Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Mediterranean Battlefield - Syria
Charles Drago Wrote:
Peter Lemkin Wrote:
Charles Drago Wrote:
Carsten Wiethoff Wrote:No Charles, don't worry. You will never have the nuclear option.

Although I've been in my share of clouds because of mushrooms ...

Charles, you 'devil', you.....speaking of shroooms......I was a friend of T. McKenna and had convinced him of the importance of the JFK Assassination and related [which just before he contracted brain cancer and died of it had incoporated into his monologues.] To any cognoscenti out there.....mushrooms are a doorway to the 'answer'.......

I began reading McKenna a bit more than a year ago, and I deeply appreciate his work. I recall a previous post in which you noted that he was well versed in JFK assassination studies. Care to tell us a bit more?

To say that Terrence was bright - or even brilliant doesn't even come close.... While in his early years he didn't blend in parapolitics or deep politics into his talks, he was WELL aware of all 'that' and kept up on it....on that level I could teach him only details - he already understood the broader picture. I first met him when I lived in San Diego and he came to do a talk there. He lived in Hawaii. Later, after I was attacked for my JFK work and had to [chose to] flee to Europe, I invited him to do a two week seminar and lecture series in Prague. He accepted. But back in San Diego we had a few conversations one on one. He asked me what I did - and I said I was a trained Environmental Biologist and Toxicologist who had somehow gotten sidelined in my alternate interest - that being Deep Political things and the JFK Assassination in particular. I thought it might alienate him...but no....he was up on it and long a believer that 11/22/63 was a turning point in our history and trust in authority. After those talks we had he did incorporate into his lectures and musings more political stuff. Sadly, he didn't live much longer. He was of the mind that one couldn't understand self nor the universe one found oneself in unless and until one was willing to face boldly political [as well as experiential] reality v. political lies [as well as experiential deception/self-deception]. Few of his talks incorporating deep political aspects are extant, but I can attest he did speak on them!.....Terrence was a brilliant person; a dynamic and enlightening guide into the mysteries of the universe and existence...and fully apprised of the concrete political and social situations we were embedded in. I put some links to some websites about his thoughts and work on this Forum long ago.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
A Mediterranean Battlefield - Syria - by Peter Lemkin - 10-10-2012, 06:18 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Syria: The New Suez Attack by France, UK and Israel also Fails David Guyatt 1 10,669 25-09-2018, 12:25 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Syria: The Never Ending Neocon Story David Guyatt 10 57,152 11-09-2018, 09:53 AM
  Trump Does 180 Shift On Syria: Regime Change Back On The Table Lauren Johnson 4 9,623 08-09-2018, 11:07 AM
  Breaking: Us invades syria from jordan Lauren Johnson 6 37,107 04-04-2018, 08:36 AM
  Syria Interruptus: When the Worked For Climax Goes Horribly Wrong David Guyatt 0 8,520 28-01-2017, 02:00 PM
  Syria's Phoenix Assassination Programme to be Ruthlessly Terminated? David Guyatt 1 5,894 15-11-2016, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  Obama's Last Stand Against War on Syria David Guyatt 0 6,102 05-11-2016, 10:29 AM
  Consequences: The US Failed Gamble of Regime Change in Syria & Ukraine? David Guyatt 0 3,728 19-10-2016, 10:39 AM
  Syria - Israel, The Elephant in the Room? David Guyatt 0 5,043 05-10-2016, 11:15 AM
  RFK Jr.: A quick course on US policy in Syria Richard Coleman 1 5,020 28-09-2016, 06:08 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin