PDA

View Full Version : Germany/Switzerland-Death of Rainer Barschel 1987 in Geneva

Carsten Wiethoff
08-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Hello Forum,

this is my first post, so bear with me.

Recently I got interested (again) in the strange death of Rainer Barschel in Geneva in the night from 10 to 11 October 1987 in Room 317 of the Hotel Beau-Rivage in Geneva/Switzerland. Rainer Barschel had been the "Ministerpräsident" (Governor?) of Schleswig-Holstein, until he stepped down on 2. October 1987 because of allegations brought against him, into which I do not want to dive now.
What I find much more interesting is the connection to deep political events surrounding secret weapons deals by Israel on behalf of the US, supplying arms to Iran. Of course, as you know, the US was at that time also supporting the Iraq in the ongoing war against Iran. Anybody shouting Iran-Contra yet? Right.
Officially this was a suicide :shot:, by taking a highly complex mix of medicaments and then stepping into a cold bathtub in full clothes.
In the official documentation of the case (in German) http://www.schleswig-holstein.de/GSTA/DE/Informationsmaterial/Dokumentation/dokumentation__barschel,templateId=raw,property=pu blicationFile.pdf
there is a citation from an unsigned affidavit by a south african weapons dealer called Dirk Stoffberg, who could not complete and sign this affidavit because he (guess what...) officially killed himself :shot: and his wife on 20. July 1994 in Hartebeespoort, northwest of Johannesburg.
In this affidavit he claims that Mr Robert Gates (yes, this one) personally called Barschel to Geneva, that there was a meeting between CIA, Irani and Israeli officials. Robert Gates was in Geneva, flying with three agents in the same Lufthansa plane as Barschel from Frankfurt to Geneva, when Barschel was on his way to Gran Canaria on 6. October 1987. Barschel had threatened to go public with some of these secret weapons deals and that a CIA hit-man called Thomas Sunde “did his job”. Also mentioned (blacked out, but easily deduced) is Reiner Jacobi, a german investigator currently living in Australia, who has tracked some of Marcos’ millions (or was it bullions?) to certain bank accounts in Switzerland . This Jacobi is also known for his 10 year long fight (with his attorney David A. Chaikin) against his extradition, for an indictment based on the word of (guess who…) Thomas Sunde. And to make it complete, all three of them (Stoffberg, Sunde, Jacobi) are claimed to have worked for Adler Research, Boston, a mysterious CIA front company claimed to be charged with killing people:shot:, out of Hong Kong.
To give you an idea of other things I read about Stoffberg:
He had been incarcarated in the US in 1992 (United States v. Stoffberg, 782 F.Supp. 17, 19 (E.D.N.Y.1992)) for dealing of 1000 pistols to a US customs official posing as Chilean customer, then he assisted the congressional committee that investigated the October Surprise, and was set free for that.
Some people claim Stoffberg was murdered for his involvement in dealing with red mercury, a substance claimed to enable mini-nukes. Some people claim red mercury was a CIA sting operation.
Okay, and I am of course also aware of the story that Victor Ostrovski tells, that a mossad hit team did the dirty work on Barschel. (This does not exclude, of course, that Thomas Sunde did his job, whatever this may have been.)
So at this point I am seriously confused and I ask the forum, who can possibly connect some dots for me or who can support (or destroy) some of this “tangled yarn”.
By the way, does anybody know the CIA cover name "Rabbi"? I think that a high ranking Mossad officer was called "Rabbi", any more details?

Thanks for your attention and assistance.

Jan Klimkowski
08-12-2009, 08:51 PM
Carsten - welcome!

I cannot directly answer your questions.

However, Robert Gates has always been a bag-carrier for the elite, and quite possibly an operational player.

Former senior CIA analyst, Ray McGovern, knows Gates as well as anybody, having worked with him boy and man, at Langley and the White House. McGovern made his views on Gates clear on the latter's return to visible power.

Published on Saturday, November 11, 2006 by CommonDreams.org
Robert Gates-Gate
by Ray McGovern

Full disclosure: I am in Defense Secretary Rumsfeld’s debt for TV notoriety on May 4, when my impromptu questioning of him elicited denials easily shown to be false. I have known Robert Gates, whom the president has picked to succeed Rumsfeld, for 36 years, starting when Gates was a journeyman analyst in CIA’s Soviet Foreign Policy branch which I headed.

As the occupation of Iraq chews up a more and more of our troops, President George W. Bush has jettisoned “stay the course” in favor of “necessary adjustments.” This week he showed how quickly he can adjust to the mid-term election results when he jettisoned Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, barely a week after telling reporters Rumsfeld was doing a “fantastic job” and that he wanted him to stay on for the next two years.

It had been clear for weeks that the election would be a referendum on the war in Iraq and that Republican losses would be substantial. And Rumsfeld and Bush saw a mutual need to avoid the acute political embarrassment that would inevitably attend Rumsfeld’s grilling by congressional committees chaired by Democrats. Besides, who better to try to blame for the “long, hard slog” in Iraq than the fellow who not only coined the expression but made it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Rumsfeld may even have been willing to acquiesce reluctantly in serving as scapegoat for the Iraq fiasco. He would have seen merit not only in avoiding another acrimonious tangle with Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), but also in helping Bush project an image of flexibility and decisiveness in the face of the post-election sea change in Congress. And one cannot rule out possible pangs of conscience for the horrific human cost resulting from his supreme arrogance and his susceptibility to the illusory strategic dreams of “the crazies”—the so-called “neo-conservatives” whom President George W. Bush brought back to Washington.

Neo-Conservatives Eat Their Own

Former allies are the most prominent among the legions now denouncing Rumsfeld. The abandonment is enough to pin down even an old wrestler like Rumsfeld. Perhaps the most unkindest cut of all came from longstanding supporter “Cakewalk-Ken” Adelman who, like other neo-conservatives, have turned mercilessly on their old, now discredited friend and colleague. In an interview for David Rose’s “Neo Culpa” in Vanity Fair, Adelman comes across as feeling jilted.

“We’re losing in Iraq... I’ve worked with [Rumsfeld] three times in my life. I’ve been to each of his houses in Chicago, Taos, Santa Fe, Santo Domingo, and Las Vegas. I’m very, very fond of him, but I’m crushed by his performance. Did he change, or were we wrong in the past? Or is it that he was never really challenged before? I don’t know. He certainly fooled me.”

As the saying goes, with friends like that, who needs Hillary?...or the kind of pummeling Rumsfeld has already received from the likes of the Army-Navy-Air Force-Marine Corps Times?

I almost feel sorry for Donald Rumsfeld. And I’m not just saying that because, with the “Military Commissions Act” now signed into law, he can declare me—or anyone—an unlawful enemy combatant, “disappear” me into some black hole, and have me tortured for the rest of my days. Rather, it is a conspicuous case of betrayal by fair-weather friends—and chutzpah-laden disingenuousness. Et tu, Cakewalk-Ken! The neo-conservatives are attempting to push the blame onto Rumsfeld for the debacle of which they were the intellectual authors. Parallel attempts by administration officials to scapegoat Rumsfeld will be equally transparent and unconvincing.

The “Cheney-Rumsfeld cabal” (coined by Col. Larry Wilkerson who, as chief of staff to former Secretary of State Colin Powell, was in a position to know) is now down to one. And how much clout the vice president has lost with the election results and departure of his bosom buddy is perhaps the largest unanswered question. But if Cheney remains éminence grise and if past is precedent, Gates will defer to Cheney—probably even more than the president does. For if there is one distinctive hallmark of Eagle Scout Gates’ career, it is that he has always earned what might now be called the “Colin Powell Loyalty Patch”—loyalty to the next person up, whatever the content of their character.

A Fresh Approach?

Gates will help bring, in the president’s words, “a fresh perspective and new ideas on how America can achieve our goals in Iraq.” How could he not? But there are distinct limits to what he can contribute, and he has never been one to adopt positions independent of what the boss thinks or says. Most important, as noted this week by Rep. Tom Lantos (D-CA), prospective chair of the House International Affairs Committee, “You can’t unscramble the omelet and the tremendous mistakes that were made after major military operations; I don’t see any magical solutions.”

It seems only fair at the outset to give Gates the benefit of the doubt. He could conceivably whittle away some of the influence Cheney has enjoyed over the past six years—the need for a fresh approach to Iraq being so obvious and urgent. At very least, Gates can hardly match the disaster Rumsfeld wrought with his fancy language and fanciful ideas; but this amounts to damning with faint praise. Unless Gates’ years outside the Beltway have wrought major behavioral change, it is highly likely that in the end he will bend obediently to the wishes of Cheney and Bush. Those close to Gates now say he has been privately critical of the way the war has been conducted. But he is the consummate chameleon, with an extraordinary capability to change colors quickly in adapting to a new environment.

Clearly the beneficiary of the compared-to-what syndrome, Gates has been getting unduly positive press treatment since the announcement of his nomination. It is one thing to give him the benefit of the doubt; it is quite another to ignore the considerable baggage he brings with him from past service.

Character Counts; So Does Integrity

Those of us who had front-row seat to watch Gates’ handling of substantive intelligence cannot overlook the manner in which he cooked it to the recipe of whomever he reported to. A protégé of William Casey, President Ronald Reagan’s CIA Director, Gates learned well from his mentor. In 1995, Gates told the Washington Post’s Walter Pincus that he watched Casey on “issue after issue sit in meetings and present intelligence framed in terms of the policy he wanted pursued.” Gates followed suit, cooking the analysis to justify policies favored by Casey and the White House.

The cooking was consequential. Among other things, it facilitated not only illegal capers like Iran-Contra but also budget-breaking military spending against an exaggerated Soviet threat that, in reality, had long since passed its peak.

I was amused to read in David Ignatius’ Washington Post column this week that Gates “was the brightest Soviet analyst in the [CIA] shop, so Casey soon appointed him deputy director overseeing his fellow analysts.” He wasn’t; and Casey had something other than expertise in mind. Talk to anyone who was there at the time (except the sycophants Gates co-opted) and they will explain that Gates’ meteoric career had mostly to do with his uncanny ability to see a Russian under every rock turned over by Casey. Those of Gates’ subordinates willing to see two Russians became branch chiefs; three won you a division. I exaggerate only a little.

To Casey, the Communists could never change; and Gorbachev was simply cleverer than his predecessors. With his earlier training in our Soviet Foreign Policy branch (and a doctorate in Soviet affairs no less), Gates knew better. Yet he carried Casey’s water, and stifled all dissent. One consequence was that the CIA as an institution missed the implosion of the Soviet Union—no small matter. Another was a complete loss of confidence in CIA analysis on the part of then-Secretary of State George Shultz and others who smelled the cooking. In July 1987 in the wake of the Iran-Contra affair, Shultz told Congress: “I had come to have grave doubts about the objectivity and reliability of some of the intelligence I was getting.”

Iran-Contra

And well he might. In the fall of 1985, for example, there was an abrupt departure from CIA’s analytical line that Iran was supporting terrorism. On November 22, 1985 the agency reported that Iranian-sponsored terrorism had dropped off substantially in 1985, but no evidence was adduced to support that key judgment. Oddly, a few months later CIA’s analysis reverted back to the pre-November 1985 line, with no further mention of any drop-off in Iranian support for terrorism.

It could be more than coincidental that the US illegally shipped Hawk missiles to Iran in late November 1985. When questions were raised later about this zigzag in intelligence, Stephen Engelberg of the New York Times quoted senior CIA official Clair George saying this was “an example of a desperate attempt to try to sort of prove something was happening to make the policy [arms to Iran for hostages] look good, and it wasn’t.”

Also in 1985 Gates commissioned and warped a National Intelligence Estimate suggesting that Soviet influence in Iran could soon grow and pose a danger to US interests. This provided additional “justification” for the illegal arms-for-hostages deal with Iran.

More serious still was Gates’ denial of awareness of Oliver North’s illegal activities in support of the Contra attacks in Nicaragua, despite the fact that senior CIA officials testified that they had informed Gates that North had diverted funds from the Iranian arms sales for the benefit of the Contras. The independent counsel for the Iran-Contra investigation (1986-93), Lawrence Walsh, later wrote in frustration that, despite Gates’ highly touted memory, he “denied recollection of facts thirty-three times.”

In 1991, when President George H. W. Bush nominated Robert Gates for the post of Director of Central Intelligence, there was a virtual insurrection among CIA analysts who had suffered under his penchant for cooking intelligence. The stakes for integrity of analysis were so high that many still employed at the agency summoned the courage to testify against the nomination. But the fix was in, thanks to then-chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee, David Boren and his staff director, George Tenet. The issue was considered so important and the damaging evidence so abundant, however, that thirty-one Senators voted against Gates when the committee forwarded his nomination. Never before or since has a CIA director nominee received nearly as many nays.

A highly respected former CIA station chief, Tom Polgar, offered the following at the 1991 Gates nomination hearings:

“His proposed appointment as director also raises moral issues. What kind of signal does his re-nomination send to the troops? Live long enough, your sins will be forgotten? Serve faithfully the boss of the moment, never mind integrity? Feel free to mislead the Senate—Senators forget easily? Keep your mouth shut—if the Special Counsel does not get you, promotion will come your way?”

“Fixing” Intelligence Can Be Career Enhancing

Gates is the one most responsible for institutionalizing the politicization of intelligence analysis. He set the example and promoted malleable managers more interested in career advancement than the ethos of speaking truth to power. In 2002, it was those managers who then-CIA Director George Tenet ordered to prepare what has become known as the “Whore of Babylon”—the October 1 National Intelligence Misestimate on weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. He instructed them to adhere to the guidelines set by Vice President Dick Cheney in his Aug. 26, 2002 preemptive speech and to complete it in three weeks (in order to force a congressional vote before the mid-term election). To their discredit, senior sycophants saluted and produced the most fraudulent—and consequential—NIE in the history of American intelligence.

Those commenting on the Gates nomination so far seem largely unaware of this history. The exception is Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ), who worked in the State Department’s intelligence bureau and now sits on the House Intelligence Committee. Pointing out Gates’ reputation for putting pressure on analysts to shape their conclusions to fit administration policies, Holt called the nomination “deeply troubling” and stressed that the confirmation hearings “should be thorough and probing.” Too bad Holt is not in the Senate.

Confirming Gates Must Not Be a Slam Dunk

There are early indications that Sen. Carl Levin (D-MI), ranking Democrat on the Armed Forces Committee, intends to acquiesce in the maneuvering of the White House’s cat’s paw chairman of that committee, Sen. John Warner (R, VA), to rush the nomination through the lame-duck Senate before a new Congress is in place. At times in the past Levin has shown considerable courage, but so many years in the minority seem to have dulled his edge, prompting him to acquiesce in compromises to which he would have been allergic in the past—the unsavory deal with Sen. Lindsay Graham (R-SC) on the rights of “detainees,” for example. Not to mention Levin’s sudden cave-in, in the aftermath of 9/11, on funding for the National Missile Defense program, which he earlier recognized as obscenely expensive, of unproven reliability, and of dubious utility given the changing nature of the threats to our security.

Whether Levin steps up to the plate on Gates will be an early indication of whether the election has implanted any spine into Democrats—whether they still have it in them to act like winners. Levin has had a running dispute with the Bush administration regarding what he calls a lack of candor (the correct word is “lies”) in sworn testimony on Iraq. If he allows the Gates nomination to sail through without a thorough investigation of Gates’ record, he will be giving a nihil obstat to the practice of no-fault dissembling before Congress.

In 1991, Levin joined 30 other Senators in voting against Gates’ confirmation as CIA director because Gates was a good deal less than candid about his role in Iran-Contra and unconvincing in his denials that he had politicized intelligence. But Levin said this week that he wanted to give Gates a “fair and fresh look; a lot of time has passed.”

Fair enough. If Levin wants to know what has happened in the interim, he can start with the fresh, documentary evidence adduced in award-winning investigative reporter Robert Parry’s recent article, “The Secret World of Robert Gates” [http://www.consortiumnews.com/2006/110906.html]. Parry’s article contains unique and highly damaging information on Gates’ role in the original “October Surprise”—the successful Republican effort to prevent the release of the 52 American hostages imprisoned for 14 months in the US embassy in Tehran until Ronald Reagan had won the election in 1980—and on Gates’ involvement in the illegal sale of weapons, including cluster bombs to Iraq in the early eighties.

Another excellent source of updated information on Gates’ involvement in the secret arming of Saddam Hussein (yes, the same Saddam) and the Iran-Contra scandal is the transcript of an interview of Robert Parry and former CIA analyst Mel Goodman on Democracy Now, November 9th. [http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=06/11/09/1444242

Gates knew about many of Oliver North’s illegal activities, but under oath, he just couldn’t remember. And Gates has been able to escape close scrutiny of his own involvement in extralegal and illegal activities largely because there are far too few journalists with the enterprise and courage of Robert Parry. While all the above-mentioned escapades are significantly damaging, the corruption of intelligence should be placed front and center, given the huge role this played in 2002 in deceiving Congress in to voting for an unnecessary war.

Whether or not Levin is fully aware of it, Gates is the archetypal intelligence fixer, employing all the tricks of that dishonorable trade—including memory loss, when caught. I find myself wondering if Levin still has it in him to stand up and say, “Never Again.” Even before he formally becomes chair of Armed Services, Levin has the power to require a serious vetting of Gates’ past behavior and to make “Never Again” stick.

At a hearing on his first (abortive) nomination to be CIA director in 1987, Gates denied that he had tailored intelligence to please his superiors, adding, “Sycophants can only rise to a certain level.” Whether that was an unintentionally prophetic observation or not now depends largely on Carl Levin and his newly empowered, but apparently not yet emboldened, fellow Democrats.

Ray McGovern works with Tell the Word, the publishing arm of the ecumenical Church of the Saviour in Washington, DC. He was a CIA analyst from 1963 to 1990, and in 2003 co-founded Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity (VIPS).

CommonDreams.org is an Internet-based progressive news and grassroots activism organization, founded in 1997.
We are a nonprofit, progressive, independent and nonpartisan organization.

Home | About Us | Donate | Signup | Archives | Search

To inform. To inspire. To ignite change for the common good.

© Copyrighted 1997-2009

http://www.commondreams.org/views06/1111-22.htm

Carsten Wiethoff
08-13-2009, 09:18 PM
Thanks Jan, for these pointers regarding Robert Gates. I had not heard the allegations before, that Robert Gates attended the actual meetings in Paris, regarding October Surprise.
By the way, for several reasons I am not convinced that George H. W. Bush actually attended the meeting in Paris, there is just too much information floating around that looks bogus to me, especially the stuff regarding Gunther K. Russbacher and his “Blackbird” flight. By the way, I do not know who actually claimed that a SR-71 would have been used, this seems to me more than unlikely and not very practical at all, I doubt that this would even have saved any time, compared to an efficient private jet or the concorde, by the way. Russbacher himself allegedly uses the word “Blackbird” also for a modified Lear Jet, allegedly the former plane of William Casey.
For more of this “fringe” stuff you could read http://www.rumormillnews.com/HARRY_MARTIN_OCTOBER_SURPRISE.htm
Or http://www.whale.to/b/rm4.html and similar things.
But surely, actual bodily appearance in Paris is not the main issue of the October Surprise, the sabotage of Carter’s campaign by dealing with the Iranians is.
Anyway, for the interested, I quote an article in the NY times regarding Barschel and some CIA communication allegedly intercepted by the GDR Stasi.
[Begin Quote]
The cables apparently refer to Mr. Barschel as "Perch" -- in German it is "Barsch," for the fish -- but are otherwise quite cryptic.
"Jerry took Perch to temple, met with Lokal and Rabbi at 2130," said an excerpt from one cable, dated Oct. 9, 1987 and published this week by the daily Berliner Zeitung. "Perch unyielding, refuses coop."
Two years ago, the newspaper reported, an informant of German intelligence told prosecutors that Mr. Barschel had met in Geneva on that day with Ahmed Khomeini, a son of the late Iranian leader Ayatollah Khomeini, as well as with Israeli, German and other agents to talk about weapons deliveries.
Mr. Barschel refused to give in to Iranian demands, the informant said, and was then a marked man. He was found dead at the Beau Rivage Hotel in Geneva on Oct. 11.
[End Quote]
Full article here: http://www.nytimes.com/1995/01/01/world/german-politician-s-death-is-reinvestigated-as-possible-murder.html

So much for now. C.

Carsten Wiethoff
08-13-2009, 09:33 PM
Ah, yes, just for an interestin read the following text about Dirk Stoffberg, Reiner Jacobi and Thomas Sunde:
REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES

BLUE RIBBON COMMITTEE
SENATE OF THE PHILIPPINES
MANILA

SECOND ( 2ND ) AFFIDAVIT OF DAVID A CHAIKIN

I, Dr. David A. Chaikin, Australian citizen of legal age, and address at Frederick Jordan Chambers, 53 Martin Place, Sydney, NSW, Australia, after being duly sworn, do hereby state the following:

1. This affidavit is based upon my personal knowledge and review of documents as to the subject matter set forth within. This affidavit deals with the spurious and false allegations that have been made against Mr. Jacobi and shows how they have undermined his investigation into the secret Marcos accounts in Switzerland.

2. I am an expert in the law of extradition, international mutual assistance, anti-money laundering laws and international investigations. A copy of my curriculum vitae is attached to my affidavit (No 1) sworn at today's date.

3. Since 1994 I have been retained by Mr. Reiner Jacobi as his counsel and attorney in relation to various matters. I have acted for Mr. Jacobi as his barrister in the Australia extradition proceedings, namely U.S. v Reiner Jacobi in U.S. District Court federal docket number QG 82 of 1985.

FALSE ALLEGATIONS OF MR. R. JACOBI BEING A CON-MAN

4. In September 1994 I had a meeting with Mr. Peter Cosandey, the then District Attorney of Zurich, at an international conference at Jesus College Cambridge, England. At that meeting, Mr. Cosandey informed me that Reiner Jacobi was a con man who was involved in the selling of fake Marcos gold certificates. Mr. Cosandey did not provide me with any material to support his allegation.

5. Mr. Cosandey's allegation against Mr. Jacobi is similar in content to allegations made by the attorneys of the Marcos family, including Attorney Dean Antonio Coronel and Attorney James Linn. These allegations first surfaced in 1991 at a time when Mr. Jacobi was publicly revealed as having discovered secret Marcos bank accounts in Switzerland. They have been repeated in various fraud cases involving the Marcoses in an attempt to smear Mr. Jacobi. Attached hereto and marked with the letter "DC1A" is a true and accurate copy of an article dated 9 August 1999 from the Philippine Daily Inquirer.

6. On 17 July 1991 Attorney Coronel, Imelda Marcos's lawyers, told the press that Mr. Reiner Jacobi was a "hustler" who had phoned him in March 1991 to offer information about the alleged Marcos accounts but was rebuffed by Mrs. Marcos. Attorney Coronel alleged that Jacobi subsequently offered his "gold tales" to the PCGG for a 10% commission. He said that "Jacobi is wanted in Europe and the United States for a string of bank fraud cases." Annexed hereto and marked with the letter "DC2A" is a true and accurate copy of a article dated 17 July 1991 from the Malaya newspaper quoting attorney Coronel.

7. I am informed by Mr. Jacobi and verily believe that he has never spoken to attorney Coronel. Furthermore, attorney Coronel's story is factually incorrect because Mr. Jacobi was working with the PCGG prior to 1991. In my opinion the accusation of Attorney Coronel that Mr. Jacobi was involved in "bank fraud” suggests that the Marcos' had already worked out in 1991 a strategy to neutralise the work of Reiner Jacobi in tracing the hidden Marcos assets.

8. The allegation that Mr. Jacobi is a con man grew in currency because it was supported by a case of mistaken identity. Attached hereto and marked with the letter "DC3A" is a true and accurate copy of an affidavit by Mr. Peter Muller, investigative journalist, dated 23 October 1995. In that affidavit Mr. Muller refers to a certain Ernst Jacobe who was investigated in relation to a Marcos-related fraud but who is not the same person as Reiner Jacobi.

9. The British Serious Fraud Office has also cleared Mr. Jacobi of any involvement in investment fraud. Attached hereto and marked with the letters "DC4A", "DC5A" and "DC6A" are true and accurate copies of a letter dated 25 June 1999 from Television Network International ("TNI") to the Serious Fraud Office ("SFO") and letters dated 30 June 1999 and 12 July 1999 from the SFO to the TNI respectively.

10. In relation to the same matter, Mr. Jacobi was also falsely accused of working with a number of American, including Mr. John Savage and Mr. Richard Kilbane in an investment fraud scam. The fraud documentation referred to a “Seller’s Common Collateral Code: EFG JACOBE/ICC400/322/C3416." The reference to "Jacobe" is a reference to Mr. Ernst Jacobe and not to Mr. Reiner Jacobi: see Exhibit "DC1A" for further details.

SWITZERLAND CHARGES OF ECONOMIC ESPIONAGE

11. Attached hereto and marked with the letter"DC7A" is a true and accurate copy of an English translation of the Order of Arrest dated 9 July 1991 issued by Mr. Peter Cosandey, District Attorney of Zurich, against Mr. Reiner Jacobi on a charge of economic espionage in violation of Article 273 of the Swiss Penal Code and a charge of prohibited action on behalf of a foreign state (i.e. the Philippines) in violation of Article 271 of the Swiss Penal Code.

12. Attached hereto and marked with the letter "DC8A" is a true and correct copy of the English translation of the request for legal assistance dated 9 July 1991 by the District Attorney of Zurich to the German authorities in relation to Mr. Jacobi.

13. The circumstances surrounding the Swiss charges against Mr. Jacobi are detailed in "DC7A", "DC8A" and in a record of interview with Mr. Friederick Walser (aka) Fritz Walser. Annexed hereto and marked as"DC9A" is a true and accurate copy of the English language translation of the record of interview between Mr. Walser and Mr. Cosandey.

14. On 29 May 1991 Dr. Reichenbach, the Swiss lawyer for the PCGG, requested the Swiss authorities to freeze two ( 2 ) bank accounts at Credit Suisse which allegedly contained a balance of $1,300,000,000 billion. The request stated that the accounts at Credit Suisse were registered under the name of C. B. de Preux ( also known as Cecil B. De Preux ) the juvenile son of the Swiss lawyer for former President Marcos. At first Credit Suisse denied the existence of the accounts stating that it did not accord with its numbering system. Following the revelation that the Philippines Government had documentary evidence concerning the accounts, Credit Suisse stated that the accounts were genuine Marcos accounts but that they were closed and had no money in them.

15. With the knowledge of the PCGG, various intermediaries, including Mr. Walser, were used to check the veracity of the denials of Credit Suisse. In May 1991 a former bank employee entered into the computer system at Credit Suisse by using a special code and by using the videotext system and found that both accounts really existed. The same employee also used the same method to gain access to gold accounts at the Union Bank of Switzerland.

16. Attorney Hans Peter Kaspar, a Swiss lawyer for the PCGG, then informed Mr. Peter Cosandey, the District Attorney of Zurich, that he was in contact with a Mr. Walser who through a colleague had access to the Credit Suisse computer system. In or about 13 June 1991, Mr. Walser was interviewed by District Attorney Cosandey and he confirmed the above-mentioned details concerning the Credit Suisse accounts. He also stated that he has "absolute confidence" in his source's information that UBS had gold accounts corresponding to 1,241 Metric Tonnes of physical gold.

17. Instead of acting on Mr. Walser's information and investigating Credit Suisse and UBS for potential criminal offences such as money laundering, Mr. Cosandey opened up a criminal investigation into those who had accessed the Swiss bank's computers and/or had received secret bank information. On 11 July 1991 Mr. Jacobi was arrested in Munich on the Swiss request for extradition.

18. Annexed hereto and marked with the letters "DC10A" and "DC11A" are copies of two ( 2 ) letters, both dated 15 July 1991, from Mr. David Castro to Zurich District Attorney, Mr. Peter Cosandey, and to Swiss Federal Counsellor, Mr. Arnold Koller, protesting the arrest of PCGG agent Reiner Jacobi.

