Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening in Greece right now
It is sad he has resigned, I think......he is very bright and articulate. Even if they choose someone new with the same 'views', I think the fact they loathed him would be GOOD for new talks, not bad for them! I think the powers that be in the EU hate the current Greek government for being against austerity [punishment is good, not bad....suffering is good, not bad.....becoming poor so others can be rich is good, not bad] AND because they are a leftist government in a sea of right-wing ones! Everyone seems also to ignore the history of what Germany and later the USA did to Greece...though few Greeks forget either! I can only hope that he has resigned as a tactical move and then can be re-appointed when the negotiations get deadlocked [as they are SURE to become!]. Here the Euro is fluctuating greatly and is being nervously traded...as some see that other nations could 'opt out' of the Euro if not the EU whenever they like...and not pay what they are asked to pay...much as Iceland gave the finger to their creditors - and is much the better for it!
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
What's happening in Greece right now - by Peter Lemkin - 06-07-2015, 09:59 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Syrian partition happening now Lauren Johnson 1 42,076 09-05-2017, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Joseph Lucas
  Are the "Generals" About to Return to Greece? David Guyatt 0 3,945 23-05-2016, 09:59 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Greece, Israel Agree on military cooperation Ed Jewett 1 3,943 06-09-2011, 01:39 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Interesting things happening in Colombia. Court says no to US bases Magda Hassan 11 9,200 03-11-2010, 10:26 AM
  3 Turkish senior military officers held on suspicion for coup plans in Greece. Magda Hassan 9 8,494 29-03-2010, 04:20 PM