Results 1 to 10 of 419

Thread: Mary's Mosaic: Entering Peter Janney's World of Fantasy

Hybrid View

  1. Default Mary's Mosaic: Entering Peter Janney's World of Fantasy





    http://www.ctka.net/reviews/Pease_Janney_Mary's_Mosaic.html


    I didn't want to put Lisa's wonderful critique in that other thread since that was like "Waiting for Godot" over there. A lot of insinuation and finger pointing and anticipation before the fact. So the link is above.

    Well here is the real thing and she does a nice job on this farceur Janney.

    But this is only the half of it. This guy is such an illusionist it takes two installments to expose all of his cheap tricks. Suffice it to say I am working on part 2 right now.

    I really think this is the worst book since Ultimate Sacrifice. And that is saying something.
    Last edited by Jim DiEugenio; 06-26-2012 at 11:43 PM.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim DiEugenio View Post




    http://www.ctka.net/reviews/Pease_Janney_Mary's_Mosaic.html


    I didn't want to put Lisa's wonderful critique in that other thread since that was like "Waiting for Godot" over there. A lot of insinuation and finger pointing and anticipation before the fact. So the link is above.

    Well here is the real thing and she does a nice job on this farceur Janney.

    But this is only the half of it. This guy is such an illusionist it takes two installments to expose all of his cheap tricks. Suffice it to say I am working on part 2 right now.

    I really think this is the worst book since Ultimate Sacrifice. And that is saying something.
    Look out chief there's a few Janney fans around here. This is much welcome Cool-Aid.
    "In the Kennedy assassination we must be careful of running off into the ether of our own imaginations." Carl Ogelsby circa 1992

  3. Default

    A few Janney fans??

    What? Hard to believe. This guy's book is as phony as a 3 dollar bill. Or to put it another way, its as fake as Ultimate Sacrifice.

    And it begins in the first chapter.

    But like I said Lisa can only get so much of this in one installment. I am working on part 2. It takes that many pages to expose all the cheap tricks in this book.

    These are precisely the kind of books we don't need heading into next year. Nothing but a useless and unfounded diversion.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim DiEugenio View Post
    A few Janney fans??

    What? Hard to believe. This guy's book is as phony as a 3 dollar bill. Or to put it another way, its as fake as Ultimate Sacrifice.

    And it begins in the first chapter.

    But like I said Lisa can only get so much of this in one installment. I am working on part 2. It takes that many pages to expose all the cheap tricks in this book.

    These are precisely the kind of books we don't need heading into next year. Nothing but a useless and unfounded diversion.
    I'm just grateful for the cavalry lol.
    "In the Kennedy assassination we must be careful of running off into the ether of our own imaginations." Carl Ogelsby circa 1992

  5. Default

    There's more coming.

    I actually thought that although Lisa's essay was her usual sharp and informed self, she was a little soft on him.

    Do you know what this guy does in his portrait of the young JFK?

    He actually uses the Collier and Horowitz book. Now that is bad enough. But yet, it now gets worse.

    He actually pulls a quote to show how shallow and self centered he was, and what an empty playboy he was at heart. Do you know who that person is that he uses to tell us this?

    Priscilla Johnson.

    So in other words, in Janney's world, you cannot trust the CIA and Washington Post about Mary Meyer.

    But you can trust them about John Kennedy. Its all part of the overall scheme (scam) of the book which is very clear if you understand what he is up to. That is if you have done your homework on this anti-Kennedy genre. Which I have. So I understood it fairly early.

    And man, Gregory Douglass? A proven liar and forger. How low can you go? In this case, pretty low.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim DiEugenio View Post
    There's more coming.

    I actually thought that although Lisa's essay was her usual sharp and informed self, she was a little soft on him.

    Do you know what this guy does in his portrait of the young JFK?

    He actually uses the Collier and Horowitz book. Now that is bad enough. But yet, it now gets worse.

    He actually pulls a quote to show how shallow and self centered he was, and what an empty playboy he was at heart. Do you know who that person is that he uses to tell us this?

    Priscilla Johnson.

    So in other words, in Janney's world, you cannot trust the CIA and Washington Post about Mary Meyer.

    But you can trust them about John Kennedy. Its all part of the overall scheme (scam) of the book which is very clear if you understand what he is up to. That is if you have done your homework on this anti-Kennedy genre. Which I have. So I understood it fairly early.

    And man, Gregory Douglass? A proven liar and forger. How low can you go? In this case, pretty low.
    Douglas and Priscilla Johnson, Horowitz and Collier. That's an impressive list of sources to avoid!
    "In the Kennedy assassination we must be careful of running off into the ether of our own imaginations." Carl Ogelsby circa 1992

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim DiEugenio View Post




    http://www.ctka.net/reviews/Pease_Janney_Mary's_Mosaic.html


    I didn't want to put Lisa's wonderful critique in that other thread since that was like "Waiting for Godot" over there. A lot of insinuation and finger pointing and anticipation before the fact. So the link is above.

    Well here is the real thing and she does a nice job on this farceur Janney.

    But this is only the half of it. This guy is such an illusionist it takes two installments to expose all of his cheap tricks. Suffice it to say I am working on part 2 right now.

    I really think this is the worst book since Ultimate Sacrifice. And that is saying something.
    Lots of food for thought here. Really good review that has changed my mind about getting this book. I had read in other reviews about some of the speculation but this review delivers the detail that can change minds. I think Janney may have been too close to the subject matter to allow for any objectivity. He may also not be familiar with discredited sources like "Douglas." (I had my own go around with him several years back over the fake Lisa story. He lied to me as well. ). I wonder how much- if at all- Janey has even studied the assassination of JFK.

    I might add this review makes me think Crump DID do it.

    Great job, Lisa. You just saved me some time and money.

    Dawn

  8. Default

    Dawn:

    This is something I am going to bring up in my part 2.

    I really think, after reading the book carefully, that Janney fell in love with Mary Meyer. He became infatuated with her. And you can't really do that if you are writing a book that is part biography.

    See, there is a difference between doing a lot of work on someone, and then admiring what they did for their tangible achievements e.g. Jim Garrison, JFK, RFK.

    But I think Janney became infatuated with Mary Meyer at an early age. And this book is the result of that early infatuation. Because he attributes stuff to her that there is no credible evidence that she did. Which is why he has to use people like Douglas, Morrow, Leary, that whole sorry crew that make up his footnotes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •