Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster
"Officials have now admitted that BP’s unstoppable oil leak may be pouring up to 2.5 million gallons a day into Gulf of Mexico." Hmmm.....It began on April 20...that makes about 36 days x 2.5 million gallons = about 90 million gallons - and they don't expect the relief well will be drilled before the end of the year....which would be about another 525 million gallons - for a total [if the leak doesn't increase, as many experts expect] = a total 'spill' of about 615.000.000 gallons [give or take a few]....nice move BP, Halliburton, USG, et al.... These figures I take as conservative - as they are probably still lying about the amount and it IS expected that the leaking oil will break the pipe further and increase its rate of flow....so I'd guessimate a billion gallons [4 billion liters]. :joyman: Add to that that BP has bought up and used about half of the world's supply of dispersant [which are as harmful / toxic - if not more so than the oil itself!]. Not much chance of the Gulf surviving as much more than a sewer for years to come. :dancing2:
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster - by Myra Bronstein - 25-05-2010, 04:03 AM
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster - by Myra Bronstein - 25-05-2010, 06:34 AM
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster - by Peter Lemkin - 25-05-2010, 08:23 AM
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster - by Mark Stapleton - 27-05-2010, 08:33 AM
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster - by Mark Stapleton - 28-05-2010, 03:32 AM
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster - by Myra Bronstein - 08-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster - by Myra Bronstein - 08-06-2010, 10:16 AM