Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone want to discuss HARVEY & LEE?
Drew Phipps Wrote:Interesting side note: The November 9, 1963 election was about (in Texas) repealing the Poll Tax, which kept poor folks from the ballot box, which had been in effect for 60 years. Texas voters voted to keep the Poll Tax, which was declared unconstitutional by the Warren Court a few years later.

Nov 9th is also the date on the type written letter to the Soviet consulate....

Mrs. PAINE - That is one incident. Another refers to a rough draft of a letter that Lee wrote and left this rough draft on my secretary desk.
Mr. JENNER - Would you describe the incident? In the meantime, I will obtain the rough draft here among my notes.
Mrs. PAINE - All right. This was on the morning of November 9, Saturday. He asked to use my typewriter, and I said he might.
Mr. JENNER - Excuse me. Would you please. state to the Commission why you are reasonably firm that it was the morning of November 9? What arrests your attention to that particular date?
Mrs. PAINE - Because I remember the weekend that this note or rough draft remained on my secretary desk. He spent the weekend on it. And the weekend was close and its residence on that desk was stopped also on the evening of Sunday, the 10th, when I moved everything in the living room around; the whole arrangement of the furniture was changed, so that I am very clear in my mind as to what weekend this was.
Mr. JENNER - All right, go ahead.
Mrs. PAINE - He was using the typewriter. I came and put June in her high-chair near him at the table where he was typing, and he moved something over what he was typing from, which aroused my curiosity.
Mr. JENNER - Why did that arouse your curiosity?
Mrs. PAINE - It appeared he didn't want me to see what he was writing or to whom he was writing. I didn't know why he had covered it. If I had peered around him, I could have looked at the typewriter and the page in it, but I didn't.

https://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archi...PageId=325 is the FBI report from 2/11/64 about Paine discussing this letter from the 9th where she finds the rough draft.
The FM-8 that he claims he had good for only 15 days was actually from an FM-5 application with Oswald's name on it from 9/17 and is good for 180 days.... I guess Ruth just didn't know everything...

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=6862&stc=1]

From part 6:
There remains a few strange things about this typed letter. It is typed, which was something Oswald had never done when sending the Russians a letter. The Russians claim that the tone is much too personal and not in line with the letters they had received to date they felt it was a forgery. The postmark on the envelope is November 2nd while the date of the letter is November 9th.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=6861&stc=1]

Attached Files
.jpg   63-11-09 OSWALD - typed letter re MEXICO - faked signature WH16_CE_15 - Date sent a week before .jpg (Size: 356.13 KB / Downloads: 40)
.jpg   63-09-17 Oswald Mexico visa application an FM-5 not an FM-8.jpg (Size: 213.15 KB / Downloads: 39)
Once in a while you get shown the light
in the strangest of places if you look at it right.....
R. Hunter

Messages In This Thread
Anyone want to discuss HARVEY & LEE? - by David Josephs - 24-04-2015, 10:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harvey In Hungary Brian Doyle 7 492 21-03-2024, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  The Conspiracy to Kill Lee Harvey Oswald --- Conclusion Gil Jesus 1 595 01-04-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  The Conspiracy to Kill Lee Harvey Oswald --- Part IV Gil Jesus 0 437 26-03-2023, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  The Conspiracy to Kill Lee Harvey Oswald --- Part III Gil Jesus 0 478 15-03-2023, 11:34 AM
  The Conspiracy to Kill Lee Harvey Oswald Pt. 1 & 2 Gil Jesus 0 441 08-03-2023, 01:28 PM
  INDISPUTABLE Evidence for Harvey & Lee Sandy Larsen 1 3,792 10-02-2018, 06:14 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  More Evidence for Harvey & Lee -- Oswald was missing a MOLAR, but his exhumed body was not! Sandy Larsen 0 2,677 07-02-2018, 04:40 AM
Last Post: Sandy Larsen
  State of Texas vs Lee Harvey Oswald: Autopsy x rays Jim DiEugenio 40 42,982 07-12-2017, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Cliff Varnell
  J Norwood: "Lee Harvey Oswald: The Legend and the Truth" Jim Hargrove 12 9,113 04-04-2017, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Jim Hargrove
  Lee Harvey Oswald Was My Friend Lauren Johnson 12 9,735 20-10-2016, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle