• Site Security Warnings

Since installing a site SSL certificate on 17th January 2011 a number of users have reported 'Security Warnings' popping up when accessing the site.

The cause of this is the Social networking functionality that is also installed, especially for Facebook. This functionality causes browsers with tight security setting to report the site as containing some 'non-authorised' content - ie content not covered by the site SSL Certificate. The following is a solution for MS Internet Explorer. Other browsers may require broadly similar setting adjustment:

There is an MS security setting which, by default is set to "Prompt" . It must be changed to 'Allow'

1. Select Tools > Internet Options> Security
    2. Make sure the left-hand 'Internet' icon in to top box is selected.
    3. Click 'Custom level' in the lower box.
    4. Move the right-hand scroll-bar to slightly over half-way down to find an option labelled "Display Mixed Content"
    5. By default the 'Prompt' radio button will be selected - CHANGE IT TO "Enable".
    6. Click 'OK' > 'OK'
    Comments 3 Comments
      Keith Millea -
      Peter,
      I would just add this for the first line regarding my IE:

Select tools>internet options>Security

Thanks Again!
      Peter Presland -
      Quote Originally Posted by Keith Millea View Post
      Peter,
      I would just add this for the first line regarding my IE:

Select tools>internet options>Security

Thanks Again!
      Thanks Keith. Done.

Peter P
      Ed Jewett -
      Yes, in my Firefox browser set for Google, I get a graphic of a tiny little red exclamation point over a padlock. Unless it is doing some damage, I am likely to leave it there as a tickle of my anti-authoritarian funny bone: you are entering a zone which has politically dangerous unapproved content -- pdac -- which reminds me that I am pretty damned unhappy about this country. I'm pretty sure I'm on all the appropriate lists by now anyway.

http://developersquest.files.wordpre...png?w=270&h=89