Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of Fables, Foibles, and Deception
Charles, I think that's my point in a nutshell. Human nature isn't going to change anytime soon, and the corrupt will always find a way to get their way.

I think a few words from Machiavelli are in order here:

"One who deceives will always find those who allow themselves to be deceived."

"For it may said of men in general that they are ungrateful, fickle, voluble dissemblers, anxious to avoid danger, and covetous of gain"

"Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by the sense of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion."

"Men never do good unless necessity drives them to it; but when they are free to choose and can do just as they please, confusion and disorder become rampant."
"Logic is all there is, and all there is must be logical."

"Truth is logic, and logic is truth."

"In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely." - Hunter S. Thompson

"A paranoid is someone who knows a little of what's going on. A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on." - William S. Burroughs

Messages In This Thread
Of Fables, Foibles, and Deception - by Bill Kelly - 17-08-2011, 03:13 AM
Of Fables, Foibles, and Deception - by Bill Kelly - 17-08-2011, 03:38 AM
Of Fables, Foibles, and Deception - by James Lewis - 17-08-2011, 04:14 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anthrax Deception - by Graeme MacQueen - New Book on the Anthrax 'attacks'. Peter Lemkin 20 50,448 01-08-2019, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith
  Methodical Deception - 911 Very Interesting Inside The Airline Persective Peter Lemkin 90 53,425 30-12-2015, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith
  David Ray Griffin's new book on the OBL deception Paul Rigby 2 5,556 25-05-2009, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Peter Presland