Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2229303132333435 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 415

Thread: Mary's Mosaic: Entering Peter Janney's World of Fantasy

  1. Default

    Because to me, that is all that it seems that Damore had.

    I mean if he really did have what he said he did, then the whole thing about his book agent would not have happened the way it did. I mean if he really had what he said he did, as I said in my review, then all kinds of security precautions would have been taken with the material.

    Also, Janney's book would not have ended up as it did. I mean so vapid and lacking in substance. So much of it just assumed.

    And I agree about what Damore did to Ted Kennedy. I thought that was a real hatchet job.

    Can I ask you this: What got Damore started on the whole MM story? And did he once ask John Davis to co write it?

  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim DiEugenio View Post
    Because to me, that is all that it seems that Damore had.

    I mean if he really did have what he said he did, then the whole thing about his book agent would not have happened the way it did. I mean if he really had what he said he did, as I said in my review, then all kinds of security precautions would have been taken with the material.

    Also, Janney's book would not have ended up as it did. I mean so vapid and lacking in substance. So much of it just assumed.

    And I agree about what Damore did to Ted Kennedy. I thought that was a real hatchet job.

    Can I ask you this: What got Damore started on the whole MM story? And did he once ask John Davis to co write it?
    It seems to have started after Leo's 'Larry King' interview, after being 'embraced' by the right for being a Kennedy attack dog. 'SP' was selling well, and through the Pinchot murder, Leo saw a way to portray 'Caligula's Court' (read:Camelot) in an even more seamy light. The 'New Times' article by Rosenbaum/Nobile was a catalyst, as well as a hefty advance from Ms. Goldberg, which she never recovered.

    It was Leo's son who had first contacted John Davis, and who, at first, acted as an intermediary for me, but things went south between Chuck Damore and myself, hence the lawsuit that never occurred (after finding out how much Leo was in debt for, it was dropped).

    So then, Davis' agent, Marianne Strong, drew up a contract between us and they both visited me in Washington to peruse "Leo's vault". We were also working with Myrna Firestone, who was trying to write a book about Mary at the time. John & I also spent a while talking to Pierre Salinger, who was then busy with that TWA Flight 800 tragedy. Hope this fills in some gaps for you, Jim.
    Last edited by Mark A. O'Blazney; 10-23-2015 at 04:46 PM.

  3. #313

    Default

    Did someone post "Rosenbaum". He quotes Dovey Roundtree (page 7) in the late 1970's knowing less then, than experts posting on this thread with such conviction. She speculates that the actual murderer may have been an ex-boyfriend!
    Peter Janney's uncle was Frank Pace, chairman of General Dynamics who enlisted law partners Roswell Gilpatric and Luce's brother-in-law, Maurice "Tex" Moore, in a trade of 16 percent of Gen. Dyn. stock in exchange for Henry Crown and his Material Service Corp. of Chicago, headed by Byfield's Sherman Hotel group's Pat Hoy. The Crown family and partner Conrad Hilton next benefitted from TFX, at the time, the most costly military contract award in the history of the world. Obama was sponsored by the Crowns and Pritzkers. So was Albert Jenner Peter Janney has preferred to write of an imaginary CIA assassination of his surrogate mother, Mary Meyer, but not a word about his Uncle Frank.

  4. Default

    So Mark:

    I assume Davis entered the picture after Damore's death.

    What happened with him and his participation?

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim DiEugenio View Post
    So Mark:

    I assume Davis entered the picture after Damore's death.

    What happened with him and his participation?
    Gosh, Jim, didn't you read Mary's Mosaic ? He said he wanted to live. I say he was just fat and lazy, like Heymann. We talked about the Mob more than anything. Did you know the Gottis used him as an expert witness in court regarding 'all things family' ? Just as a coroner would be called to the stand to give testimony.

    John Davis just faded away, Jim. We said the Our Father/Hail Mary over the phone together the day John Junior died, but after that, not much communicating. His last book on his cousin Jackie was OK, though.

  6. Default

    Mark,

    As you can tell from my review, I did read Mary's Mosaic.

    I just don't believe very much of it.

    Which is why I am asking you.

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim DiEugenio View Post
    Mark,

    As you can tell from my review, I did read Mary's Mosaic.

    I just don't believe very much of it.

    Which is why I am asking you.
    Just being my usual tongue-in-cheek self, Jim.

    It's hard to tell if Davis' "Because I want to live" line in the book is not unlike Heymann's "The same sons of bitches that Killed Kennedy". Nina did not believe that last one, if you recall from the old Ed. Forum thread, but hey, since I mentioned Nina, I wonder what she thinks of all this?

  8. Default

    So then Davis drifted off.

    What happened to the Myrna F book?

    Did Burleigh preempt her.

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim DiEugenio View Post
    So then Davis drifted off.

    What happened to the Myrna F book?

    Did Burleigh preempt her.
    You mean the one Myrna and Don Shannon were working on ? I can't say, Jim. Myna was busy focusing on her lawsuit involving her late hubby Russell at the time.

    Don't forget that Mr. Talbot devoted some page space to Ms. Pinchot in 'Brothers' And then there are the Damore and Meyer threads at the Ed. Forum (where Nina responds to questions by Mr. Simkin).

    As I said to Ed Jewett about three years ago, "Everybody gets the Mary Pinchot they deserve".

    This is why when they made "An American Affair", all the names were changed. Like what my good friend Todd Brendan Fahey did with his magnum opus, "Wisdom's Maw". The word is 'faction'. Like Judyth Vary Baker's books. But they sell hers as factual, sans fiction. Ask Jesse Ventura about that.

  10. Default

    So then, did Janney ask you to work on the book with him?

    I mean did he know all this stuff about Damore getting the idea from Larry King appearance, that right wing nut Lucianna Goldberg fronting money for an anti Kennedy screed, and all these other people backing off, and Damore's sources being little more than bull sessions?

    Did you talk to him about it before he started?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •