Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone want to discuss HARVEY & LEE?
One of the things that first convinced me that the man killed by Jack Ruby was not a native-born American was the well-known evidence for how well he spoke Russian. Just a few quick highlights:

In December 1963 Vladimir Petrov, head of the Slavic Language Department at Yale, read a copy of Oswald's 1962 letter from Russia to John Tower. After reading it, Petrov wrote to Senator Tower. Petrov said, "I am satisfied that letter was not written by him [Oswald]. It was written by a Russian with an imperfect knowledge of English."

Just two months after Oswald was discharged from the Marines, doctors at the Moscow hospital reported: "The patient apparently un*derstands the questions asked in Russian. Sometimes he answers correctly, but immedi*ately states that he does not understand what he was asked. "[7 WC Exhibit 985, Volume 18, p. 470]

Then, of course, come all those observations about how fluent Oswald was in Russian when he returned stateside:

Mr. JENNER. Did you speak in Russian or English?
Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. In English at first, and then he switched to Russian.
Mr. JENNER. What was your impression of his command of Russian?
Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Well, he spoke fluent Russian, but with a foreign accent, and made mistakes, grammatical mistakes, but had remarkable fluency in Russian.
Mr. JENNER. It was remarkable?
Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Remarkable--for a fellow of his background and education, it is remarkable how fast he learned it. But he loved the language. He loved to speak it. He preferred to speak Russian than English any time. He always would switch from English to Russian.

There are many other recollections, but my favorite is this, from from Natalie Ray a guest at Katya Ford's 1962 Christmas party:

Natalie Ray was asked by Commission attorney Wesley Liebeler, "Did he (Oswald) speak to you in Russian?" Mrs. Ray replied, "Yes; just perfect; re*
ally surprised me .... it's just too good speaking Russian for be such a short time, you know .... .I said, 'How come you speak so good Russian? I been here so long and still don't speak very well English."'
HarveyandLee.net

Chief Justice Earl Warren: "Full disclosure was not possible for reasons of national security." – 1964
CIA accountant James B. Wilcott: Oswald received "a full-time salary for agent work for doing CIA operational work." – 1978
HSCA counsel Robert Tanenbaum: “Lee Harvey Oswald was a contract employee of the CIA and the FBI.” – 1996

Messages In This Thread
Anyone want to discuss HARVEY & LEE? - by Jim Hargrove - 20-05-2015, 02:56 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harvey In Hungary Brian Doyle 7 492 21-03-2024, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  The Conspiracy to Kill Lee Harvey Oswald --- Conclusion Gil Jesus 1 595 01-04-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  The Conspiracy to Kill Lee Harvey Oswald --- Part IV Gil Jesus 0 437 26-03-2023, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  The Conspiracy to Kill Lee Harvey Oswald --- Part III Gil Jesus 0 478 15-03-2023, 11:34 AM
  The Conspiracy to Kill Lee Harvey Oswald Pt. 1 & 2 Gil Jesus 0 440 08-03-2023, 01:28 PM
  INDISPUTABLE Evidence for Harvey & Lee Sandy Larsen 1 3,790 10-02-2018, 06:14 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  More Evidence for Harvey & Lee -- Oswald was missing a MOLAR, but his exhumed body was not! Sandy Larsen 0 2,677 07-02-2018, 04:40 AM
Last Post: Sandy Larsen
  State of Texas vs Lee Harvey Oswald: Autopsy x rays Jim DiEugenio 40 42,975 07-12-2017, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Cliff Varnell
  J Norwood: "Lee Harvey Oswald: The Legend and the Truth" Jim Hargrove 12 9,112 04-04-2017, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Jim Hargrove
  Lee Harvey Oswald Was My Friend Lauren Johnson 12 9,735 20-10-2016, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle