Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russ Baker and Jim DiEugenio: most curious
Last night I read Jim DiEugenio's Part 10

http://www.ctka.net/2008/bugliosi_10_review.html

Tom Hanks, Gary Goetzman, and Bugliosi's Bungle

A Comprehensive Review of Reclaiming History Pt. 10: How the DA Acquitted Everybody but Oswald

by James DiEugenio

Seamus Coogan posted the link on Lancer and my reply appears below:

#89812, "He's dead, Jim"
In response to In response to 0
Fri Oct-15-10 09:08 AMby Phil Dragoo

Jim DiEugenio Part 10 clearly fleshes out Bungliosi's Strawman on Steroids.

By ignoring the record and the evidence, Vincent is free to simply scoop up large armfuls of straw and say, “Hah, no conspiracy here!”

In a Facebook outline, Vince likes Priscilla Johnson, Ruth Paine, James Angleton, Edward Epstein, Joseph Trento; does NOT like Philip Melanson, John Newman, John Armstrong, Ed Lopez, Dan Hardway, Vince Palamara and a host of others.

Jim DiEugenio presents Vince's Audacity of Solipsism, virtually ignoring Allen Dulles as the agent of change bringing on the violent CIA of the Eisenhower administration, and Dulle's ouster in a hostile takeover of covert operations by John Kennedy, Robert Kennedy, NSAM 55, and the institution of the Defense Intelligence Agency.

Vince conveniently ignores the established character of Oswald as Melanson's undercover intelligence operative.

Ignores the conflict over the Bay of Pigs between JFK and CIA—thus conceals the meaning of LBJ appointing Dulles to investigate the assassination, namely that the latter is placed in a position to protect Angleton, Phillips, Hunt, Morales et al.

Vince ignores the CIA trappings of Ruth Paine and Priscilla Johnson, the very real prospect of JFK dropping LBJ from the ticket, the “security stripping” and other suspicious activities of Moore, Boring, Roberts and others in the Secret Service.

Ignores the Ruby connection to Joseph Civello, the Joseph Civello connection to Patrick Dean, the Patrick Dean connection to Ruby—rubadub-dub.

And so it goes, if Vince says “beyond all doubt Oswald killed Kennedy” hey, why then waste 2700 pages per copy.

If Vince says “Oswald is a Marxist” yes well every hunter this season going out in a stupid suit covered with imprints of leaves must be a tree.

Jim DiEugenio says in sum that CIA and Cubans were the active elements of the deed, that the CIA called upon the Mob and Ruby to silence Oswald, and that LBJ was intimidated by the Mexico City line and used the WW III scenario to scare Warren into lending his credibility to the Commission so controlled by Hoover.

As Jim DiEugenio says, the agencies do not each exist and operate in statutory vacuums but in concert as occasion warrants.

It has seemed to me that Kennedy achieved a critical mass of enemies who had no difficulty cooperating in his removal and have been satisfied with their result for a half century.

And they continue to use hacks like Bungliosi—who no doubt will have his pedestrian droppings exploded in computer-generated pixels by a Tom Hanks Toy Deposit Story cartoon, Strawswald's Tale.

Phil's footnote:

I have found the ten parts to be a thorough deconstruction of the facile faker Bugliosi whose main device combines ignoring the inconvenient and slandering the critic.

I have found a school of Bush ex Machina to exhibit a mania, just as some insist on Johnson behind every bush, and Jews behind them—some place Marcello behind the Jew behind the bush behind the Johnson.

I look forward to the newly-released Evica for the larger picture, contenting myself that the unscrupulous who rubbed their hands together cackling are still watching over us with machines of infinite concern.

And if one stops short while cruising past the avacadoes, surely Todd Levanthal and Cass Sunstein will bump into him, without apology or shame.

Messages In This Thread
Russ Baker and Jim DiEugenio: most curious - by Myra Bronstein - 02-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Russ Baker and Jim DiEugenio: most curious - by Phil Dragoo - 16-10-2010, 04:33 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jim DiEugenio and Lisa Pease' PROBE CD Jim Hackett II 2 3,510 13-05-2013, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Jim Hackett II
  Me and Lee Judyth Baker Dawn Meredith 6 5,607 24-10-2011, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Linda Minor
  FTR #730 Interview with Russ Baker Ed Jewett 4 8,827 18-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  Virtual JFK: film review by Jim DiEugenio Dawn Meredith 1 3,588 03-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith
  In Discussion with Russ Baker Charles Drago 21 12,810 24-05-2009, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Family Of Secrets :The Bush Family Dynasty by Russ Baker Peter Lemkin 13 11,834 14-01-2009, 04:01 AM
Last Post: Myra Bronstein