikileaks
http://cryptome.org/0001/mj-wl-show.htm

Quote:snip...

I did not speak with David Kushner. He used remarks by me and
others from email messages on a private mail-list concerning
Wikileaks during its formation. These messages are here:

http://cryptome.org/wikileaks/wikileaks-leak.htm

I am the founder of Cryptome.org.

I was not tricked to serve as domain registrant, I willingly agreed
to do that. During further discussion of the initiative, as described
in the email messages cited above, I disagreed with the fund-raising
ambition, argument ensued, and I was replaced as registrant.
I was then unsubscribed from the private mail list.

However, because the subscriber list included me under a different
email address (not my doing) I continued to receive the private email
and enjoyed the remarks made about me. Those messages are here:

http://cryptome.org/wikileaks/wikileaks-leak2.htm

However, it is important to understand and report that my early
criticisms have been supplemented with admiration for Wikileaks,
as I have said in several public fora since the Collateral Murder video
was released.

Use any of this you like. It will be published on Cryptome.

Regards,

John

There's some priceless fun stuff at those links. Just goes to show how down-to-earth practical JY is too. Doesn't bear a grudge either.

They don't reflect too well on Assange or Kushner though, especially implying that age equals senility and a tendency to fall prey to 'conspiracy theories' - that knee-jerk garbage phrase again, as though it has any meaning at all beyond abuse. The impression is of brash young Turks of the kind the Spooks love to play with. The risk is they will end up as Spook tools and remain blissfully unaware - and or in denial of it.

The cocky - we'll show the bastards style is a big turn off for me but - hey ho - I'm sure they mean well. The Achilles heel of course lies in the naked ambition.

Still, they seem to be back so let's see how it goes.
Peter Presland

".....there is something far worse than Nazism, and that is the hubris of the Anglo-American fraternities, whose routine is to incite indigenous monsters to war, and steer the pandemonium to further their imperial aims"
Guido Preparata. Preface to 'Conjuring Hitler'[size=12][size=12]
"Never believe anything until it has been officially denied"
Claud Cockburn

[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Messages In This Thread
US Intell planned to destroy Wikileaks - by Peter Presland - 21-05-2010, 08:51 PM
US Intell planned to destroy Wikileaks - by Myra Bronstein - 22-08-2010, 08:38 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  London shoot-out: Inside the CIA's secret war plans against WikiLeaks Magda Hassan 5 2,948 30-09-2021, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Venezuela: WikiLeaks confirms US plans Magda Hassan 26 9,996 26-04-2014, 03:01 AM
  How Covert Agents Infiltrate the Internet to Manipulate, Deceive, and Destroy Reputations Marlene Zenker 8 4,431 26-02-2014, 02:59 AM
Last Post: Marlene Zenker
  Wikileaks publishes Stratfor Global Intelligence files. Magda Hassan 26 13,256 16-11-2013, 09:45 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  WikiLeaks publishes more than 1.7 million United States records Magda Hassan 62 17,678 26-06-2013, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  Wikileaks Payback - Offensive and Defensive Magda Hassan 133 53,915 25-04-2013, 07:18 AM
  WikiLeaks cables: MI5 offered files on Finucane killing to inquiry Magda Hassan 6 4,753 12-12-2012, 11:47 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  The Frank Olson Case: Law Suit Planned Over His Death in 1953 Adele Edisen 2 3,284 28-11-2012, 01:27 PM
  Wikileaks: Google caught in spy games on execs and ‘regime change’ Magda Hassan 2 3,117 10-08-2012, 05:57 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  WikiLeaks releases mystery file (31 Aug 2011) Ed Jewett 12 10,094 03-09-2011, 03:06 PM