Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster
Ed Jewett Wrote:
Myra Bronstein Wrote:
Ed Jewett Wrote:Also, the incident seems to lend a new dimension to the term "deep politics". What is evident is massive long-term "winking" or collusion between government and business to the extreme detriment of sentient life forms. As someone who has studied and was qualified in NIMS incident command and exercise design, I am horrified by the ineptitude of the government's response to this "incident".

It's not ineptitude, it's policies and priorities that forsake everything but profit. Notice that the corporate gov't is utterly competent and efficient when they decide that a big brokerage firm must be bailed out. The apparatus that got Obama elected was a well-oiled machine. Then he suddenly can't govern; alluva sudden his administration is all thumbs? Bullshit. He/they merely have an agenda different from ours. Disaster capitalism.

Maybe I was being too kind or careful in my wording... but what we are talking about here, whether or not it is disaster capitalism, is gross dereliction of duty, extreme failure of leadership, scientific ignorance and hubris, failure to appreciate the nature and severity of the situation and to take appropriate action, an impeachable offense, and eco-treason.

I understand Ed. From the perspective of us not in the ruling elite (I'm making assumptions about you) a sane and humane and responsible agenda is the exact opposite of what they're doing. From the perspective of the corporate owned ruling elite--the only demographic that matters--their agenda is being carried out wonderfully, and the puppets they installed are performing brilliantly.

Police and the coast guard patrol the Louisiana shore to prevent reporters from taking pictures of the horrifying suffering of the dying animals. Halliburton will probably be paid millions of our tax dollars to fix the problem that they were paid millions of tax dollars to create. New offshore drilling permits are being granted in the midst of the off shore drilling "moratorium. Gulf drilling regulators will continue to let oil companies fill out their own inspection reports.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/24...87346.html
http://motherjones.com/environment/2010/...isle-beach

But Obama went there promptly for his photo op so at least they threw the proles a crumb.

Messages In This Thread
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster - by Myra Bronstein - 25-05-2010, 04:03 AM
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster - by Myra Bronstein - 25-05-2010, 06:34 AM
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster - by Mark Stapleton - 27-05-2010, 08:33 AM
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster - by Mark Stapleton - 28-05-2010, 03:32 AM
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster - by Myra Bronstein - 08-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster - by Myra Bronstein - 08-06-2010, 10:16 AM