19. On 17 July 1991 the First Criminal Panel of the Higher Regional Court of Munich refused the application for the issue of a provisional arrest warrant for the extradition of Mr. Reiner Jacobi from Germany to Switzerland on a charge of economic espionage and a charge of prohibited action on behalf of a foreign state. The Court held that the charges were of a "political character “and therefore were not extraditable. Annexed hereto and marked with the letters "DC12A" is a true and accurate copy of the English translation of the decision of the Court dated 17 July 1991.

20. Annexed hereto and marked with the letter "DC13A" is a true and accurate copy of the English translation of a letter dated 19 July 1991 from Mr. Pierre Schmidt of the Swiss Federal Office for Police Matters to the Bavarian Ministry of Justice stating that the Swiss authorities had withdrawn the extradition request but reserved the right to demand the return of the documents found in the possession of Mr. Jacobi.

21. Subsequently, Mr. Cosandey threatened to withdraw all mutual assistance to the Philippine Government in relation to the existing frozen Marcos accounts in Switzerland unless the Philippine Government stopped using the services of Mr. Jacobi. Mr. Cosandey also stated that he would no longer entertain any request made by PCGG Chairman Castro [ David Castro ] or his proxies. Annexed hereto and marked with the letter "DC14A" is a true and accurate copy of a letter from Mr. Cosandey to the Swiss Federal Office for Police Matters dated 19 July 1991.

22. As a consequence of the action by the Swiss authorities, the PCGG did not test the claim of Credit Suisse that the Marcos accounts were closed. Nor did the PCGG make any request to freeze the alleged Marcos gold accounts at UNION BANK OF SWITZERLAND ( UBS AG ).

23. On 23 July 1991 Dr. Reichenbach's law firm unilaterally resigned from its mandate to pursue the hidden accounts in circumstances where attorney Bruno De Preux had reported Dr Reichenbach for improper conduct to the Swiss Bar Association and Mr. Cosandey had threatened to open up a criminal investigation into Attorney Hans Peter Kasper.

24. UBS which had been silent about the ownership of the gold accounts later claimed that the precious metal certificate numbers that Mr. Walser had disclosed in his original confession "have no correlation to any account or customer numbering or identification system ever used at UBS." This became the official line of UBS and Mr. Peter Cosandey who together have publicly claimed that the Marcos gold deposits are a hoax and are being used by con men to raise monies.

25. In my opinion there is a fatal flaw to the UBS / Cosandey position. Mr. Cosandey first learnt about the gold account numbers from Mr. Walser on 13 June 1991. Mr. Cosandey opened a criminal investigation into Mr. Walser and his associates, issued arrest warrants and search warrants, and finally issued a request for mutual assistance and extradition to the Republic of Germany on the basis that the crime of economic espionage had been committed by Messrs Jacobi, Walser and others. That is, from 13 June 1991 to at least 17 July 1991, Mr. Cosandey treated Mr. Jacobi as a spy not as a con man. It was only after the failure to extradite Jacobi from Germany to Switzerland that Mr. Cosandey realised that he had made a foolish mistake in charging Mr. Jacobi with economic espionage. For the offence of espionage assumes that the banks have secrets, in this case the alleged Marcos cash deposits at Credit Suisse and the gold deposits at UBS. Furthermore, it is inconceivable that Mr. Cosandey did not consult with UBS as a "victim bank" during his investigation of economic espionage and prior to his request for the extradition of Mr. Jacobi. Mr. Cosandey would have been duty bound to inform UBS that its computer system had been penetrated. That is, if this was a fraud or hoax, UBS would have informed Mr. Cosandey during the investigation that the gold account numbers did not exist. Mr. Cosandey would then have investigated and pursued Mr. Jacobi and others for 'fraud' not for 'economic espionage'. The fact that Mr. Walser volunteered the information to Mr. Cosandey provides further support for the view that this was no hoax.

26. I am informed by Mr. Castro and verily believe that it is also the case that UBS knew of the alleged Marcos gold account numbers from as early as 5 February 1991. On that date Dr. Reichenbach and Mr. Castro had a meeting with Mr. Urs Wenzel, in-house counsel of UBS. I am informed by David Castro and verily believe that at that meeting Mr. Wenzel stated that the gold account numbers supplied by the PCGG were not in the name of a Filipino national but were in the name of a Swiss national. Mr. Wenzel did not state that the account number did not exist but merely stated that he could not give the name of the account holder because of Swiss bank secrecy laws. Subsequently, on 12 February 1991 Dr. Reichenbach wrote to Wenzel stating that the account holder was C. de Preux. If the gold account numbers supplied by the PCGG were fake then Mr. Wenzel would have informed Dr Reichenbach on 12 February 1991. Annexed hereto and marked with the letters "DC15A" is a true and accurate copy of a letter from the law firm of Reichenbach, Tuchshmid, Meili & Schubiger to Mr. Castro dated 18 April 1991 concerning the meeting with UBS and the identification of the account holder as being Mr. C. B. De Preux, also known as Cyril B. DePreux.

UNITED STATES INDICTMENT

27. On 29 March 1991 a grand jury in the United States brought an indictment accusing Mr. Reiner Jacobi of violating United States criminal law. That indictment charged him with one ( 1 ) count of conspiring with Mr. Thomas Sunde and others to 'import' and 'distribute' hashish in violation of Title 21 United States Code, Sections 841(a)(1) and 846. The conspiracy is alleged to have occurred between February 1985 and November 1986 at Dade County, Florida and elsewhere.

28. The allegation against Mr. Jacobi is that he conspired with Mr. Sunde & others to import drugs into the United States of America aboard a 'vessel' known as Axel D. The core of the conspiracy allegation is that Mr. Jacobi had agreed through Mr. Sunde to supply confidential information, which would assist the conspirators to avoid detection and prosecution. In particular, Mr. Jacobi's role in the drug importation allegedly consisted of informing Mr. Howard Marks, the principal organiser and manager of the Enterprise, as to the location of a 'surveillance bug' onboard a 'boat' named Axel D, which had been secretly planted by the United States Drug Enforcement Administration ( D.E.A. ).

29. The conspiracy case against Mr. Jacobi relies substantially, if not entirely, on assertions made by witness Mr. Sunde. Mr. Sunde's statements are not corroborated in respect of any material particular of the alleged offence. According to his own statements, Mr. Sunde worked with the Marks / Combes drug organisations from 1975 to 1986 acting as a "money courier, organising international smuggling routes and obtaining intelligence worldwide." In contrast, it was Mr. Jacobi while working as an undercover operative for the United States Customs Service who persuaded Mr. Sunde to co-operate with U.S. law enforcement authorities to break the international drug ring.

30. Sunde was later indicted on a charge of conspiracy arising out of his long-time involvement with the drug trafficking ring. On 23 March 1991, he pled guilty to conspiring with Mr. Marks to distribute hashish. On 17 July 1991, he was sentenced to informal ( non-reporting ) probation for 5-years which was then 'suspended'. Mr. Sunde then left the United States and settled in Japan. He received an incredibly lenient sentence, notwithstanding his admission that he had been involved in high-level drug trafficking for a period of 11-years.

31. The evidence suggests that in or around March 1991 Mr. Sunde was facing prosecution on serious charge and that he then presented the U.S. authorities with the allegations against Mr. Jacobi. It is likely that Sunde made a deal with the Government authorities and that part of the deal involved him making a statement to the effect that in 1986 he and Mr. Jacobi had jointly sold information to the drug trafficking ring.

32. On 29 March 1991 (which was seven days after pleading guilty to the above offence), Mr. Sunde was charged with Mr. Jacobi on a separate indictment to engage in drug trafficking. There is no evidence suggesting that Mr. Sunde has been prosecuted on this indictment.

33. I am informed by Mr. R. Jacobi and verily believe that he detests drug dealers and has spent a great deal of his life working against them. Mr. Jacobi has been a confidential source to the United States Customs authorities providing information about drug dealers including the Marks/Combes drug organisations of which Mr. Sunde was a member. Mr. Mark Bastan of the United States Customs stated in an affidavit dated 21 December 1993 that the information supplied by Mr. Jacobi to U.S. Customs Special Agent Larry Ladage led to the seizure of more than 4,800 pounds of hashish in December 1984.

HONG KONG EXTRADITION PROCEEDINGS

34. On 27 July 1991, Mr. Jacobi was arrested in HongKong on a provisional arrest warrant issued on the same date and based on the above-mentioned U.S. indictment. Mr. Jacobi's arrest occurred 10-days after the German court had rejected his extradition to Switzerland on a charge of 'economic espionage'.

35. On 1 July 1992 the Honourable Peter White, Hong Kong Magistrate, rejected the extradition of Mr. Jacobi from Hong Kong to United States on a single count of conspiracy to import and distribute hash. Annexed hereto and marked with the letter "DC16A" is a true and accurate copy of the decision of the Hong Kong court dated 1 July 1992.

36. The Hong Kong court rejected the extradition of Mr. Jacobi on the ground that "there was insufficient evidence in the affidavits of the witness Mr. Sunde upon which a properly instructed jury could convict." The court noted that no weight could be properly attached to the evidence of Mr. Sunde because his "evidence had been given in a careless manner and included basic and significant allegations of which little or no sense can be made."

37. An examination of the affidavits of Mr. Sunde dated 13 August 1991, 27 September 1991, 27 December 1991 reveals inconsistencies concerning critical facts. Attached hereto and marked with the letters "DC17A" "DC18A" and "DC19A" are true and accurate copies of the affidavits of Mr. Sunde which were submitted to the Hong Kong court in the extradition hearing.

38. During the Hong Kong extradition hearing in June 1992 and July 1992, a Mr. Cheung Wing Lok Ronald of HongKong gave evidence that he had known Mr. Sunde for approximately 10-years and that he was aware that Mr. Sunde was working with a group of Japanese businessmen who were working with Mrs. Imelda Marcos to protect the gold deposits secreted in a Swiss bonded warehouse by former President Ferdinand Marcos of the Philippines. He claimed that in February 1991 Mr. Sunde told him that he was to appear before a Grand Jury in the United States and that it was very important that he involve Mr. Jacobi in those proceedings because:

(a) It would ameliorate his sentence; and,

(b) It would help the Japanese group to protect Mrs. Marcos' interests in Switzerland.

Mr. Cheung also gave evidence that Mr. Sunde had sought to entrap Mr. Jacobi by sending faxed messages so as to get Mr. Jacobi to travel to Zurich where it was hoped that he would be arrested by the Swiss authorities. Attached hereto and marked with the letters "DC20A " and "DC21A" are true and accurate copies of two affirmations by Cheung Wing Lok Ronald both dated 2 June 1994, which were presented to the Hong Kong court.

39. The relationship between Mr. Sunde, the Swiss authorities and the U.S. authorities at this point of time has never been fully explored, but suffice to say that Mr. Sunde appeared to be assisting District Attorney Peter Cosandey in his efforts to capture Mr. Jacobi and destroy the investigation into the secret Marcos accounts in Switzerland.

AUSTRALIA EXTRADITION PROCEEDINGS

40. On February 23, 1994 the United States made a request to the Australia government for the provisional arrest of Mr. R. Jacobi based on the same charge of drug trafficking as he had faced in Hong Kong. Although Mr. Jacobi was living openly on the Gold Coast, Queensland, and was travelling into and out of Australia under a passport in his own name, no attempt was made to arrest him for 5-months that is until 26 July 1994.

41. On 6 September 1994 the United States Government made a request of the Australian Government to extradite Mr. Jacobi to the United States.

42. The affiants relied on by the United States Government in its request of the Australian Government for Mr. Jacobi's extradition were the same as those that the United States Government had relied on in its failed request to extradite Mr. Jacobi from Hong Kong. In the Australian extradition hearing the United States Government presented only one affidavit of Mr. Sunde dated 13 January 1994. This affidavit is nearly exactly the same as the third affidavit, which Mr. Sunde had sworn on 27 December 1991 for the Hong Kong extradition proceedings. The United States government did not present to the Australian court the material in Mr. Sunde's affidavits dated 13 August 1991, and 27 September 1991, which the Hong Kong court had relied on in its finding that no weight could be attached to Mr. Sunde's evidence.

43. Because of a procedural limitation under section 19(5) of the Australian Extradition Act 1988, the defence are not permitted to tender any evidence from a "fugitive" to contradict an allegation that he has engaged in criminal conduct. That is the American allegations of criminality are assumed to be correct and cannot be challenged by the defence; for example, by producing contradictory evidence even out of the mouth of the prosecution's own witnesses. The effect of this rule is that Mr. Jacobi was not entitled to tender in the Australian extradition preceding any of the inconsistent and contradictory affidavits of Mr. Sunde, which had previously been presented, to the Hong Kong court. Nor was Mr. Jacobi entitled to present other evidence, such as the evidence of Mr. Cheung, which attacked the credibility of Mr. Sunde's evidence.

44. On 31 May 1995 the Honourable Mr. Owens, Stipendiary Magistrate, held that Mr. Jacobi was eligible for surrender to the United States of America. This decision was reversed on appeal to the Federal Court of Australia. In a judgment dated 8 November 1996, Mrs. Justice S. Kiefel of the Federal Court rejected the United States request to extradite Mr. Jacobi and awarded Mr. Jacobi costs against the United States Government. Attached hereto and marked with the letter "DC22A" is a true and accurate copy of the extradition judgment of Mrs. Justice Keifel dated 8 November 1996.

45. It is nearly unheard of for an Australian court to reject an extradition request by the United States authorities based on the merits of the case. Under the Extradition Treaty between Australia and the United States, the court must find that the facts provide "reasonable grounds to believe" that the alleged offence was committed by the person whose extradition is sought. This test for extradition is much weaker than the Hong Kong "prima facie evidence" requirement. Despite this low threshold test, despite the fact that hearsay evidence was admissible in the extradition proceeding, and despite the limitations imposed on the defence, the Australian Federal Court rejected the United States extradition request. The Federal Court noted that the version of events as narrated by the alleged co-conspirator, Mr. Sunde, were "wholly uncorroborated "and "bizarre" and that his description of the events contained "too many strange and unexplained features for it to engender any belief." The Court went on to give detailed reasons as to why "there is nothing provided (in the U.S. extradition material) to give the story of Sunde reliability or credibility in any important respect."

CONTINUING UNITED STATES INTEREST IN MR JACOBI

46. The U.S. indictment and extradition cases raise serious questions as to the bona fides of the continued United States government's action against Mr. Jacobi, which may be summarised as follows:

(a) The courts of Hong Kong and Australia have rejected the United States extradition requests because of the failure of the US prosecutor to satisfy a low threshold of proof. The United States has failed to produce anything, which is reliable. The failure to obtain corroborative evidence of key elements of Mr. Sunde's evidence after seven years of investigation is a reflection of the profound weakness of the United States case.. This also explains why the United States government did not appeal against the adverse decisions of the Hong Kong and Australian courts;

(b) Prior to making of the extradition request of Australia, the United States had ample opportunity of obtaining additional material, if it existed, to buttress its case against Mr. Jacobi. Furthermore, the United States authorities have not made a second extradition request of Australia, even though there is no legal obstacle to making such a request backed by new evidence;

(c) The United States did not include in its extradition case in Australia the material in Mr. Sunde's affidavits dated 13 August 1991 and 27 September 1991 which contain inconsistencies and discrepancies which were relied upon in the Hong Kong extradition case The conduct of the American authorities may be viewed as an exploitation of section 19(5) of the Extradition Act 1988 in that the Australia courts were prevented from receiving the earlier affidavits of Mr. Sunde and that of Mr. Cheung;

(d) Mr. Howard Marks, the key drug trafficker who Mr. Jacobi is alleged to have conspired with, was sentenced to 20 years imprisonment pursuant to a plea bargain agreement with the United States authorities. Although Mr. Marks was released after serving less than half that sentence, he did not assist the US authorities in giving evidence against Mr. Jacobi. Indeed, Mr. Marks in his autobiography called "Mr. Nice" published in 1996 refer to his dealings with Mr. Sunde but fails to mention Mr. Jacobi. Furthermore, Mr. Marks gives a different version of the critical meeting between him and Mr. Sunde in London when the conspiracy is alleged to have been hatched. Mr. Marks states at pages 315-317 of his book that Mr. Sunde arrived unexpectedly at his home in London and informed him of the location of the radio transmitter installed by the DEA. Mr. Marks states that he paid Sunde $50,000 on the spot for the information but does not refer to any agreement to pay Sunde and/or Jacobi a share of the proceeds of the drug shipment. Without such an agreement, there can be no drug conspiracy;

(e) Mr. Jacobi's lawyers have collected significant material showing that Mr. Sunde's testimony is perjurious. They have made various formal and informal approaches to the US authorities and offered a proffer and other information concerning Mr. Jacobi's knowledge of the relevant events. On numerous occasions Mr. Jacobi's US lawyers have requested the US authorities to review the file, but this has not happened even though there is overwhelming evidence that the charges are unjust, oppressive and totally devoid of any merit;

(f) Mr. Jacobi has offered to voluntarily return to the United States to assist the United States authorities in its investigation provided that he gets bail and is allowed to travel. This offer has not been accepted. Mr. Jacobi's U.S. lawyers have advised that if Mr. Jacobi voluntarily returns to the United States, he will not get bail from a Miami court unless he puts up substantial assets. Mr. Jacobi is not in a financial position to put up a bond worth millions of dollars. Consequently, he has been advised that it is likely that he may be incarcerated for up to 6-months while waiting for a trial. Mr. Jacobi is not prepared to sit in an American jail for 6 months and then be told that the U.S. government is not proceeding with the case because, for example, Mr. Sunde is not prepared to testify. Mr. Jacobi's U.S. lawyers have been informed that because of his "extradition victories" the U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. prosecutor want Jacobi to be "punished";

(g) A number of statements have been made, including one made by Mr. Sunde to a journalist, and at least one statement by a United States Department of Justice officer to a US attorney acting on behalf of Mr. Jacobi, to the effect that the extradition of Jacobi is not being sought for the purpose of prosecution on the Sunde allegations, but for other purposes. Attached hereto and marked with the letter "DC23A" is a true and accurate copy of the affidavit of Attorney Thomas Frey dated 22 November 1991.

47. The US authorities have deliberately blackened Mr. Jacobi's name by alleging that he has used a number of aliases presumably as a means of escaping justice. In the extradition request of Mr. Jacobi, the U.S. authorities state that Mr. Jacobi's aliases include Rex Johnson, Rolf Koenig, Dirk Stoffberg and Herbert Solomon.

48. I am informed by Mr. Jacobi and verily believe that he has only used aliases for legitimate purposes. For example: the name Rex Johnson was assigned to Mr. Jacobi by U.S. Customs District Director Ladage, who requested him to undertake a sensitive operation on behalf of the U.S. government. The name Rolf Koenig was assigned to Mr. Jacobi by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration for another operation.

49. The most dishonest claim is that Mr. Jacobi has used the aliases, Dirk Stoffberg and Herbert Solomon. The United States authorities are aware that the so-called alias Mr. Dirk Stoffberg was never used by Mr. Jacobi but that Mr. Stoffberg, a South African arms dealer, used Mr. Jacobi's name as his alias. The background to this matter is that Reiner Jacobi was requested by US Customs to carry out a sting operation against Mr. Stoffberg who was suspected of smuggling nuclear triggering devices to "rogue states", in particular Iraq. Mr. Stoffberg discovered Mr. Jacobi's role in the sting operation and in retaliation then used Mr. Jacobi's name to commit a series of crimes, including threatening a US Customs officer with violence, arms and fraud offences. On 24 April 1991 the United States authorities sought the arrest and extradition of Dirk Stoffberg (aka Reiner Jacobi, Rex Johnson, Ralph Koenig, Herbert Solomon) from Germany in relation to violations of the arms embargo to Chile. Mr. Stoffberg was eventually extradited to the United States and pled guilty to arms violations. PCGG'S BASELESS CLAIMS OF ESTAFA

50. The PCGG has recently claimed that Mr. Jacobi has misused his agreement with the Philippines Government to improperly raise money. This claim is not based on fact and is plainly wrong. The former Chairman of the PCGG, Chairman Gunigundo, authorised Mr. Jacobi to raise money for the purpose of "financing the project" and in particular the accounts at UBS under client account number 885931. As far back as 11 June 1996 Chairman Gunigundo authorised the raising of monies by Mr Jacobi because the PCGG had no budget. Consequently, Mr. Jacobi hired and paid for the professional fees of a Swiss lawyer for the purpose of assisting the PCGG in developing a strategy to recover the secret Marcos assets. In my Affidavit (No3) sworn at today's date I have set out these matters in greater detail.

51. Over a ten-year period Mr. Jacobi has provided intelligence and investigatory services to the PCGG without charging or receiving any fees from the Philippines Government and without claiming expenses. And what has Mr. Jacobi received for his work? He has been subject to a campaign of vilification and character assassination for carrying out his side of his contractual bargain, namely to identify and trace the secret assets of the Marcoses.

Affiant further says naught.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this ______ day of September 1999 David A Chaikin SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN before me in the City of Manila this ______ day of September 1999.

Reference

http://web.archive.org/web/20030628072458/www.marcosbillions.com/marcos/DCAF2.DOT (http://web.archive.org/web/20030628072458/www.marcosbillions.com/marcos/DCAF2.DOT)

Jan Klimkowski
08-13-2009, 09:36 PM
Carsten - I corresponded with Gunther Russbacher for a couple of years, and managed to blag my way into an Austrian prison to see him when Russbacher, or a version of Russbacher, was incarcerated there.

That whole October Surprize thing is, to steal a phrase:

"a riddle, wrapped in a question, locked inside an enigma."

Something very real and treacherous happened there.

But one needs several Texas chainsaws to slice through the layers of disinformation. :listen:

Carsten Wiethoff
08-13-2009, 10:03 PM
This is absolutely fascinating.

What of this story are you willing to reveal, or have revealed somewhere already?
And how were you yourself connected to this case, what was your motivation and how did you know about the case?

The world never seizes to surprise me...

Carsten

Carsten Wiethoff
08-14-2009, 05:53 PM
Found it. Thanks for the info.
Read it. Stunning.

Carsten

Jan Klimkowski
08-14-2009, 06:36 PM
I've filmed surgery to remove a deep brain tumour, conducted by a world class doctor.

To get to the brain, the skull has to be drilled, sliced, carved open. It's highly skilled carpentry.

After the hard, rigid, coconut shell is cracked, the gooey, sloppy, brain matter - the seat of intelligence and perhaps the soul - is exposed and vulnerable.

Whomever Gunther Russbacher may have been - uber ONI agent, Hapsburg love child, elite insider, fantasist and bullshitter - They opened up his skull and rewired his brain, without any need for carpentry.

No clamps.

No drill.

No saw.

In the prison, an Austrian shrink, with top secret clearance, had a look inside Russbacher's mind and attempted to perform what one might term industrial espionage.

This shrink tried to steal the technological expertise that had been wired into Russbacher's brain.

In fact, quite a few very spooky shrinks knew how to open the door.

Jane Ryder - do you know who she is? - claims she took Russbacher to see Amnesty International in London. According to Jane, Amnesty had a man who knew how to get in there.

Trouble was, he couldn't get out again....

:stickyman:

Carsten Wiethoff
08-14-2009, 06:45 PM
Found also:

Pigeon Point Publishing's

VIDEOS

Checks Payable to:
Pigeon Point Publishing
P.O. Box 1784 Aptos, CA 95001-1784
Telefax 831-462-3949
(For Each $10.00, add $1.00 for shipping and handling)

The Mystery
Of a Covert Criminal Conspiracy
As related by Captain Gunther Russbacher
U.S. Navy Intelligence, C.I.A.
To Alexander Horvat, Publisher, Probe Magazine

For the first time, you will see Gunther Russbacher Topics include:

The death of Paul Wilcher, which had recently occurred
How the CIA funds its Black Ops through money shuffling
Twenty year bogus bonds that are the reserve part of CIA banks and savings and loans
Savings and Loans started by the CIA based on zero funds
Unlimited money supply which is FDIC secured
The Federal Reserve's 7-1 borrowing program. If you have one million dollars in your bank, you can borrow 7 million
The story of his capture in SE Asia while trying to rescue POW's. It was at the height of the Paris negotiations, and Kissinger gave the North Vietnamese, the details of the mission. He was a POW for 18 months, and brutally tortured. The lack of fing ernails, which is shown at the beginning of the tape, is due to having them repeatedly ripped out with pliers.
Terrorists used by the CIA to influence foreign elections
The New World Order and their Anti-gun policy
The Bildebergers
NAFTA and slave labor
Ross Perot
Factions within the Intelligence Community
The United Nations
The Knights Templars

Over 90 minutes long. This tape should be in the library of every serious CIA researcher. Russbacher candidly lays open the entire covert side of the CIA. It is truly a tape you will not forget. You will be surprised by the information and details he give s.

1 Tape $20.00 + $4.00 Shipping

Also available from the Human Rights Foundation:

The Short Road to Chaos and Destruction

An Expose of the Federal Reserve by Gunther Russbacher
$5.00 + $1.00 Handling

The AmeriKan Gulag

RMNews Profiles Three PolitiKal Prisoners Congressman George Hansen, American Patriot Maynard Cambell and Navy Captain, Gunther Russbacher. Over 60 pages long.
$7.00 + $1.00 Shipping

Credit Card orders CALL 800-400-1999 or order online (http://www.conghansen.com/halord.htm) from the Human Rights Foundation

We're Losing Our Country

1 Tape $10.00

The Obergon Chronicles

The video tape of the lecture by Rayelan Russbacher at the 1997 Global Sciences Conference

1 Tape $20.00

Seems like Jan was not the only person in contact with Russbacher.
I am still unsure what to make of some of the stories I read. Maybe that's by design.
Did anybody see that tape?

Back to the original topic of Dirk Stoffberg, because of his relation to the death of Rainer Barschel:

Dirk Stoffberg obviously said something of value to the committee investigating the October Surprise, because he was set free for it shortly afterwards. I would like to know, what exactly he said. So I need the report
"October Surprise Allegations and the Circumstances Surrounding the Release of the American Hostages Held in Iran"
(102-0125) 1992.

It's available from the printing office, supposedly, but I did not find an online source. If someone knows, please advise.

I also found a very critical look on the whole story, by Frank Snepp.
http://www.fas.org/irp/congress/1992_cr/h920224-october.htm
Still, the involvement of the German Der Spiegel, and of Ari ben-Menashe and Stoffberg amazes me.

Peace
Carsten

Carsten Wiethoff
08-14-2009, 06:57 PM
Re: Jan

I did not know about Jane Clyde.
Now I read http://www.rumormillnews.com/clyd.htm.

:hmmmm2:

Jan Klimkowski
08-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Carsten, my friend - Jane Ryder.

And, oh yeah, the uber Exorcist Malachi Martin.

How strange to see his spectre gliding along these strange nooks and crannies, where old and new don masks and frenziedly copulate....

Eyes Wide Shut

Eyes Wide Open

Operation Open Eyes

Operation Clear Eyes

A load of horse?

Carsten Wiethoff
08-14-2009, 07:24 PM
Jan,
you are speaking in riddles, but I think you mean this:
================================================== ==============

OPERATION OPEN EYES By Walter Bowart

April 1996

----------------------------------------------------------------

News for Freedom of Thought Foundation Members
Vol.2 No.4, Whole Issue Number 16, April, 1996

Dallas, Texas -- Best-selling author Richard Condon, whose
prophetic novel about mind control "The Manchurian Candidate"
suddenly became frighteningly realistic after the CIA MKULTRA
revelations were made public in the 1970's, died April 9th,. He
was 81.
Mr. Condon, who died of kidney failure, saw "The Manchurian
Candidate", the darkly comic "Prizzi's Honor," and a satire
about the JFK assassination, "Winter Kills," made into acclaimed
movies.
Many other novels by Mr. Condon had a strong satirical, anti-
establishment bent: "The Oldest Confession," "Some Angry
Angel," "Emperor of America," "A Talent for Loving," 'and
"An Infinity of Mirrors."
"Every book I've ever written has been about abuse of
power," the Associated Press quoted him as saying. "'I feel very
strongly about that. I'd like people to know how de,ply their
politicians are wronging them,"
A former film publicist who didn't take up novel writing until
he was in his 40s, Mr. Condon published "The Manchurian
Candidate" in 1959. But the novel - about an American prisoner
of war in Korea who is brainwashed and programmed to kill, then
returns to the United States and assassinates a powerful
politician - didn't become a big seller until after the 1962 film
version.
The Associated Press report said," When Kennedy was
assassinated in 1963 by a former Marine who had spent time in the
Soviet Union, the film was withdrawn for many years."
Condon said that the film had been pulled from distribution by
Frank Sinatra, the star of the film, and a close personal friend
of John Kennedy's.
The rights to the movie, starring Laurence Harvey as the
brainwashed man, Angela Lansbury as his mother and Frank Sinatra
as a fellow soldier who tries to thwart the plot, were bought by
Sinatra. Later the film was released in both theaters and on
video to new acclaim.
'Winter Kills," published in 1974, portrayed events more
closely resembling the Kennedy assassination. In it, the
half-brother of a slain president of Irish descent overhears the
deathbed confession 14 years later of a man who claims to have
been involved in the murder.
The book gave Mr. Condon his biggest critical success since
"Candidate."
"Prizzi's Honor," in 1982, was the first in a series of
novels on the Mafia. It was followed by "Prizzi's Family" in
1986, "Prizzi's Glory" in 1988, and in 1993, "Prizzi's
Money," about the outlaw family's efforts to gain the summit of
political respectability.
Angelica Huston, who grew up as a neighbor of Mr. Condon's in
Ireland, played the female lead in film version of "Prizzi's
Honor" opposite Jack Nicholson. Mr. Condon also co-wrote the
screenplay for the 1985 film - about a hit man and his wife who
are sent to kill each other. The screenplay earned Condon an
Oscar nomination.
Before writing books, the New York City native pitched films.
Hired as a press agent for Walt Disney Productions in 1937, Mr.
Condon worked in the movie business for more than 20 years,
putting in time at nearly all the major studios.
In the mid 1970's Condon wrote the introduction to W.H.
Bowart's "Operation Mind Control" and was amazed at what
Bowart had uncovered.
When asked if he'd known about the MKULTRA program of the
CIA, Condon told Bowart," I just read Salter and Pavlov and
invented the rest." Today, there are those who still believe
Condon had inside information.
Condon gave Bowart his wholehearted support and said
"Operation Mind Control" was," Moral, significant and
unforgettable..."
In 1977 Condon wrote to Bowart after reading his non-fiction
account of the cryptocracy's developments in mind control:"I feel
like a monk in the Dark Ages who is writing to the captain of a
Space Ship. .. This whole thing blows my mind...'
Survivors include his wife, Evelyn, two daughters, and
grandchildren.

-----------------------

MIND CONTROL SURVIVOR, STEVE BRATCHER, DIAGNOSED "TERMINAL"

A long term mind control researcher, Steve Bratcher, 38,
recently underwent surgery for brain cancer. Doctors predicted
that "unless a miracle happens" Bratcher wouldn't live much past
September.
A private investigator who founded SKBI Research, Bratcher was
a long time private contractor for the CIA. When terminating his
employ with CIA he says he experienced a ten-month period of
"detainment" in Florida during which time he described being an
involuntary victim of a variety of high-tech mind control
experiments. He described holographic phenomena and "remote
mental telepathy," as well as UFO-like phenomenon and a variety
of "tortures" commonly described by the survivors of mind
control. His account is available on videotape from FOTF by
special request.
Bratcher notified FOTF of his condition before he traveled
from his home in MacLean, Va. to New York City for surgery. The
primary site of the cancer was thought to be in his prostate
gland. The secondary site was thought to be in his brain.
According to his videotaped account, photographed in 1993,
Bratcher believed he was exposed to more than one kind of
radiation. He had suffered severe headaches since the ten month
long experiment.
Bratcher told the FOTF in a series of email messages all under
the heading "Terminated," -- "I thought this was a great country
when I started working for it. I volunteered... You can be
patriotic... you can volunteer... just hope that you don't get
picked..."
Bratcher said that what he believed to be implants had shown
up in the x-rays of his head.

-----------------------

OPERATION OPEN EYES

Disaffected Spook Spills SEAL Mind Control Experiences

The following information was titled "A Working Outline of a
U.S. Intelligence Mind Control Program" when received. It comes
from a former Navy Intelligence officer who was attached to the
CIA and was also a Navy SEAL team leader. Shortly before his
"separation" from the "community" he was the overall commander of
all the SEAL teams. To clarify: "Open Eyes" is the name of the
entire operation. A "Clear Eyes" is a programmed victim of
"Operation Open Eyes." The following opinions are not those of
the Freedom of Thought Foundation, nor of the editors of FREE
THINKING.

This segment is dedicated to Operation "Open Eyes,." A preset
group of our people canvass the country hospitals and immigration
centers in order to find viable candidates for above named
operation. We locate the target individuals, who have no close
family or real good friends. They are then put under heavy stage
one hypnosis, where a clear and definitive pattern of their
usefulness is determined by our shrinks and field officers. If
the candidate possesses a relatively high IQ he will be filed in
a category file, called "call file."
If the tested applicant has more than 120 IQ, he will be
serviced by a trigger word or number, while under level 1
hypnosis. We then systematically do a background search and
create a file for future reference. If there are no relatives to
speak of, the subject will be moved to a location of our choice
where further tests for vulnerability are conducted. He is then
brought to level 2 hypnosis where diverse small orders and
specific instructions are written into his personality.
If subject, upon release shows that he has retained
instructions and carries out small and unimportant work duties,
assigned under level 2 hypnosis, he will receive a recall
"Service notice" by a person we have introduced him to.
The next step is level 3 hypnosis, where he will become an
overwrite upon his own personality. He/She will be told that
everything the subject does for his "friends" is okay, even
though it may very well be against all laws of the land. He will
believe that he is capable of fulfilling all their (our)
commands, and will be again discharged to live his normal life. (
All operatives have to go to/through these 3 levels before any of
us are fielded!)
The higher the IQ of a given subject, the further the
programming goes! If the IQ is high enough we will bring the
subject to the Farm or one of our numerous facilities throughout
the U.S. and Canada. ( Dallas -- "Doctor's Hospital" is one of
our main centers.)
There we will put the subject into level 4 hypnosis, where he
does no longer differentiate between right and wrong. ( We do
this at the medical facility at the Farm -- one of our contract
hospitals. If he has to perform a articulately suicidal or
important assignment we do our job at Stony Mountain facilities.)
At level 4, diverse programs can be written/or overwritten into
the brain. Any command is accepted at this level. At that level
you can give the test subject a complete personality, history and
make him/her believe anything the program requires for the
accomplishment of any desired project. He is then given a new
life in a new state and town. Driver's license, car, bank
account, passport, credit cards, Birth Certificate, and all the
small things -- such as photos of his family (that don't really
exist.) Subject and patient (one and the same) has now an agenda
(that he believes is his own) and is prepared for level 5
hypnosis. At this stage, very carefully a code word or sequence
of numbers or a voice imprint is etched into his brain. That is
commonly known and referred to as the trigger that will activate
subject to action.
He then lives a very normal and sometimes useful life, until
subject is required to perform the programs implanted/written
into level 4 hypnosis at the point of activating the trigger,
subject is beyond recall. That's why a level 5 person can only be
approached after his/her operation. There is no actual recall in
the subconscious program of any of the hypnosis. If an act of
violence had been perpetrated, subject will not be able to
associate with the deed. Only shrinks trained in this particular
form of sub mental behavior will find any tracks leading to post
level 1 or 2 mind control.
I have personally witnessed level 1-5 programming, and was
myself a subject of level 3 programming.
Due to the fact that subject has such high IQ ( Preferably
around 130-140) subject its very quick to learn anything fed to
him/her. All major patriot groups, and normal workers and workers
in big (government contract firms) corporations have at least one
or more "sleepers" attached to them.
Project Clear Eyes is always a violent group or commune in any
given community. The OKC incident was a clear cut case of project
clear eyes. Tom Valentine's group is the trigger mechanism for
Open Eyes. Waco was an Open Eyes group that had a specific job to
perform. Randy Weaver was a control subject that ended out of
control. Robert Hunt is a sleeper that was put on hold. At some
not too distant date you will see Bob Hunt performing his true
and final role.
Now it must be clear to you the various levels used by the
Intel community to get their job done. Remember Jonestown? It was
one of ours that went sour because a clear eyes was in the
group. When he began firing on the runway, it all
self-destructed. The man (Congressman Leo Ryan) who was killed,
knew it was a government operation. Clear Eyes was accidentally
-- through a lone sequence -- activated! There was no way to stop
the killings. They were all programmed to at least level 3, the
culties themselves. There were only 3 deaths attributable to
cyanide, the rest died of gunfire. Now you know a little more
about our line of work. I am glad I am out of it.
-----

Still digesting...
Carsten

Jan Klimkowski
08-14-2009, 07:27 PM
Jan,
you are speaking in riddles,

Sometimes riddles are the friends of truth.

Carsten Wiethoff
08-14-2009, 08:18 PM
WOW!

What an initiation to the forum!
It is not that I have never heard before of Mind Control, MKULTRA and Manchurian Candidates. I have listened through 139 episodes of Black Op Radio and intend to go all the way. I have beside my bed „The Phoenix Program“ by Douglas Valentine, which I cannot read right now, because I am in the middle of „The Man Who Knew Too Much“ by Dick Russell. Excellent.
I have taken the Red Pill in 2007, when I tried to understand the Flight Data Recorder content of Flight 77, allegedly crashing into the Pentagon, and having very deep problems with that.
After that it was a wild ride, permanent information overload and maybe 2 hours of TV in 2 years.
But nothing in this time compares to the last three days with Jan.
So, keep the good stuff coming, but I may need a break from time to time. And all I wanted to learn was, what the hell this Stoffberg man knew about Barschels death and what CIA covert operations had to do with it.
Being glad to be here, Carsten

Dawn Meredith
08-16-2009, 03:11 PM
Found also:

Pigeon Point Publishing's

VIDEOS

Checks Payable to:
Pigeon Point Publishing
P.O. Box 1784 Aptos, CA 95001-1784
Telefax 831-462-3949
(For Each $10.00, add $1.00 for shipping and handling)

The Mystery
Of a Covert Criminal Conspiracy
As related by Captain Gunther Russbacher
U.S. Navy Intelligence, C.I.A.
To Alexander Horvat, Publisher, Probe Magazine

For the first time, you will see Gunther Russbacher Topics include:

The death of Paul Wilcher, which had recently occurred
How the CIA funds its Black Ops through money shuffling
Twenty year bogus bonds that are the reserve part of CIA banks and savings and loans
Savings and Loans started by the CIA based on zero funds
Unlimited money supply which is FDIC secured
The Federal Reserve's 7-1 borrowing program. If you have one million dollars in your bank, you can borrow 7 million
The story of his capture in SE Asia while trying to rescue POW's. It was at the height of the Paris negotiations, and Kissinger gave the North Vietnamese, the details of the mission. He was a POW for 18 months, and brutally tortured. The lack of fing ernails, which is shown at the beginning of the tape, is due to having them repeatedly ripped out with pliers.
Terrorists used by the CIA to influence foreign elections
The New World Order and their Anti-gun policy
The Bildebergers
NAFTA and slave labor
Ross Perot
Factions within the Intelligence Community
The United Nations
The Knights Templars

Over 90 minutes long. This tape should be in the library of every serious CIA researcher. Russbacher candidly lays open the entire covert side of the CIA. It is truly a tape you will not forget. You will be surprised by the information and details he give s.

Also available from the Human Rights Foundation:

The Short Road to Chaos and Destruction

An Expose of the Federal Reserve by Gunther Russbacher
$5.00 + $1.00 Handling

The AmeriKan Gulag

RMNews Profiles Three PolitiKal Prisoners Congressman George Hansen, American Patriot Maynard Cambell and Navy Captain, Gunther Russbacher. Over 60 pages long.
$7.00 + $1.00 Shipping

Credit Card orders CALL 800-400-1999 or order online (http://www.conghansen.com/halord.htm) from the Human Rights Foundation

We're Losing Our Country

1 Tape $10.00

The Obergon Chronicles

The video tape of the lecture by Rayelan Russbacher at the 1997 Global Sciences Conference

1 Tape $20.00

Seems like Jan was not the only person in contact with Russbacher.
I am still unsure what to make of some of the stories I read. Maybe that's by design.
Did anybody see that tape?

Back to the original topic of Dirk Stoffberg, because of his relation to the death of Rainer Barschel:

Dirk Stoffberg obviously said something of value to the committee investigating the October Surprise, because he was set free for it shortly afterwards. I would like to know, what exactly he said. So I need the report
"October Surprise Allegations and the Circumstances Surrounding the Release of the American Hostages Held in Iran"
(102-0125) 1992.

It's available from the printing office, supposedly, but I did not find an online source. If someone knows, please advise.

I also found a very critical look on the whole story, by Frank Snepp.
http://www.fas.org/irp/congress/1992_cr/h920224-october.htm
Still, the involvement of the German Der Spiegel, and of Ari ben-Menashe and Stoffberg amazes me.

Peace
Carsten

Fascinating thread! Carsten- welcome by the way!- what does this video have to say about Ross Perot? Most of the subject matter above is available all over the net, thankfully. My memory is that Ross Perot got in a bit over his head re. potentially exposing October Surprise and as a result family members were threatened. Then he just disappeared from public view. Anything on this video bear this out?
Dawn

Carsten Wiethoff
08-16-2009, 07:10 PM
Fascinating thread! Carsten- welcome by the way!- what does this video have to say about Ross Perot? Most of the subject matter above is available all over the net, thankfully. My memory is that Ross Perot got in a bit over his head re. potentially exposing October Surprise and as a result family members were threatened. Then he just disappeared from public view. Anything on this video bear this out?
Dawn Dawn,
fascinating indeed.
I did not see the video, nor have I ordered it yet. If someone on the forum has it, I would like to discuss the content.
Carsten

Carsten Wiethoff
08-16-2009, 09:43 PM
How many different people in black operations (South Africa, U.S. or otherwise) named or called „Dirk Stoffberg“ were there actually?
The reason to ask this question are some strange coincidences, some differences in middle initials and at least 3 different dates of death given, mostly in German msm, but also in official texts.
„You only live twice, you only die thrice!“
I definitely know of two candidates: The „real“ Stoffberg and Reiner Jacobi (disputed), alive and well in Australia. So he cannot acount for the different death dates.
I know this from here:

Southern District of Florida, Case Number 91-0220. United States of America vs. Reiner Jacobi, aka Rex Johnson, aka Rolf Gerhard Koenig, aka Reinhard Koenig, aka Dirk F. Stoffberg, aka Herbert Solomon. [emphasis added]
On the other hand

BLUE RIBBON COMMITTEE
SENATE OF THE PHILIPPINES
MANILA

SECOND ( 2ND ) AFFIDAVIT OF DAVID A CHAIKIN

47. The US authorities have deliberately blackened Mr. Jacobi's name by alleging that he has used a number of aliases presumably as a means of escaping justice. In the extradition request of Mr. Jacobi, the U.S. authorities state that Mr. Jacobi's aliases include Rex Johnson, Rolf Koenig, Dirk Stoffberg and Herbert Solomon. [emphasis added]
48. I am informed by Mr. Jacobi and verily believe that he has only used aliases for legitimate purposes. For example: the name Rex Johnson was assigned to Mr. Jacobi by U.S. Customs District Director Ladage, who requested him to undertake a sensitive operation on behalf of the U.S. government. The name Rolf Koenig was assigned to Mr. Jacobi by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration for another operation.

49. The most dishonest claim is that Mr. Jacobi has used the aliases, Dirk Stoffberg and Herbert Solomon. The United States authorities are aware that the so-called alias Mr. Dirk Stoffberg was never used by Mr. Jacobi but that Mr. Stoffberg, a South African arms dealer, used Mr. Jacobi's name as his alias. The background to this matter is that Reiner Jacobi was requested by US Customs to carry out a sting operation against Mr. Stoffberg who was suspected of smuggling nuclear triggering devices to "rogue states", in particular Iraq. Mr. Stoffberg discovered Mr. Jacobi's role in the sting operation and in retaliation then used Mr. Jacobi's name to commit a series of crimes, including threatening a US Customs officer with violence, arms and fraud offences. On 24 April 1991 the United States authorities sought the arrest and extradition of Dirk Stoffberg (aka Reiner Jacobi, Rex Johnson, Ralph Koenig, Herbert Solomon) from Germany in relation to violations of the arms embargo to Chile. Mr. Stoffberg was eventually extradited to the United States and pled guilty to arms violations.

Dirk Stoffberg seems to have used the aliases Reiner Jacobi, Rex Johnson, Ralph Koenig, Herbert Solomon.
Dirk Stoffberg, of October Surprise Fame, is called Dirk Francois Stoffberg by R. Spencer Oliver. The Wall Street Journal calls him „The wonderfully-named Dirk Francois Stoffberg, a former South African Intelligence Agent turned arms dealer” (google that!).

COMMITTEE ON FOREIGN AFFAIRS,
House of Representatives,
Washington, DC, January 10, 1992.
Hon Jack B. Weinstein,
U.S. District Court Judge, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, Brooklyn, NY.
Dear Judge Weinstein: Mr. Dirk Francois Stoffberg has to date provided the House of Representatives Committee on Foreign Affairs with substantial assistance in an on-going investigation. It is expected that this substantial assistance will continue into the future.
In addition, Mr. Stoffberg has offered to have his testimony preserved by deposition. He has also agreed to testify at any open or closed Congressional hearing if and when requested to do so. Our investigation pertains to the question whether the 52 Americans taken captive in Iran were held past the election of 1980 in violation of any U.S. laws. this issue is commonly referred to as the `October Surprise.'
Although Mr. Stoffberg's cooperation may not lead to any criminal action, the information which he has voluntarily provided to us has already been helpful and, to some extent, has been corroborated by other evidence. I would, therefore, request that Mr. Stoffberg's cooperation be taken into consideration by you in the determination of his sentence.
I would be pleased to discuss the matter of Mr. Stoffberg's cooperation with you or your law clerk at any time before Mr. Stoffberg's sentencing.
Sincerely yours,
R. Spencer Oliver,
Chief Counsel.

On the other hand the report from the South African Truth Commission on the murder of Dulcie September lists this Person as one of three suspects:

2. Dirk K. Stoffberg, arms dealer and a SA agent, was also named as the head of the a hit squad (
'Z-Squad Incorporated') operating in Europe. Stoffberg always admitted to knowing details of this
case. He arrived in France two days before the assassination of D.S.
Is this the same Stoffberg?
Note: „The (secret) Truth Commission Files” (google that!) have been originally published on http://www.contrast.org . They are not longer there, but can be found in archive.org.
And I urge you to read the article on Wikipedia (of all places!) on Craig Williamson. Did anyone of the forum members write it? Read the text regarding Abramoff and the IFF.
I will expand on the different death dates (possibly just mistakes) in a later post.

Carsten Wiethoff
09-17-2009, 07:05 PM
By the way, does anybody know the CIA cover name "Rabbi"? I think that a high ranking Mossad officer was called "Rabbi", any more details?

I found out that at least in the literature the code name Rabbi is assigned to a "Ezra ben Ezra" of the Mossad. (Littells The Company mentions that for one).
I have been unable to find anything about anyone of that name, maybe I did not look careful enough.
I did find something about Ezra Gideon, later long term Shin Beth leader, previously hunting down the Munich killers as the head of a hit squad.
No idea, if these names are connected.
Victor Ostrovsky calls the leader of the Mossad Squad involved in the Barschel case "Ran". No idea, if this is "Rabbi".

Help would be appreciated.

Carsten

David Guyatt
09-18-2009, 10:28 AM

How strange to see his spectre gliding along these strange nooks and crannies, where old and new don masks and frenziedly copulate....

Eyes Wide Shut

Eyes Wide Open

Operation Open Eyes

Operation Clear Eyes

A load of horse?

Indeed Jan. Jane Ryder called me after Gunther had shacked up with her in the West Country to ask me to check out for her a psychoactive drug that Gunther had been taking/or was forced to take (can't remember which). I couldn't identify it, although I tried, but the name of the drug was certainly of the psychoactive category.

I always wondered about Malachai Martin and his curious tumble down the stairs of his apartment that led to his death. There was a lot of suspicion that this was murder and not an accident at the time. His novel Windswept House is in the mould of Dennis Wheatley and is chillingly realistic in parts, based as it was (he claimed anyway - his native blarney?) upon actual character and some events he knew and witnessed during him time at the Vatican.

But I'd be more than interested on your take on Martin and Jane - the odd couple.

Carsten Wiethoff
09-18-2009, 11:00 AM
Indeed Jan. Jane Ryder called me after Gunther had shacked up with her in the West Country to ask me to check out for her a psychoactive drug that Gunther had been taking/or was forced to take (can't remember which). I couldn't identify it, although I tried, but the name of the drug was certainly of the psychoactive category.

I always wondered about Malachai Martin and his curious tumble down the stairs of his apartment that led to his death. There was a lot of suspicion that this was murder and not an accident at the time. His novel Windswept House is in the mould of Dennis Wheatley and is chillingly realistic in parts, based as it was (he claimed anyway - his native blarney?) upon actual character and some events he knew and witnessed during him time at the Vatican.

But I'd be more than interested on your take on Martin and Jane - the odd couple.
I am also not so sure any more.
And this whole thing never seizes to amaze me.
David, you say that Jane Ryder called you. Did you know her from before? Did you ever meet her or Russbacher? Do you know Rayelan?
What happened while I was still under my stone?????

Carsten

David Guyatt
09-18-2009, 11:32 AM

I found out that at least in the literature the code name Rabbi is assigned to a "Ezra ben Ezra" of the Mossad. (Littells The Company mentions that for one).
I have been unable to find anything about anyone of that name, maybe I did not look careful enough.
I did find something about Ezra Gideon, later long term Shin Beth leader, previously hunting down the Munich killers as the head of a hit squad.
No idea, if these names are connected.
Victor Ostrovsky calls the leader of the Mossad Squad involved in the Barschel case "Ran". No idea, if this is "Rabbi".

Help would be appreciated.

Carsten

I believe you'll find that the word "Rabbi" is a generic insider term meaning handler.

Carsten Wiethoff
09-18-2009, 04:24 PM
I believe you'll find that the word "Rabbi" is a generic insider term meaning handler.David, do you tell me that the CIA would call any handler "Rabbi" in a telegram to headquarters?
I don't go for that.
My current working hypothesis is that Rabbi is the CIA codeword for Yitzak Hofi (also Jitzhak Chofi or some variation). He was head of the Mossad and Director of Operations in 1978, at the time of Barschels death.
http://correlator.sandbox.yahoo.net/index.php/events/Yitzhak+Hofi
(http://correlator.sandbox.yahoo.net/index.php/events/Yitzhak+Hofi)

Jan Klimkowski
09-18-2009, 09:49 PM

Eyes Wide Shut

Eyes Wide Open

Operation Open Eyes

Operation Clear Eyes

A load of horse?

It's all so tangled.

Jane Ryder and Malachi Martin, of the Vatican Intelligence Service.

Malachi Martin, the uber Exorcist, creator of powerful cultural memes for nefarious ends? Or a truly spiritual psychologist, committed to fighting Evil in this world?

Jane Ryder and Allan Francovich, subversive documentary maker.

Allan Francovich, the force behind the dangerous Gladio documentaries that somehow made it through to broadcast, and the Maltese Double Cross, before he was most probably assassinated.

Jane Ryder and Oswald LeWinter, deep black whistleblower or hoaxer extraordinary?

Oswald LeWinter, with whom Rayelan Russbacher claims to have had the following exchange:

The first thing I said to LeWinter was, "Jane told me that she is a protege of Father Martin. She says he taught her everything she knows."

I was taken aback by the intensity of Le Winter's reply. He angrily and forcefully proclaimed, "That's bullshit, I taught her everything she knows! Malachi's out of the loop. He writes great fiction and that's about all."

I wasn't recording our conversation, so I was scrambling to take shorthand notes as I tried to think of another question. "Why'd she bring him back into the country? Why didn't they just leave Mexico and go back to Europe?"

"Why do you think?" LeWinter asked me.

"I don't know, that's why I asked you." I replied.

"She was ordered to." he answered.

http://www.rumormillnews.com/clyd.htm

Jane Ryder and Gunther Russbacher, self-proclaimed pilot of the SR-71 Blackbird that took George Bush Sr to the crucial October Suprize meeting.

Another excerpt from a Russbacher "biography", where the "beautiful young woman" is Jane Ryder:

The ONI then had (Russbacher) orchestrate the transfer of gold from the Philippines to Austria, returning that country gold Hitler had seized in 1938. This was called Operation White Robe. When he completed it, General Hugh Shelton called Gunter to tell him he was reactivated. But he was sent to an Austrian prison for not paying a hotel bill.

. In Austria, he ended up in a prison hospital where doctors were appalled by the signs of torture he had endured in the US. Austrian psychiatrists claim to have removed his hospital mind control program. When released from the Austrian hospital December 23, 1996, he had a heart transplant . He resurfaced in a New Mexico hospital with heart complications, and with a beautiful young woman who was not his wife. Because he has skipped out on Missouri probation, he was taken to a Los Alamos jail cell covered with fecies and urine.

When he talked to his wife via telephone he seemed, possibly drugged and still under mind control. He was not the same person and did not seem to remember his wife. He did tell her that the young woman met him at the prison door. After a few calls to his wife,. He vanished for a month. He resurfaced in a New Mexico hospital with heart complications, and with a beautiful young woman who was not his wife. Because he has skipped out on Missouri probation, he was taken to a Los Alamos jail cell covered with fecies and urine.

FBI chief William Sessions told his second wife that Russbacher was back at work running intelligence operations for Group 26 (Defense Intelligence Services—not same as DIA ) out of Bristol England. He had a new wife, Jane Ryder, and his father in law was a former MI 6 agent., who freelanced for the CIA and the Vatican Intelligence Service. Allan Frankovich, her former lover who had some intelligence connection)died of a sudden heart attack a few months before Jane and Gunther began to cohabit. Jane, a respected film producer, says that Father Malachi Martin taught her everything she knows. Martin was a former Vatican Jesuit known for an immoral lifestyle who became an important figure in American right-wing circles.

Somehow he ended up in a Los Alamos jail, rational sometimes and a little demented at other times. It is believed that Jane worked for the CIA and induced him to return to the US. He and Jane returned to England the same year and married, a year before his second wife obtained a divorce in the US.

In 1996, Russbacher published a piece on Jonestown in which he claimed it was a government operation and that members of the cult had been subjected to various degrees of mind control. Wesley Baker of the Department of State headed the project. The programming proved less than effective and there was a revolt followed by as massacre. In another article, the Captain said that Congressman Leo Ryan knew Jonestown was a government operation and was concerned that it was out of control. He has also written about how subjects are found for mind contro in Project Open Eyes and about five levels of training. Some public figures have been subjected to mind control, and he thinks they include Bill Clinton, John McCain, and Madeline Albright.

Captain Russbacher wrote that there were seven sleepers in the Branch Davidian compound at Waco, but he did not think their programming was sufficient that they could be triggered to carry out any specific actions. Dr. Chomg Sun Kim of the Stone Mountain facility had programmed them. The Davidian Group had been created with the intention of using it to carry out terrorist actions. For some reason, a Delta Group Force was sent to neut4ralize the seven sleepers only, and something went wrong. Somehow the seven sleepers had been prematurely set off and they were building some kind of nerve gas device for mass destruction. Triggers appear in TV advertisements and in newspapers.

Gunther claimed to have taught mind control at the Life Management Institute outside Waco in the early 60s. He said Mark Phillips and David Koresh were students there.

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/archive.cgi?noframes;read=140976

100% horseshit?

80%?

70%?

A version of Russbacher was definitely in an Austrian prison, because I personally visited him there in 1996. Twice.

In one of those visits, Russbacher told me what he claimed to know about Jonestown. On another, he told me about what he called Operation Open Eyes.

I've also seen credible evidence that Mark Phillips, Cathy O'Brien's handler, was NSA.

Oh what a tangled web we weave....

Carsten Wiethoff
09-19-2009, 03:57 AM
My current working hypothesis is that Rabbi is the CIA codeword for Yitzak Hofi (also Jitzhak Chofi or some variation). He was head of the Mossad and Director of Operations in 1978, at the time of Barschels death.
http://correlator.sandbox.yahoo.net/index.php/events/Yitzhak+Hofi
(http://correlator.sandbox.yahoo.net/index.php/events/Yitzhak+Hofi)

Sorry, I was confused. Barschel died on 10/11 October 1987, not 1978.
At that time the head of the Mossad was Nachum Admoni.
Still not sure about who was "Rabbi".

Carsten Wiethoff
09-19-2009, 04:55 AM
Jane Ryder and Oswald LeWinter, deep black whistleblower or hoaxer extraordinary?

Oswald LeWinter, with whom Rayelan Russbacher claims to have had the following exchange:

The first thing I said to LeWinter was, "Jane told me that she is a protege of Father Martin. She says he taught her everything she knows."

I was taken aback by the intensity of Le Winter's reply. He angrily and forcefully proclaimed, "That's bullshit, I taught her everything she knows! Malachi's out of the loop. He writes great fiction and that's about all."

I wasn't recording our conversation, so I was scrambling to take shorthand notes as I tried to think of another question. "Why'd she bring him back into the country? Why didn't they just leave Mexico and go back to Europe?"

"Why do you think?" LeWinter asked me.

"I don't know, that's why I asked you." I replied.

"She was ordered to." he answered.http://www.rumormillnews.com/clyd.htm

It gets more tangled every minute.
Oswald LeWinter is claimed to have testified under oath before the portuguese parliament that he was a CIA director and that the CIA has killed Olof Palme. I did not reearch that claim yet.

Most likely the death of Alfred Herrhausen and Werner Blessing are also connected to this web, through Barschel and their Publication "Die internationale Verschuldungskrise", published by the Heinrich Dräger Stiftung. The Symposium on which these people spoke, was from 11.-13.11.1985.
Herrhausen was head of Deutsche Bank, when he was killed allegedly by the RAF.
The RAF has long been suspected to be a killer squad for foreign intelligence services.

Carsten

Magda Hassan
09-19-2009, 04:58 AM
Oswald Le Winter is a very interesting person and comes up in many events. I have yet to be sure what he is and who he works for though. There is a lot of disinfo around him and a lot of information also. Walk carefully here.

Carsten Wiethoff
09-19-2009, 05:10 AM
Yeah,
he is also starring on two of Allan Franokvich's films, whereas Jane Ryder coproduced some BBC documentary with Frankovich and is claimed to have had a romantic relation to him. Mata Hari, anyone?
See http://e-zeecon.blogspot.com/2009/02/masonic-verses-part-v.html
for some stuff around Lockerbie etc.
Not checked, not endorsed, proceed at your own risk.

Carsten

Helen Reyes
09-19-2009, 05:49 PM
I seem to remember from the Napa Valley Sentinel that Russbacher had another name as well. Almost the same, and very German.

I checked the NYT article cited and it didn't mean anything to me, just codewords for people and places. I would've guessed temple was an airport in Berlin, lokal was local station chief and rabbi was some sort of head of regional, or airport connection. None of which fits the situation.

The secret supersonic aircraft served more than one purpose. It didn't have seats for secret service agents. Being classified, GHWB could keep the trip off his official record. GHWB never could account for his wherreabouts during the time of the (second?) Paris meeting. Webster Tarpley traces some of the circumstances in his unauthorized George Bush biography. You can find Tarpley's book at http://www.tarpley.net/bushb.htm ...I think he even has a chapter on October Surprise. Wait, no he doesn't. It's probably Chapter 16, Campaign 1980: http://www.tarpley.net/bush16.htm

It fits Bush Sr.'s MO that he'd use his network to go around normal channels for getting to Paris. That network certainly includes Paperclip assets in aerospace. I believe the base for the plane was even classified back then. Forget which base, Dulce or Groom Lake or which.

Bob Gates is definitely a Bush-man and was clearly involved in October Surprise in some capacity. He's one of those inner Bush-men the family gives nicknames, but can't remember his.

All I ever knew about Malachi Martin was the stuff he used to do on Art Bell. He promised to reveal the last secret of Fatima or something. I think Bell said it something generic like "Fire everywhere." I knew Malachi's death caused a stir among the Art Bell team/community. In my mind it roughly corresponds to Heaven's Gate, although I guess Malachi was a little later.

The SEAL mind control techniques sound a lot like what happened to Long John Nebel's girlfriend Candy Jones, former Miss New Jersey, who was sent to Hong Kong on an assassination iirc. She was roughly based near Massachusetts, in the Newark/New York area.

The Control of Candy Jones
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candy_Jones

The Control of Candy Jones (1976) byline Donald Bain
http://www.donaldbain.com/the_cia_s_control_of_candy_jones_2921.htm

It sounds like the person whose death you're interested in simply got bumped off for not playing Iran/Contra and for knowing too much about it. Stupid stuff. Like Napoleon destroying a castle because it gave him the willies, just a total waste.

Dirk Stoffenberg sounds like a cut-out identity used by multiple people. Based on the surname von Stoffenberg of WWII perhaps. Francois could be a French agent using the name I suppose. btw the initials of the victim and the perp are the same in in the Truth and Reconciliation comish hearing cited. Dulcie September or something and Dirk S.

Hope something in there helps. Your victim might've believed he was dealing with East Germans but was in fact dealing with CIA. Hard to say. Maybe both at once.

Carsten Wiethoff
09-20-2009, 06:58 AM
Dirk Stoffenberg sounds like a cut-out identity used by multiple people. Based on the surname von Stoffenberg of WWII perhaps. Francois could be a French agent using the name I suppose. btw the initials of the victim and the perp are the same in in the Truth and Reconciliation comish hearing cited. Dulcie September or something and Dirk S.

Hope something in there helps. Your victim might've believed he was dealing with East Germans but was in fact dealing with CIA. Hard to say. Maybe both at once.
Helen, thanks for your input.
Regarding Dirk Stoffberg, I definitely disagree with you. Dirk Stoffberg was initially South African SIS, later probably forced to work for CIA. He was last married to his seventh wife, Susanne, who was a German. Supposedly at that time Stoffberg was living under a false German name in Frankfurt/Main, from where he flew to Geneva two days before Barschel died. Earlier Stoffberg had been extradited under the charge by US "justice" from Germany to the US. The charge was trying to sell 1000 handguns to a sting man. Shock horror, a man arranging weapons deals in the billions with Iran, was selling 1000 handguns. This is what I call trumped up false charges.
Allegedly the sting man that set him up was Tom/Thomas Sunde, the man later fingered by Stoffberg as the hit man on Barschel. This is what I call revenge.

Graf Stauffenberg of WWII is a different thing. More later.

Edit: Correction: I don't know that Sunde set up Stoffberg for extradition. I do know that Sunde tried to do that with Reiner Jacobi, also a very interesting man currently living in Australia. Jacobi was able to resist, with the help of his lawyer.
Thomas Sunde is another interesting man.
This reminds my of the story of Ari ben-Menashe as told in "Profits of War", which I am currently reading. I ordered it from amazon.com. This should be required reading in every history class covering the 20th century.
Carsten

Carsten Wiethoff
09-21-2009, 08:07 AM
That case really deserves a thread of its own. Thanks again, Helen, for bringing it up.
The "doctor" who treated her was obviously this one: (from NYTimes)
William S. Kroger, 89, Pioneer In Use of Hypnosis as Treatment

By ROBERT McG. THOMAS Jr.

Published: Thursday, December 7, 1995

Dr. William S. Kroger, a pioneer and longtime champion of the medical uses of hypnosis, died on Monday at Cedars Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles. He was 89 and lived in Los Angeles.
A native of Chicago who obtained his medical training at Northwestern University, Dr. Kroger specialized in obstetrics, gynecology and endocrinology until he became intrigued by the psychosomatic causes of many illnesses he encountered.
This, in turn, led him to become a psychiatrist and to use hypnosis to deal with the psychological components of many disorders, particularly the pain of child birth.
At a time when hypnosis was regarded as little more than a potentially dangerous parlor trick, Dr. Kroger's extensive writings and demonstrations gradually won the confidence of the medical establishment.
In one of his most dramatic demonstrations, captured on movie film, he removed a woman's thyroid gland while using hypnosis as the sole anesthesia. Upon being awakened after the surgery, the woman is seen getting up from the operating table and walking to her room.
Partly as a result of Dr. Kroger's efforts, the American Medical Association embraced a limited use of hypnosis in 1958, declaring it a valid therapeutic modality when used by properly trained physicians.
Dr. Kroger, who taught at the University of Illinois and the University of Chicago in the 1940's and 1950's, later moved to California, where he used hypnosis to help law-enforcement agencies.
In one of his most dramatic successes, he used hypnosis in 1977 to help a school bus driver in Chowchilla, Calif., remember all but one digit of the license plate of a van used by three men who had abducted the driver and 26 children and buried them in a moving van 100 miles away. The information helped the Federal Bureau of Investigation identify and track down the kidnappers.
Dr. Kroger is survived by his wife, Jimmy Louise; three daughters, Carol Kroger and Lisa Robin Eitani of Los Angeles and Debra Sue Lesser of Cresskill, N.J.; a son, William Jr., of Los Angeles, and four grandchildren.

Carsten Wiethoff
09-21-2009, 08:14 AM
Bob Gates is definitely a Bush-man and was clearly involved in October Surprise in some capacity. He's one of those inner Bush-men the family gives nicknames, but can't remember his.

Is there any chance in hell that it was Spider Man?
Or did anybody ever hear that nickname/codename in relation to Iran-Contra/arms dealing/assassination?

Dirk Stoffberg mentions it in the papers from the Lübeck Staatsanwaltschaft on Barschel.

Carsten

Jan Klimkowski
09-21-2009, 05:27 PM
That case really deserves a thread of its own. Thanks again, Helen, for bringing it up.
The "doctor" who treated her was obviously this one: (from NYTimes)
William S. Kroger, 89, Pioneer In Use of Hypnosis as Treatment

Hi Carsten - what's your source for Kroger being "Marshall Burger" or "Gilbert Jensen" - the shrinks who allegedly programmed Candy Jones?

Carsten Wiethoff
09-21-2009, 06:37 PM
Jan, you will laugh out loud.
Its Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candy_Jones).

During a lengthy United Service Organizations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Service_Organizations) (USO) tour in the Philippines (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippines), Jones fell ill in 1945, and was treated by a doctor who was still alive when Candy publicised her mind-control claims; Donald Bain gave this doctor the pseudonym (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudonym) "Gilbert Jensen". According to researcher Martin Cannon, who interviewed Jones before she died in 1990, the "Marshall Burger" pseudonym in Bain's book who worked with Jensen on the Jones case was actually Dr. William Kroger.

Jan Klimkowski
09-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Jan, you will laugh out loud.
Its Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candy_Jones).

During a lengthy United Service Organizations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Service_Organizations) (USO) tour in the Philippines (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippines), Jones fell ill in 1945, and was treated by a doctor who was still alive when Candy publicised her mind-control claims; Donald Bain gave this doctor the pseudonym (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudonym) "Gilbert Jensen". According to researcher Martin Cannon, who interviewed Jones before she died in 1990, the "Marshall Burger" pseudonym in Bain's book who worked with Jensen on the Jones case was actually Dr. William Kroger.

:rofl: :top:

Actually, my source is Martin Cannon, and his source is - essentially, the research notes of John Marks, who did not identify Kroger in his Search for the Manchurian Candidate.

Cannon's unpublished manuscript is well worth reading in its entirety. His analysis of the Candy Jones case is below:

I refer to the case of Candy Jones.

Her story has filled at least one book 114 and ought, one day, to give rise to another. Obviously, I cannot here give all the details of this fascinating and frightening narrative. But a precis is mandatory.

Ms. Jones (born Jessica Wilcox) achieved star status as a model during World War II, and later established her own modelling agency. An FBI man requested her to allow her place of business to be used as a "mail drop" for the Bureau and "another government agency" (presumably, the CIA); Candy, deeply patriotic, accepted the proposition gladly. Toiling on the fringes of the clandestine world, Candy eventually came into contact with a "Dr. Gilbert Jensen," who worked, in turn, with a "Dr. Marshall Burger." (Both names are pseudonyms.) Unknown to her, these doctors had been employed as "spy-chiatrists" by the CIA. Using a job interview as a cover, Jensen induced hypnosis, found Candy to be a particularly responsive subject - and proceeded to use her as other scientists would use a rhesus monkey. She became a test subject for the CIA's mind control program.

Her job - insofar as it is known - was to provide a clandestine courier service.115 Estabrooks had outlined the basic idea years earlier: Induce hypnosis via a disguised technique, give the messenger information to memorize, hypnotically "erase" the message from conscious memory, and install a post-hypnotic suggestion that the message (now buried within the sub-conscious) will be brought forth only upon a specific cue. If the hypnotist can create such a courier, ultra-security can be guaranteed; even torture won't cause the messenger to tell what he knows - because he doesn't know that he knows it.116 According to the highly respected Dr. Milton Kline, "Evidence really does exist that has not been published" proving that Estabrooks' perfect secret agent could be successfully evoked.117

Candy was one such success story. Success, in this context, means that she could be - and was - brutally tortured and abused while running assignments for the CIA. All the MKULTRA toys were brought into play: hypnosis, drugs, conditioning - and electronics. Using these devices, Jensen and Burger managed to:

install a "duplicate personality,"
create amnesia of both the programming sessions and the field assignments,
turn Candy into a vicious, hate-mongering bigot, the better to isolate her from the rest of humanity (previously, her associates considered her noteworthy for her racial tolerance; her modelling agency was one of the first to break the color barrier), and
program her to commit suicide at the end of her usefulness to the Agency.
The programming techniques used on her were flawed. She breached security when she married famed New York radio personality John Nebel,118 who, using hypnotic regression, elicited the long-repressed truth. Eventually, the "Other Candy" was bade farewell, and the programming broken.

Skeptics might find Candy's story as incredible as the abduction accounts - after all, an amateur had conducted her hypnotic regression, and the possibility of confabulation always lurks. Nevertheless, I feel that the veracity of her narrative has been established beyond reasonable doubt. In her hypnotic regression sessions, she recalled being programmed at a government-connected institute in northern California - which, as John Marks' investigators later proved, was indeed heavily involved with government-funded brainwashing research.119 Marks himself believes Candy's story - not least, because the details of the programming methods used on her were substantiated by documents released AFTER her book was published.120 Interviews with Milton Kline, Dr. Frances Jakes, John Watkins and others provided the testimony that the programming of Candy Jones was feasible - and Deep Trance substantiated the story.121

Recently, the case has received important "indirect" confirmation: Investigators interested in follow-up research have filed FOIA requests with the CIA for all papers relating to Candy Jones. The agency admits that it has a substantial file on her, but refuses to release any part of it. If her tale is false, then why would the CIA be so reluctant to deliver the information? Indeed, why would they have a file in the first place?122

The final confirmation of Candy's tale requires a revelation - one which I make with some trepidation, even though the individual named is dead.

"Marshall Burger" was really Dr. William Kroger.123

Kroger, long associated with the espionage establishment, had written the following in 1963:

...a good subject can be hypnotized to deliver secret information. The memory of this message could be covered by an artificially induced amnesia. In the event that he should be captured, he naturally could not remember that he had ever been given the message... however, since he had been given a post-hypnotic suggestion, the message would be subject to recall through a specific cue.124

If Candy confabulated her story, why did she name this particualr scientist, who, writing theoretically in 1963, predicted the subsequent events in her life?[125]

After l'affair Jones, Kroger transferred his base of operations to UCLA - specifically, to the Neuropsychiatric Institute run by Dr. Louis Jolyon West, an MKULTRA veteran. There he wrote HYPNOSIS AND BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION,126 with a preface by Martin Orne (another MKULTRA veteran) and H.J. Eysenck (still another MKULTRA veteran). The finale of this opus contains chilling hints of the possibilites inherent in combining hypnosis with ESB, implants, and conditioning - though Kroger is careful to point out that "we are not concerned that man might be conditioned by rewards and punishments through electronic brain stimulation to be controlled like robots."127 HE may not be concerned - but perhaps WE ought to be.

The control of Candy Jones gives us much information useful to our "alien abduction" hypothesis.

Her torture sessions - inflicted during her programming by her CIA masters, and on missions by as-yet mysterious persons - seem strikingly like the otherwise senselessly painful "examinations" allegedly conducted aboard alien spacecraft.
Her personality shifts roughly parallel those experienced by certain UFO abductees.
Despite her brutalization, she remained "loyal" to Drs. Jensen and Burger. This bewildering behavior reminds me of my first abductee interviews, during which I heard ghastly descriptions of UFO torture sessions - followed by protestations of limitless love for the alien pain-mongers.
Like many abductees, Candy had to attend regular "conditioning" sessions. Repeated exposure to the programming is necessary to effect continuous control.
To maintain their hammerlock on her mind, Candy's handlers programmed her to remain isolated. Specifically, they instilled a deep paranoia toward other human beings; "outsiders" were probable enemies, out to use or abuse her. I have seen this pattern consistently in my own work with abductees.128 Skeptics would argue that unreasonable abductee fears probably indicate paranoid schizophrenia - one symptom of which can, indeed, be hallucinatory experiences. But most abductees are easily hypnotized, while paranoid schizophrenics are extremely difficult to "put under," according to Dr. Edward Simpson- Kallas, a psychiatrist with wide experience in the area of forensic hypnosis.129 If, however, those unreasonable fears had been hypnotically induced, the contradiction is resolved.
Candy was the product of an unhappy childhood, hence her propensity toward multiple personality.130 Many of the "repeater" abductees I have interviewed had similarly depressing family histories.131
The story of Candy Jones also has what we might call a "negative relevance" to the abduction accounts. Because the Controllers did not establish a hypnotic cover story, or pseudomemory, the true facts of the case managed to percolate into her conscious mind. No matter how thorough the posthypnotic amnesia, leaks will occur - hence the need for a false memory, to fill the gap of recollection. The CIA learns from its mistakes. Candy's hypno-programming broke down in early 1973 - the year the "alien disguise" became (if my hypothesis proves correct) standard operating procedure.132 (Milton Kline accepted the Candy Jones story, but considered the job amateurish and inconsistent with the best work done at that time.133 Perhaps the major fault was the lack of a pseudomemory cover story?)

114. Donald Bain, THE CONTROL OF CANDY JONES (Chicago, Playboy Press, 1976).

115. The use of hypnotized couriers in warfare goes back to the 19th century.

116. Estabrooks, HYPNOTISM, 193-214.

117. John Marks interview with Milton Kline, December 22, 1977 (Marks files). In another interview, Professor Clare Young (a colleague of Estabrooks' at Colgate University) confirmed that Estabrooks' hypnosis work for the government has never been published.

118. Or could her marriage have been part of the program? "Long John," as he was popularly known, was famous in UFO circles, and had provided a forum for such early-day contactees as Howard Menger. He also knew Jackie Gleason, a prominent (if unlikely) name in the "crashed disc" rumor vaults. Could Candy have been assigned to discover what Nebel knew?

119. Marks files. John Marks did excellent work on the Candy Jones story; he erred - almost unforgivably - on the side of conservatism when he refused to include information about this incident in his book. I know the name of the institute involved; however, since Candy saw fit to keep this aspect of her story secret (probably for sound legal reasons), I shall follow her lead.

120. Scheflin and Opton, THE MIND MANIPULATORS, 446-447.

121. Interviews, Marks files. One of Marks' informants offered the interesting speculation that Candy's torture sessions were not conducted in the field, but in the lab - her entire mission might have been a hypno-programmed fantasy.

122. The information about Candy's CIA files stems from a telephone interview with Candy Jones. A problem looms here: CIA cover stories unravel like the skin of an onion; once you remove the outer layer, the next lie is revealed. In the case of Candy Jones, the substrata of buncombe involves allegations that she WILLINGLY complied with the CIA, and used Jensen's hypnosis experiments as a rationalization for her compliance. Such is the explanation offered by certain of Marks' informants; alas, Opton and Scheflin seem to have bought this line. Anyone familiar with the vile acts of self-degradation to which Candy's programmers subjected her will laugh this story out of court. No one, short of a severely psychotic masochist, would willingly undergo what she went through.

123. Marks files.

124. William Kroger, CLINICAL AND EXPERIMENTAL HYPNOSIS (Philadelphia: Lippincott, 1963), 299.

125. Recently, ufologist Jim Moseley, an acquaintance of Candy's, has claimed that an unidentified source on Nebel's "inner circle" once, off-the-record, pronounced Candy's story "a crock." This assertion deserves careful and respectful consideration. Still, Moseley won't identify his source, and we have no way of telling if this insider spoke from instinct or certain knowledge, or indeed, what he really meant. Did he feel Candy was fantasizing or fibbing? If the former, why did her hallucinations match details of MKULTRA released only after publication of her book? If the latter, how are we to explain the many hypnotic regression tapes, at least some of which were made available to outside investigators? (Fairly elaborate, for a hoax.) In any case, how could Candy have known the fact (confirmed by Marks' associates) that Kroger taught "Jensen" at a certain West-coast institute? Why, if the story was "a crock," would Candy risk libel suits by naming - to associates and investigators, if not to the general public - real-life hypnotherapists? All in all, I would suggest that Moseley's "insider" was speaking glibly, and did not know the true facts.

126. Philadelphia, Lippincott, 1976.

127. Ibid., 415.

128. Similar paranoid outbreaks led to the dissolution of Dr. Richard Neal's UFO abductee group in Los Angeles, according to a phone interview I had with Dr. Neal.

129. Affidavit of Dr. Simpson-Kallas in the case of Sirhan-Sirhan, 1973; see Bowart, OPERATION MIND CONTROL, 225.

130. All true MPs have experienced some form of abuse or trauma, psychological or physical, during childhood.

131. One was ritually abused in an occult setting. If I were a "spy-chiatrist" scouting potential fodder for mind control experiments, I would seek out abused children from military families. (A military background would ensure that the "right" doctor gets access to the child.) Abduction researchers should look for such a pattern.

132. I refer here to the vast upsurge in alien abductions which took place that year; see generally Kevin Randle, THE OCTOBER SCENARIO (Middle Coast, 1988). Of course, abductions (or, according to my hypothesis, disguised mind control operations) occurred previous to this year.

133. John Marks interview with Milton Kline, December 22, 1977 (Marks files).

http://www.constitution.org/abus/controll.htm

Helen Reyes
09-23-2009, 04:26 PM
118. Or could her marriage have been part of the program? "Long John," as he was popularly known, was famous in UFO circles, and had provided a forum for such early-day contactees as Howard Menger. He also knew Jackie Gleason, a prominent (if unlikely) name in the "crashed disc" rumor vaults. Could Candy have been assigned to discover what Nebel knew?

The problem here is that CIA could expect Nebel to pick and pry. Nebel was very sceptical, more so than Art Bell, who sort of modelled himself on Nebel and is a fan, I believe.

http://otrshareandtrade.com/shares/otrplus/charles/otr/Long%20John%20Nebel%20Show/

I guess the chances are pretty slim that Candy's unnamed institution in Northern California was the same place George Moscone earmarked for debriefing the Jonestown massacre survivors. SF Board of Supervisors gets up to some pretty clandestine stuff though. NSA listening posts in downtown SF, secret seed vaults... Not to mention the Bohemian and Commonwealth Clubs.

Magda Hassan
11-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Mossad accused over 1987 death of German politician

DEREK SCALLY in Berlin
ISRAEL’S MOSSAD secret service has been accused of involvement in the unsolved death of German politician Uwe Barschel in October 1987.
Mr Barschel’s lifeless body was found in the bath of a Geneva hotel just weeks after the state governor was forced out of office in disgrace.
A postmortem revealed a lethal dose of barbiturates in his system, leading to the assumption that the politician had killed himself.
However, one of the toxicologists involved in the case says he has new evidence suggesting that Mr Barschel was force-fed a sophisticated cocktail of drugs.
“The chemical results indicate a murder,” said Dr Hans Brandenberger to Welt am Sonntag newspaper.
“Due to the complexity of the murder scene, a professional team that was at work, not a single person.”
The claim has revived claims that Mr Barschel was murdered by Mossad because he threatened to go public about an alleged illegal sale to Iran by Israel of military aircraft, a deal reportedly funnelled through Germany.
Mr Barschel was the influential governor of Germany’s northernmost state, Schleswig-Holstein when he was forced from office at the end of September 1987.
The Christian Democrat (CDU) politician had denied involvement in a dirt-digging campaign against his Social Democrat (SPD) rival during a recent state election, but had to go when incriminating evidence emerged of his involvement.
On October 11th, 1987, his body was found in a bath of icy water in room 317 of Geneva’s “Beau-Rivage” hotel. Swiss police ruled the death a suicide, but doubts about that version events soon began to emerge.
The crime scene was contaminated, fingerprints and photographs of the hotel room were useless and Basler Zeitung daily, citing “very reliable information”, claimed that Bonn had told Swiss authorities “it would be in everyone’s interest if the case could be classified as suicide”.
Twenty-three years on, doubts persist about the official version of events.
German newspapers suggest Mr Barschel was a bit-player in the Iran-Contra scandal and that, at the time he died, Geneva was crawling with agents from several secret services.
A fresh investigation was opened into the case in June 1998 but was put on ice nine years later when no definitive evidence to prove either the murder or suicide theories.
Dr Brandenberger’s new evidence is based on fresh computer analysis of the 1987 autopsy results.
His attention was caught by a fast-working sleeping agent, Noludar, found barely metabolised in Mr Barschle’s system.
“It borders on certain that Barschle was given Noludar shortly before his death through the rectum,” said Dr Brandenberger, at which point the politician was already unconscious.
The toxicologist’s claim are backed up in a report by rogue Mossad agent Viktor Ostrovsky. In a 1994 book, he claimed that Mr Barschle was given drugged wine before a Mossad team pumped a cocktail of drugs via a tube into this stomach.
To boost the drugs’ effect, he wrote, a hypnotic suppository was administered. The German toxicologist said he was unaware of the 1994 book until approached by Welt am Sonntag .

David Guyatt
11-22-2010, 01:07 PM
A postmortem revealed a lethal dose of barbiturates in his system, leading to the assumption that the politician had killed himself.

Purely coincidence naturally but:

Joseph Daniel Casolaro (June 16, 1947–August 10, 1991) was an American freelance writer who came to public attention in 1991 when he was found dead in a bathtub in room 517 of the Sheraton Hotel in Martinsburg, West Virginia, ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Casolaro)

And:

Police are investigating the murder of a man believed to be a British spy, who was found dead in a sports bag in the bath of a flat near to MI6 headquarters in central London. (http://www.metro.co.uk/news/839005-mi6-spy-found-dead-in-bath-in-london-flat)

Dangerous things baths.

Carsten Wiethoff
11-22-2010, 01:10 PM
Thanks Magda for posting this.

Before I continue, an apolgy: Due to some unexplained effect in my head I had the first name of Mr. Barschel wrong, when this thread was started. The correct first name has always been Uwe.

For people who read German here is the article in "Welt am Sonntag" which contains the claims by Prof. Brandenberger.
http://www.welt.de/politik/deutschland/article11107132/Das-Gutachten-im-Fall-Barschel.html

Also, for people interested, Victor Ostrovsky's book "The other side of deception" is on scribd here (http://www.scribd.com/doc/13594260/The-Other-Side-of-Deception-Former-Israeli-Spy-Reveals-Mossads-Secret-Agenda). The decription of Barschel's death begins on page 232.

Albert Doyle
11-22-2010, 04:40 PM
The black hand of the shadow government appears again.

Funny how Jimi Hendrix and Barschel were both found fully-clothed and dead from causes of death where being fully-clothed doesn't make sense.

This is why CIA needs to be destroyed. It's either them or us at this point. Time for the teeth of democracy to bare themselves and show what they were designed for.

Jan Klimkowski
11-22-2010, 05:54 PM
Dangerous things baths.

I suspect there's a social hierarchy at work here.

Street drug dealers use toilets to flush the evidence away.

Intelligence wet squads use baths.....

:vroam: