Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
“I’m pretty sure that someone out there wants the finance system to crack.”
“I’m pretty sure that someone out there wants the finance system to crack.”
Carefully note the opening paragraph of Mark Mitchell’s latest post on his Deep Capture blog. I, too, think this entire financial crisis has been planned and carried out with cold, calculating precision.
But read on:

Quote:And the Beat Goes On…. (Jim Cramer, Joe Nocera, & Doug Kass)

March 1st, 2009 by Patrick Byrne

I’m pretty sure that someone out there wants the finance system to crack.
Not that anyone’s wrong to suspect it might crack: I’m the last guy on the planet that can be accused of being Dr. Pangloss. Not that they are wrong to decry the regulatory and political oversight of our finance system in general and the shenanigans of Wall Street in particular: the name of this blog is, after all, “DeepCapture.com”.

But for four years I’ve been eagerly flushing the handle while watching these guys circle the bowl. In that time I’ve developed a sense of how they move. I’m pretty sure now that their orders are, quite simply, to crack the system.
We have Joe Nocera’s Sunday New York Times piece, “Propping Up a House of Cards“, that basically says AIG has the financial world by the throat and that as they die they’ll take the rest of the world with them. Maybe so. But one would think Nocera would be able to draw on better sources than Donn Vickrey. From what is publicly known about Donn Vickrey, from what has been publicly alleged (in these three affidavits) then publicly admitted, Nocera’s continued use of him as a source (and the New York Times‘ tolerance thereof) is a disgrace. That Nocera quotes shamelessly from him signals that the gang is back in town.

Read more HERE

Edit = please note that the above piece is by Patrick Byrne and not Mark Mitchell. My error. The Deep Capture blog is not "Mark Mitchell's" but Patrick Byrne's, although Mitchell posts pieces there regularly. Again my error. It's a whoopsie-daisy day for me today, it seems. Serves me right for taking a few days off.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14

Messages In This Thread
“I’m pretty sure that someone out there wants the finance system to crack.” - by David Guyatt - 04-03-2009, 02:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Starikov: Banksters Began the Dismantling of the Global Financial System Paul Rigby 2 5,859 22-08-2016, 09:38 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  Western Banks, Terrorism and Isis: The Nihilism of Dark Finance Fuelling Global Insecurity Magda Hassan 0 3,211 19-11-2014, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  French Finance Minister calls for getting rid of dollar for global payments David Guyatt 1 2,817 08-07-2014, 08:12 AM
  Barclays now investigated over its "Dark Pool" trading system David Guyatt 1 2,934 26-06-2014, 11:38 AM
  The Five Pillars Of Open Source Finance Magda Hassan 0 2,701 02-02-2014, 11:42 AM
  Louis T. McFadden, Banker, Congressman, Patriot, Opponent of Federal Reserve System Adele Edisen 2 4,078 02-03-2013, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Ellen Brown: Establishing a Democratic Public Postal Banking System in America Adele Edisen 2 3,638 17-08-2012, 06:57 AM
Last Post: Adele Edisen
  Black Dossier: HSBC & Terrorist Finance Ed Jewett 0 2,639 29-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  The (sizable) Role of Rehypothecation in the Shadow Banking System - IMF working paper Magda Hassan 0 2,278 23-03-2012, 02:09 AM
  Iran’s banks to be blocked from global banking system on saturday Ed Jewett 0 1,685 16-03-2012, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett