Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening in Greece right now

Foreign riot police may now be operating in Greece.

By Golem XIV on October 14, 2011 in latest
Did you know that the EU has its own riot police that can operate in any European country but is answerable directly to none of them? No I didn't either.
They are called the European Gendarmerie Force (Eurogendfor) . They are based in Italy but funded and staffed by six signatory nations who are France, Italy, Holland, Spain, Portugal and Romania. However, according to the Treaty which established Eurogendfor they can operate in any EU country and are available to others who invite them to do so. The country which invites them in is refered to as the Host'.
The Gendarmerie are specifically set up to deal with riots and civil unrest and as the treaty spells out they are to be
…exclusively comprising elements of police forces with military status
Here is a picture of the force. How many police forces or even riot police do you know who drill with bayonet?
[Image: gendar11.jpg]
The force is 3000 strong based in Italy composed of two rapid deployment brigades. Since Greece is not a member of Eurogendfor few if any of its troops/officers(?) will speak Greek. Yet they may now be operating in Greece. I have checked with friends in Athens and they tell me it is true.
I have also contacted or tried to contact Eurogendfor directly to double check the facts. However the email contact on their web site does not work. You can fill out the form but for the last 4 and a half hours when I press send I get this reply,
"Server is unable to send your request.Please try later".
Should you phone the HQ directly, you will find an automated system. There is a Press Office option but it cycles you back to the main Welcome" menu as does EVERY single other option as well. This has been how it is all day.
Thus is isn't how it is over lunch this is just how it has been set up. In other words there is the facade of contact but the operational reality is "Piss Off you commoner!"
What does it say if it turns out ot be true that the Greek government has invited' a quasi military riot police made of personel from other nations to operate in Greece against its own citizens. Greek police not enough? Greek military not willing to crack heads? Got to get some foreigners to do it for you?
What exactly is the difference between Eurogendfor and any other mercenary force? The Greek government could invite' any private army in. No matter how you view the status of Eurogendfor, the reality is the Greek people did not vote in favour of joining it and certainly were not asked if they wanted foreign quasi military forces to be able to operate in Greece. If this story turns out to be true then it iouwld mean that the greek government that like all governments through history that have lost all legitimacy with its own people, eventually seek military support from outside forces with which to supress its own people. Once you view it like that the word tyranny eventually enters in. And that word has extremely serious consequences.
Let's take a step back from this. The cuts in Greece are tied up intimately with bailing out French and German banks as well as the Greek owners of Greek banks. The Greek people have been demonstrating against the bail out for months. The Greek government has ignored its people and chosen to do the bidding of the EU elite, the IMF, the ECB and most of all the banks globally.
Now it is alleged that a non-Greek militarized riot force may have arrived to enforce austerity. Whose bidding would they really be doing? Whose interests would they be serving? Could it be the banks? Have the financial class now got their own riot police who they can ship to wherever the locals try to defy them and where the local police cannot be trusted' to serve the supra-national interests of the banks?
Of course this is not how Eurogendfor is set up. I know that. But is this how it actually works nevertheless?
I will continue to try to talk to anyone at all at Eurogendfor and let you know if they ever condescend to even accept an email or answer the phone. Don't hold your breath. Who am I after all? Just a citizen and what does that count for these days?
Citizen? In the new order you're either a bond holder or you're a nobody.
http://www.golemxiv.co.uk/2011/10/foreig...-in-greece
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Messages In This Thread
What's happening in Greece right now - by Magda Hassan - 17-10-2011, 02:59 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Syrian partition happening now Lauren Johnson 1 42,110 09-05-2017, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Joseph Lucas
  Are the "Generals" About to Return to Greece? David Guyatt 0 3,971 23-05-2016, 09:59 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Greece, Israel Agree on military cooperation Ed Jewett 1 3,985 06-09-2011, 01:39 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Interesting things happening in Colombia. Court says no to US bases Magda Hassan 11 9,358 03-11-2010, 10:26 AM
  3 Turkish senior military officers held on suspicion for coup plans in Greece. Magda Hassan 9 8,591 29-03-2010, 04:20 PM