Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Mediterranean Battlefield - Syria
Yes, you are right. I tried to respond to this the other night but I was working on a painfully slow computer and I lost my reply in limbo some where.

So I found a guy called Syrian Commando who I trust a whole lot more than the Daily Mail. He said it was a fake email but the rest of the leak is genuine. Which of course leads to a whole other lever of 'Why would they do that and who benefits?" I also spoke with some trusted local Syrians and their friends who agree with Syrian Commando's take on it. Plus one of our lovely members mentioned it in a post in this thread earlier but I was unable to follow it up at the time and since forgot about it.
[URL="http://syriancommando.wordpress.com/2013/01/29/britam-trap/"]http://syriancommando.wordpress.com/2013/01/29/britam-trap/
[/URL]http://syriancommando.wordpress.com/2013...confirmed/

David Guyatt Wrote:
Magda Hassan Wrote:
Phil

We've got a new offer. It's about Syria again. Qataris propose an attractive deal and swear that the idea is approved by Washington.
We'll have to deliver a CW to Homs, a Soviet origin g-shell from Libya similar to those that Assad should have.
They want us to deploy our Ukrainian personnel that should speak Russian and make a video record.
Frankly, I don't think it's a good idea but the sums proposed are enormous. Your opinion?

Kind regards

David

Blimey, that's a wee bit embarrassing for Britam.

I note that the Daily Mail says this about the email.

Quote:Britam Defence, David Goulding and Philip Doughty

PUBLISHED: 18:59, 18 April 2013 | UPDATED: 18:59, 18 April 2013

An article on 29 January reported allegations on the internet that the US Government had backed a plot to launch a chemicals weapons attack in Syria and blame it on the Assad regime.
The reports made reference to an email said to have been from David Goulding, the Business Development Director of Britam Defence, to company founder, Philip Doughty. The email had been published on the internet after Britam's computer system was illegally hacked in Singapore. It referred to a proposal that Britam would deliver chemical weapons to Syria for enormous financial reward and suggested that the directors were willing to consider the illegal proposal.
We now accept that email was fabricated and acknowledge there is no truth in any suggestion that Britam or its directors were willing to consider taking part in such a plot, which may have led to an atrocity.
We apologise to each of them and have agreed to pay substantial damages.

Not that this retraction can necessarily trusted to be be the full and complete truth, when we consider the current way the press operate, as well as the massive significance of Uncle's plans about The Taking of Syria 123.

I did try to find the original leaked text file on the linked website but failed. This is just as likely to my myopia, rather than it not being there, though.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Messages In This Thread
A Mediterranean Battlefield - Syria - by Magda Hassan - 20-06-2013, 01:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Syria: The New Suez Attack by France, UK and Israel also Fails David Guyatt 1 10,667 25-09-2018, 12:25 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Syria: The Never Ending Neocon Story David Guyatt 10 57,149 11-09-2018, 09:53 AM
  Trump Does 180 Shift On Syria: Regime Change Back On The Table Lauren Johnson 4 9,614 08-09-2018, 11:07 AM
  Breaking: Us invades syria from jordan Lauren Johnson 6 37,094 04-04-2018, 08:36 AM
  Syria Interruptus: When the Worked For Climax Goes Horribly Wrong David Guyatt 0 8,520 28-01-2017, 02:00 PM
  Syria's Phoenix Assassination Programme to be Ruthlessly Terminated? David Guyatt 1 5,892 15-11-2016, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  Obama's Last Stand Against War on Syria David Guyatt 0 6,102 05-11-2016, 10:29 AM
  Consequences: The US Failed Gamble of Regime Change in Syria & Ukraine? David Guyatt 0 3,728 19-10-2016, 10:39 AM
  Syria - Israel, The Elephant in the Room? David Guyatt 0 5,041 05-10-2016, 11:15 AM
  RFK Jr.: A quick course on US policy in Syria Richard Coleman 1 5,020 28-09-2016, 06:08 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin