Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: New Member "Hello"

  1. Default New Member "Hello"

    I've been reading DPF on a near-daily basis for 3-4 years and up to now have been content to "lurk" anonymously because you've all read the same books I have (-heck, some of you wrote them!) and I never thought I'd have anything worthwhile or informative to contribute. But as this '50th Anniversary' year has lurched inexorably toward November I've felt increasingly isolated (-I'm the only assassination researcher in my small circle of friends) and assailed by the one-sided (Lone Nut) media --which ought to be at full-roar come next month. And I realized I just couldn't endure it alone.

    So I want to thank you all for being here and for allowing me to join you. The simple act of adding my name to DPF's membership roster somewhat ameliorated the shrill disinterest ("It WAS fifty years ago! Give it a rest already!") I've encountered this year from a few otherwise intelligent and reasonable people.

  2. #2

    Default

    Welcome to the forum, Connie. It will be a difficult few months.

    Quote Originally Posted by Connie Smith View Post
    The simple act of adding my name to DPF's membership roster somewhat ameliorated the shrill disinterest ("It WAS fifty years ago! Give it a rest already!") I've encountered this year from a few otherwise intelligent and reasonable people.
    I just say what Bill Hicks always said when people told him to stop talking about JFK because it was a long time ago. "OK, then shut up about Jesus already." :rofl:

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Connie Smith View Post
    I've been reading DPF on a near-daily basis for 3-4 years and up to now have been content to "lurk" anonymously because you've all read the same books I have (-heck, some of you wrote them!) and I never thought I'd have anything worthwhile or informative to contribute. But as this '50th Anniversary' year has lurched inexorably toward November I've felt increasingly isolated (-I'm the only assassination researcher in my small circle of friends) and assailed by the one-sided (Lone Nut) media --which ought to be at full-roar come next month. And I realized I just couldn't endure it alone.

    So I want to thank you all for being here and for allowing me to join you. The simple act of adding my name to DPF's membership roster somewhat ameliorated the shrill disinterest ("It WAS fifty years ago! Give it a rest already!") I've encountered this year from a few otherwise intelligent and reasonable people.
    Hello Connie and a most hearty welcome to DPF.
    I think we have all experienced that feeling of isolation regarding these issues
    and having a "home" to share does indeed reduce that feeling of isolation.
    I have been a student of the JFK assassination since day one and over these many decades have wondered countless
    times why it is that most just don't seem to care. I alienate long time friends fairly regularily with articles and /or posts from DPF.
    I will look forward to hearing more from you.

    Dawn

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Riddle View Post
    Welcome to the forum, Connie. It will be a difficult few months.

    Quote Originally Posted by Connie Smith View Post
    The simple act of adding my name to DPF's membership roster somewhat ameliorated the shrill disinterest ("It WAS fifty years ago! Give it a rest already!") I've encountered this year from a few otherwise intelligent and reasonable people.
    I just say what Bill Hicks always said when people told him to stop talking about JFK because it was a long time ago. "OK, then shut up about Jesus already." :rofl:
    Hah! Bill Hicks was great! btw, thank you for posting (and describing) all those links to Weisberg's archives. I check out one or two every week. And thanks for the kind welcome.

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Meredith View Post

    Hello Connie and a most hearty welcome to DPF.
    I think we have all experienced that feeling of isolation regarding these issues
    and having a "home" to share does indeed reduce that feeling of isolation.
    I have been a student of the JFK assassination since day one and over these many decades have wondered countless
    times why it is that most just don't seem to care. I alienate long time friends fairly regularily with articles and /or posts from DPF.
    I will look forward to hearing more from you.

    Dawn
    I've been reading about the assassination off and on for forty years, and eventually wound up searching fore and aft of that titanic event. Like many here I came to view the entire 20th Century as a seamless tapestry (rather than unconnected yarns), with its most grotesque horrors occupying prominent swaths.

    Something of minor interest: After reading Joan Mellen's A Farewell to Justice I passed the book along to a [disinterested] friend who reluctantly promised to read it. She had only a vague idea who Jim Garrison was and no knowledge at all of Clay Shaw's trial. You know what got her through the book? The "humanizing" details about Garrison's avant-garde sex life! "I'm rather liking this Garrison," she told me midway through the book, "he's human!"

    So, even though you (and I) cringed at those particular disclosures, maybe Mellen had been wise to include them, for she's established a broad readership during her long career and perhaps people familiar with her works (but uninterested in JFK/Garrison) will try this one 'on spec' and get hooked by the very device we disliked.

    Thank you for the warm welcome.

  6. #6

    Default

    Welcome Connie. I hope you find your time here to be enjoyable and useful and that you find fellow researchers to share your interests.

    David
    The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
    Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •