Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghost Writer by Polanski review by Gilad Atzmon
That's right, I forgot it was his wife, even though I skipped to the end (no spoiler alert because the quality of the work doesn't really require it). Someone else told me Gordon Brown was the real CIA agent, but I never looked into it. I just extracted Sikorski's book from the moving box and the first paragraph in the prologue is interesting:

Quote:On the fourth of June, 1989, the day of Poland's first partly democratic election since the Second World War, I was deep in the Angolan bush, not far from the strategic Benguela railway. I had joined a unit of Jonas Savimbi's UNITA guerillas on a long trek from his base at Jamba to the battleground in the central highlands. They had been fighting a Cuban-supported Communist government in Luanda since the 1970s and I admired them. Later, Savimbi's personality cult, the dishonesty of my minders, and the atmosphere of voodoo superstition were to change my mind.

Very Heart of Darkness there. What's Sikorski's connexion with British intelligence, if any? Is this the same person who is Trusk's foreign minister?

I can't think of any other reason Polanski would be arrested at the time he was unless it was some horse trading involving US interests, UBS and bailouts, but that seems even less likely.

Messages In This Thread
Ghost Writer by Polanski review by Gilad Atzmon - by Helen Reyes - 23-04-2010, 07:37 PM