Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peter Presland & Wikispooks: congratulations
A brief update:

Thanks to Helen for the Fred Lee Crisman page.

As of this morning the site has a total of 1,104 articles documents and files posted. Many of the files remain uncategorised; many of the pages need extra work - most of them lots of it.

I haven't done any more site promotion because I'm acutely aware of a host of security-related and software enhancement things that need attention - ALL of them distracting and time-consuming - and I am immersed in trying to get a reasonably comprehensive category-tree framework plus substantial content up - even if only in outline.

The 'Spooks' 'Israel Lobby' and 'Northern Ireland' categories (accessible from the left hand 'category tree' menu option) are particularly well populated - though all need masses of additional input. The whole thing to date makes me realise what a mammoth task it will be to do an 'alternative' encyclopedia of Deep Events justice. I certainly won't be able to on my own either. Still, time-enough for approaches to disgruntled Wikipedia editors when it has (if it gets??) a bit more credibility eh?

It currently averages just over 300 unique visitors per day equating to 4000-5000 page loads - which of course means that its content is effectively hidden from the lumpen masses and therefore probably of little interest to you know who - yet anyway. Googlebot and other greedy slurping bots are constantly trawling though it and account for over 10% of bandwidth consumed - I'd love to figure out a way of charging them :hmpf:

Right now I still intend to just keep plugging away and maybe give it a proper launch/push when the inclination to do so strikes.

Anyone with documents that would sit well on the site, please let me know and I'll see to it.
Peter Presland

".....there is something far worse than Nazism, and that is the hubris of the Anglo-American fraternities, whose routine is to incite indigenous monsters to war, and steer the pandemonium to further their imperial aims"
Guido Preparata. Preface to 'Conjuring Hitler'[size=12][size=12]
"Never believe anything until it has been officially denied"
Claud Cockburn

[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Messages In This Thread
Peter Presland & Wikispooks: congratulations - by Myra Bronstein - 28-05-2010, 07:37 AM
Peter Presland & Wikispooks: congratulations - by Myra Bronstein - 28-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Peter Presland & Wikispooks: congratulations - by Peter Presland - 12-06-2010, 11:05 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Symposium in Honor of Peter Dale Scott Ed Jewett 0 3,713 22-12-2009, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett