Page 1 of 40 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 398

Thread: MH 370: Missing Malaysian Airliner

  1. #1

    Default MH 370: Missing Malaysian Airliner

    Paul Rigby posted this regarding the missing Malaysian airliner. It needs its own thread because two passengers have turned up alive:

    At least two passengers registered aboard missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 have been found safe and sound in their home countries. The Austrian and Italian citizens reportedly had their passports stolen earlier in Thailand.

    An Austrian national thought to have been aboard the plane that disappeared off the coast of Vietnam early Saturday is alive and safe, an Austrian Foreign Ministry spokesman revealed.

    “Our embassy got the information that there was an Austrian on board. That was the passenger list from Malaysia Airlines. Our system came back with a note that this is a stolen passport,”
    the spokesman said, as quoted by Reuters.

    The man, who was found at home by police, had his passport stolen while traveling in Thailand in 2012.

    However, this was not the end of the story. An Italian ‘ghost’ passenger was also discovered, according to the Foreign Ministry in Rome.

    The passenger list provided by Malaysia Airlines included Luigi Maraldi, 37, an Italian citizen. Following the document’s release, Corriere Della Sera newspaper reported that Maraldi's passport was stolen in Thailand last August.

    No Italian was on board the plane, the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement after referring the issue of the stolen passport to the Interior Ministry.

    Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew members, disappeared from the radars at around 02:40 local time Saturday morning while flying from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. The plane was last traced about 120 nautical miles off the coast of Malaysia and is believed to have crashed into the sea in Vietnamese airspace.

    No wreckage of the plane has been discovered so far. However, Vietnamese Air Force pilots have spotted two oil slicks off the southern tip of Vietnam, which they suspect may have been left by the jetliner's fuel.
    Last edited by Lauren Johnson; 10-14-2015 at 02:03 AM.
    "We'll know our disinformation campaign is complete when everything the American public believes is false." --William J. Casey, D.C.I

    "We will lead every revolution against us." --Theodore Herzl

  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Johnson View Post
    Paul Rigby posted this regarding the missing Malaysian airliner. It needs its own thread because two passengers have turned up alive:

    At least two passengers registered aboard missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 have been found safe and sound in their home countries. The Austrian and Italian citizens reportedly had their passports stolen earlier in Thailand.

    An Austrian national thought to have been aboard the plane that disappeared off the coast of Vietnam early Saturday is alive and safe, an Austrian Foreign Ministry spokesman revealed.

    “Our embassy got the information that there was an Austrian on board. That was the passenger list from Malaysia Airlines. Our system came back with a note that this is a stolen passport,”
    the spokesman said, as quoted by Reuters.

    The man, who was found at home by police, had his passport stolen while traveling in Thailand in 2012.

    However, this was not the end of the story. An Italian ‘ghost’ passenger was also discovered, according to the Foreign Ministry in Rome.

    The passenger list provided by Malaysia Airlines included Luigi Maraldi, 37, an Italian citizen. Following the document’s release, Corriere Della Sera newspaper reported that Maraldi's passport was stolen in Thailand last August.

    No Italian was on board the plane, the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement after referring the issue of the stolen passport to the Interior Ministry.

    Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew members, disappeared from the radars at around 02:40 local time Saturday morning while flying from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. The plane was last traced about 120 nautical miles off the coast of Malaysia and is believed to have crashed into the sea in Vietnamese airspace.

    No wreckage of the plane has been discovered so far. However, Vietnamese Air Force pilots have spotted two oil slicks off the southern tip of Vietnam, which they suspect may have been left by the jetliner's fuel.
    So maybe it landed somewhere --- I heard some asshole from Boeing this morning say that if they lost the entire electrical system the beacon wouldn't function either. Does anyone know if this is true, I find it incredible that a beacon wouldn't be a separate, battery driven device, but what do I know.

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marlene Zenker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Johnson View Post
    Paul Rigby posted this regarding the missing Malaysian airliner. It needs its own thread because two passengers have turned up alive:

    At least two passengers registered aboard missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 have been found safe and sound in their home countries. The Austrian and Italian citizens reportedly had their passports stolen earlier in Thailand.

    An Austrian national thought to have been aboard the plane that disappeared off the coast of Vietnam early Saturday is alive and safe, an Austrian Foreign Ministry spokesman revealed.

    “Our embassy got the information that there was an Austrian on board. That was the passenger list from Malaysia Airlines. Our system came back with a note that this is a stolen passport,”
    the spokesman said, as quoted by Reuters.

    The man, who was found at home by police, had his passport stolen while traveling in Thailand in 2012.

    However, this was not the end of the story. An Italian ‘ghost’ passenger was also discovered, according to the Foreign Ministry in Rome.

    The passenger list provided by Malaysia Airlines included Luigi Maraldi, 37, an Italian citizen. Following the document’s release, Corriere Della Sera newspaper reported that Maraldi's passport was stolen in Thailand last August.

    No Italian was on board the plane, the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement after referring the issue of the stolen passport to the Interior Ministry.

    Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew members, disappeared from the radars at around 02:40 local time Saturday morning while flying from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. The plane was last traced about 120 nautical miles off the coast of Malaysia and is believed to have crashed into the sea in Vietnamese airspace.

    No wreckage of the plane has been discovered so far. However, Vietnamese Air Force pilots have spotted two oil slicks off the southern tip of Vietnam, which they suspect may have been left by the jetliner's fuel.
    So maybe it landed somewhere --- I heard some asshole from Boeing this morning say that if they lost the entire electrical system the beacon wouldn't function either. Does anyone know if this is true, I find it incredible that a beacon wouldn't be a separate, battery driven device, but what do I know.
    Asked someone who is a friend of a friend and a former airline pilot who flew 777's - the emergency beacon is powered independently of the 777's electrical system and can be triggered manually or by impact.

    Also, if the plane broke up on impact and sunk in the ocean there wouldn't be a signal from the black box, eg. Air France.

  4. #4

    Default

    Here is the passenger manifest
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "I think it would be a good idea." Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization.

    The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.
    Karl Marx.

    "Well, he would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies, 1963, replied Ms Rice Davies when the prosecuting counsel pointed out that Lord Astor denied an affair or having even met her.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magda Hassan View Post
    Here is the passenger manifest
    They are looking at another 2 people as well as the previous 2 using stolen passports.
    "I think it would be a good idea." Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization.

    The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.
    Karl Marx.

    "Well, he would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies, 1963, replied Ms Rice Davies when the prosecuting counsel pointed out that Lord Astor denied an affair or having even met her.

  6. #6

    Default

    Its just an educated guess, but likely that two persons using the two 'stolen' passports were aboard with a bomb and blew the plane up. It was obviously a well planned mission. Why no black box [even with an explosion] and no debris! Hints now are that some American Military/Intelligence contractor had a few of their best and brightest on the flight, so the choice of this flight may not have been totally random.
    If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.” - Frederick Douglass
    "Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
    "Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lemkin View Post
    Its just an educated guess, but likely that two persons using the two 'stolen' passports were aboard with a bomb and blew the plane up. It was obviously a well planned mission. Why no black box [even with an explosion] and no debris! Hints now are that some American Military/Intelligence contractor had a few of their best and brightest on the flight, so the choice of this flight may not have been totally random.
    Only one US adult on board. But some Chinese and Malaysian worked at a US based semi conductor manufacturer.
    The other Americans aboard were children: Nicole Meng, 4, and Yan Zhang, 2.
    Eight of the Chinese passengers and 12 of the Malaysian passengers work for Austin, Texas-based company Freescale Semiconductor, the company confirmed.


    "At present, we are solely focused on our employees and their families," said Gregg Lowe, president and CEO of Freescale, which produces and designs embedded hardware. "Our thoughts and prayers are with those affected by this tragic event."
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/w...plane/6195291/

    sorry edited by mistake....:(
    Last edited by Peter Lemkin; 03-09-2014 at 07:40 AM.
    "I think it would be a good idea." Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization.

    The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.
    Karl Marx.

    "Well, he would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies, 1963, replied Ms Rice Davies when the prosecuting counsel pointed out that Lord Astor denied an affair or having even met her.

  8. #8

    Default

    Strange, I saw a report from a US Consulate that three Americans were aboard; that said, many foreigners work for US military/intelligence contractors and have security clearances. Whatever, I sense the truth of this mishap [sic] may be buried, rather than revealed....that is the usual pattern with plane downings that are not 'real' accidents. I fear the truth lies DEEP and more than the likely two perpetrators onboard don't want that truth known.....cynical me.
    If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.” - Frederick Douglass
    "Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
    "Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn

  9. #9

    Default

    I also just heard that one of the relatives tried to call their family member who was on the flight "and heard the ringtone passed on to authorities."
    https://twitter.com/cctvnews/status/442564962108461056
    "I think it would be a good idea." Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization.

    The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.
    Karl Marx.

    "Well, he would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies, 1963, replied Ms Rice Davies when the prosecuting counsel pointed out that Lord Astor denied an affair or having even met her.

  10. #10

    Default

    From BBC Asia
    Civil aviation chief: Five passengers did not board #MH370, bags were removed from plane
    Also Malaysian military are saying that radar records indicate plane may have tried to turn back to Malaysia and have asked Indonesia to help search in Straits of Malacca.
    "I think it would be a good idea." Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization.

    The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.
    Karl Marx.

    "Well, he would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies, 1963, replied Ms Rice Davies when the prosecuting counsel pointed out that Lord Astor denied an affair or having even met her.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •