Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Family Of Secrets :The Bush Family Dynasty by Russ Baker
Linda Minor Wrote:
Dawn Meredith Wrote:This excerpt started out very promising but then went into too much detail about the Nat'l Guard episode. I wanted more REAL "family secrets". Let us know if the book is realy worth getting. We all know the CIA set up Tricky Dick, that is ancient history.

And he paints Nixon as such a victim, or at least in the excerpt.
Nixon was exactly the "crook" he professed not to be, and the CIA took him down. So let's not turn Dicky into some hero.

On the bright side, it sounds like this is a MSN guy and that he is getting into the truth about Watergate, and the Bush crime family is a very good thing. Potentially, depends how far he takes it. Soft peddle or the hard facts.
Dawn

Russ Baker contacted me two years or more into his research after seeing some of my research online. I was very impressed with how deeply he had been digging into the Bush story, part of which he shared with me at the time. He had already been to Texas interviewing many people who had known members of the the Bush family. I believe he started out to write just about Dubya and planned to publish at least a year before the book came out but changed the plan in order to dig deeper into the intelligence connections of the entire family. I only received my copy of the book on the 23rd and have not yet completed reading it. I finished the second Watergate chapter last night and was really blown away about new ideas he arrived at about John Dean and someone I had never heard of called:
Quote:Richard A. Moore, a lawyer who served as a kind of elder statesman off of whom Nixon and Mitchell could bounce ideas, was, like Poppy, an alumnus of Andover, Yale, and Skull and Bones. Moore served as special assistant to the chief of military intelligence during World War II and is believed to have transitioned to civilian intelligence after the war. Over the years, Moore was practically a member of the extended Bush clan, exchanging intimate notes with Poppy and even joining family dinners....Dean would later write that the term "cancer" as used in his famous "cancer on the presidency" briefing had been suggested by Moore--who though a close Nixon adviser in these sensitive days, managed to emerge from Watergate obscure and unscathed. His Watergate testimony did not support Dean, but he tended to be ambiguous. As Time magazine noted on July 23, 1973, "The Moore testimony was certainly not evidence that the President had had prior knowledge of the Plumbers' felonious break-in. But it seemingly betrayed a curious nonchalance on the President's part toward questionable activities by White House staffers."...Later...Moore urged For to make Poppy Bush his vice president, arguing that Bush had strong economic credentials. Moore specifically cited Poppy's ties to Wall Street through his father and grandfather, "both highly respected investment bankers in New York." Moore would go on to work on all of Poppy Bush's presidential campaigns, including his unsuccessful 1980 bid, and would in 1989 be named by Poppy as his ambassador to Ireland.

By the way, call me stupid but what is MSN? Confused
Linda

Linda:
Sorry I did not see this before now. "MSN" is just short for "mainstream news". The folkes who generally read us lies over the tele/radio or in print.
So when I see one come to the side of truth it's a very good day. This book looks VERY good. (Now all I need is time and then add it to the list of the the other 3 books I am reading). Ah...to be retired...Smile

Dawn

Messages In This Thread
Family Of Secrets :The Bush Family Dynasty by Russ Baker - by Dawn Meredith - 12-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Family Of Secrets :The Bush Family Dynasty by Russ Baker - by Myra Bronstein - 14-01-2009, 04:01 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Rockefeller File (not new): Book divulges 'shocking' and 'frightening' secrets about the Rockefe Drew Phipps 0 3,637 18-09-2016, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  Compromised: Clinton, Bush and the CIA Lauren Johnson 9 12,611 03-05-2014, 08:09 PM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith
  John Prados' THE FAMILY JEWELS - The CIA, Secrecy and Presidential Power Anthony Thorne 2 4,579 19-08-2013, 04:13 PM
Last Post: Jim Hackett II
  SECRETS, SPIES AND 7/7 by Tom Secker Anthony Thorne 4 3,987 08-07-2013, 06:40 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Me and Lee Judyth Baker Dawn Meredith 6 5,549 24-10-2011, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Linda Minor
  Book; Cheny and Bush; ; Differ on 911. Iraq Bernice Moore 0 2,816 01-09-2011, 05:27 AM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  FTR #730 Interview with Russ Baker Ed Jewett 4 8,790 18-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  Russ Baker and Jim DiEugenio: most curious Dawn Meredith 39 17,441 04-11-2010, 08:19 AM
  Bush the lesser's Memoirs Magda Hassan 1 3,201 27-04-2010, 06:21 AM
  Anyone read this book on Clinton/Bush/CIA? Peter Lemkin 15 11,061 26-10-2009, 09:46 AM
Last Post: Phil Dragoo