Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peter Presland & Wikispooks: congratulations
Helen Reyes Wrote:Well done! How can I help?

It probably doesn't matter at all, but I was thinking your logo should be more spook-like, maybe some logo based on the Shadow or some spooky looking man in black with black fedora.

Thanks Helen.

On the logo; you may well be right but I've already spent an age on it. Considered deep dark pools with ripples, some good 'black-hole' images and some cartoon/comical stuff too. Frankly the comical stuff seemed a bit out of place for what is intended as a serious subject - though I accept that satire is one of the most potent weapons against established power. Also, mucking about with colour on the Mediawiki platform is not a simple matter, so that a tint of blue was ultimately the best bet from a 'don't make-work' standpoint.

The upshot? - the logo will have to do for now.

On how to help: ANY help will be well received. No instructions really. All the rules are fairly clearly spelled out. What's needed is some good solid aggregation of the main Deep Political issues in good articles with copious links - all done with a presumption against 'the official narrative'. Original in depth stuff on lesser know/more recent issues also needed - as is absolutely anything that fits the description of 'reference material on Deep Political issues'. Involvement by others pre-disposed to support for the project has already produced very valuable feedback and changes. I'm working on an automated category tree page right now which will make navigation and finding things a bit easier - and reveal all the gaping holes too.

Assuming the site starts to attract serious traffic, it will also need additional reliable sysops/admins too; but I'm still feeling my way a bit right now and in no hurry - glitches keep appearing and I'd rather get them all ironed out before going ballistic.

Actually received 3 anonymous u/ls today - about the beaching of the SS Independence - full of toxic/radio-active waste on the beach at Alang India last year - already public domain though and from a site already publishing them so anonymity hardly needed. Not sure what I'll do with them yet.

The site has delivered over 48,000 page loads in May - just over 30,000 of them since Cryptome ran a piece on it on Sunday! So, you never know.

Why not just create an account, have a potter around and put a few things up yourself?
Peter Presland

".....there is something far worse than Nazism, and that is the hubris of the Anglo-American fraternities, whose routine is to incite indigenous monsters to war, and steer the pandemonium to further their imperial aims"
Guido Preparata. Preface to 'Conjuring Hitler'[size=12][size=12]
"Never believe anything until it has been officially denied"
Claud Cockburn

[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Messages In This Thread
Peter Presland & Wikispooks: congratulations - by Peter Presland - 24-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Peter Presland & Wikispooks: congratulations - by Myra Bronstein - 28-05-2010, 07:37 AM
Peter Presland & Wikispooks: congratulations - by Myra Bronstein - 28-05-2010, 07:43 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Symposium in Honor of Peter Dale Scott Ed Jewett 0 3,727 22-12-2009, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett