Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peter Presland & Wikispooks: congratulations
Myra Bronstein Wrote:
Peter Presland Wrote:...
On the logo; you may well be right but I've already spent an age on it. ...

I'm awestruck by your logo 'cause it's so excellent. Good clean simple logos are brutally hard to do.

What application did you use for it Peter? Photoshop? Illustrator?

Wow, you even created a good quality favicon with it. Also super hard to do. Kudos.
Thanks Myra

I did the logo with Gimp - that's an open source alternative to Photoshop, It has the usual open-source rough edges compared to comparable commercial offerings but very full-featured nonetheless.

A brief update on WikSpooks:

We've had just just over 6,000 unique visitors (ie IP addresses) to date. Taking into account those who do not have their own IP address, that probably equates to around 4,500-5,000 individual people. Only 20 registrations though and hardly anything by way of contributions/article edits etc. + the usual slurping bots and persistent regular attempts at unauthorised root access to the server. Still - a lot learned.

It's become obvious that separate servers are required for Mail/uploads and the site itself - security and other techie considerations being the drivers. So the next week or so will taken up with rehashing all that and implementing an Authoritative SSL facility for anonymous uploads and anyone who has a need to access the main site over an encrypted connection.

Then I intend to get down to the serious business of fleshing out the framework and getting some solid stuff up - always remembering it is intended as a reference site rather than a news aggregation or discussion site.

The site will remain open throughout and anyone with anything interesting to upload or contribute by way of authoring an article or copy/pasting reference documents (ie solid reference stuff already out there on this that or the other blog) - please feel free. There is masses of stuff like that already on DPF and I intend to make copious use of it (duly credited and linked of course) when I can get to concentrate on content.
Peter Presland

".....there is something far worse than Nazism, and that is the hubris of the Anglo-American fraternities, whose routine is to incite indigenous monsters to war, and steer the pandemonium to further their imperial aims"
Guido Preparata. Preface to 'Conjuring Hitler'[size=12][size=12]
"Never believe anything until it has been officially denied"
Claud Cockburn

[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Messages In This Thread
Peter Presland & Wikispooks: congratulations - by Myra Bronstein - 28-05-2010, 07:37 AM
Peter Presland & Wikispooks: congratulations - by Myra Bronstein - 28-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Peter Presland & Wikispooks: congratulations - by Peter Presland - 28-05-2010, 08:58 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Symposium in Honor of Peter Dale Scott Ed Jewett 0 3,725 22-12-2009, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett