Page 4 of 99 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 982

Thread: On Edwin Kaiser and Related Topics

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew Phipps View Post
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.
    I've never liked that statement. I've never agreed with it. It seems to me, extraordinary claims carry the same burden of persuasion as any other claims.

    For example, if someone tells me they were held hostage by a goose wielding a Mannlicher-Carcano, the burden is upon that person to persuade me it's true with evidence that a goose can do that.

    Once that burden has been met, I need to be persuaded that the event in question actually happened. There s nothing extraordinary at all about the process. It's simple fact-finding.

    Anyway, I've always suspected that quote was a cliche. I hear it a lot. So tonight, I Wikied it.

    Apparently, a man named Marcello Truzzi is given credit for it. And Carl Sagan popularized it. It may have derived from a much more sensible statement by David Hume,

    "A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence"
    I agree with that. Off the top of my head, it's hard for me to imagine a goose threatening people with a rifle - especially a Mannlicher-Carcano.

    I don't know about Scott Kaiser's claim. The evidence I've seen hasn't persuaded me of anything. Even if it did, I wouldn't know what to conclude.

    But I think the word extraordinary is subjective. Just show us the facts you have and tell us what you think they add up to.
    ----
    p.s. Truzzi did have some interesting ideas about skepticism that I agree with.
    Everybody here will recognize JFK "experts" who are what he called "pseudo-skeptics". ( I don't know Truzzi's own ideas on the assassination though.)

    http://skeptopathy.com/wp/?m=201308


    • The tendency to deny, rather than doubt
    • Double standards in the application of criticism
    • The making of judgments without full inquiry
    • Tendency to discredit, rather than investigate
    • Use of ridicule or attacks in lieu of arguments
    • Pejorative labeling of proponents
    • Presenting insufficient evidence or proof
    • Assuming criticism requires no burden of proof
    • Making unsubstantiated counter-claims
    • Counter-claims based on plausibility rather than empirical evidence
    • Suggesting that unconvincing evidence is grounds for dismissing it
    Last edited by Marc Ellis; 05-11-2014 at 11:51 AM.

  2. #32

    Default

    I think a lot of claims in this area, underground, black ops area, are fraught with lack of hard evidence not because they didn't happen, clearly they do, but because the events are not meant to leave a trial, paper or otherwise. They are secret and criminal acts with deniability built in. It varies from event to event of course. Scott has done original research with others who either participated in the events who knew the participants in the events first hand. Lot's of blank spaces but Scott's done a good job. Others can take it up from there if they wish.
    "I think it would be a good idea." Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization.

    The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.
    Karl Marx.

    "Well, he would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies, 1963, replied Ms Rice Davies when the prosecuting counsel pointed out that Lord Astor denied an affair or having even met her.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Ellis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew Phipps View Post
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.
    I've never liked that statement. I've never agreed with it. It seems to me, extraordinary claims carry the same burden of persuasion as any other claims.

    For example, if someone tells me they were held hostage by a goose wielding a Mannlicher-Carcano, the burden is upon that person to persuade me it's true with evidence that a goose can do that.

    Once that burden has been met, I need to be persuaded that the event in question actually happened. There s nothing extraordinary at all about the process. It's simple fact-finding.

    Anyway, I've always suspected that quote was a cliche. I hear it a lot. So tonight, I Wikied it.

    Apparently, a man named Marcello Truzzi is given credit for it. And Carl Sagan popularized it. It may have derived from a much more sensible statement by David Hume,

    "A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence"
    I agree with that. Off the top of my head, it's hard for me to imagine a goose threatening people with a rifle - especially a Mannlicher-Carcano.

    I don't know about Scott Kaiser's claim. The evidence I've seen hasn't persuaded me of anything. Even if it did, I wouldn't know what to conclude.

    But I think the word extraordinary is subjective. Just show us the facts you have and tell us what you think they add up to.
    ----
    p.s. Truzzi did have some interesting ideas about skepticism that I agree with.
    Everybody here will recognize JFK "experts" who are what he called "pseudo-skeptics". ( I don't know Truzzi's own ideas on the assassination though.)

    http://skeptopathy.com/wp/?m=201308


    • The tendency to deny, rather than doubt
    • Double standards in the application of criticism
    • The making of judgments without full inquiry
    • Tendency to discredit, rather than investigate
    • Use of ridicule or attacks in lieu of arguments
    • Pejorative labeling of proponents
    • Presenting insufficient evidence or proof
    • Assuming criticism requires no burden of proof
    • Making unsubstantiated counter-claims
    • Counter-claims based on plausibility rather than empirical evidence
    • Suggesting that unconvincing evidence is grounds for dismissing it

    it's hard for me to imagine a goose threatening people with a rifle - especially a Mannlicher-Carcano.

    Unless, upon discovery the mans name holding the Mannlicher-Carcano was Mr. Goose.

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magda Hassan View Post
    I think a lot of claims in this area, underground, black ops area, are fraught with lack of hard evidence not because they didn't happen, clearly they do, but because the events are not meant to leave a trial, paper or otherwise. They are secret and criminal acts with deniability built in. It varies from event to event of course. Scott has done original research with others who either participated in the events who knew the participants in the events first hand. Lot's of blank spaces but Scott's done a good job. Others can take it up from there if they wish.

    Thank you, as soon as the release of my material in October, I plan on releasing ALL my interviews, I have several audio and video recordings I'm sure that others would appreciate. They may sift though it all, study it, dissect it, use it, write about it, if in some small way I can leave my mark behind before I leave this world for others to discover something of worth, than I did my job.

    We know my father was killed, I know my father was killed, and I can understand how some would not be interested in my father's life story, I really can. Perhaps, because Edwin Kaiser is not related them, or his life wasn't adventurous enough or because it is hard to believe he did the things he did. Whatever the reason, I know it's hard for me to prove the many things he's done. It's even been harder for me to prove that he went to Israel under an assumed name of Jerome Snyder, I think that's how he spelt the last name on the forged passport, I would have to look it up again. In my father's own hand writing's he says, "It's hard to know who is who", my father, I believe was playing on both sides of the fence providing information to the government while working with the anti-Castro's. I believe he had a hard time trusting people.

    I've come across several FOIA documents where it just seems as though my father was testing the loyalty of several individuals. I even recently learned from Rolando Masferrer the son of Rodolfo who also worked with my father he was trying to get Rolando Masferrer out of the United States and to a safe haven country to avoid his prison time for that Haiti project. Than I find out that Rolando while visiting with Navarro at some restaurant in Miami discussing the plans to get him out of the country when the FBI charged the place surrounded Rolando and arrested him on the spot, while down at the FBI's office Rolando's door opened, and he saw Navarro and Kaiser walking down the corridor.

    Whatever the reason some may not believe the things my father has done, I do. And, to me, that's all that matters. I know one things for sure, my father has taken a lot of secrets with him.

    My mother has never talked about my father's attache case and the contents he had inside, she admits to seeing the photos herself, she knew about the many tapes my father carried around with him, she never disclosed this information to the FBI when they would relentlessly questioned her about it. My mother kept quite for over 30 years, it's hard on a family member when you find out later in life that your parents lived a life of "true lies". Had I not discovered the information in my mother's hope chest about my father while she was visiting her sister in California I would be dumbfounded about my father's life. And, if I had not confronted my mother about what I found would the secret life my father and mother lead remain a secret? And, by my mother not sharing anything with me or my sister would that too be considered a lie?

    For sure this has been the hardest thing for me to live with, I have lived with the cheating, lies, deceit, back stabbing relationships, but I've never lived with a family that held some very deep dark secrets. And, those secrets are as good as lying to me all those years.

    This is the reason I made it appoint to tell my father's story, the adventures he lived and the price he paid for what he believed was right, we've all lived a hard life one way or another. For those who grew up living in a house you once called "the shack by the railroad tracks", and your bathroom was an outhouse because there were no toilets in the house you grew up in while using news paper to clean yourself because you couldn't afford toilet paper knows exactly what I mean.

    As resentful as I feel towards my mother, she is still my mother, and the only mother I have. So I made it appoint to tell her I love you mom not just on Mother's Day, but everyday regardless of my family's secrets. I don't know when the good Lord will take her, but in honor of my father and mother. This book is for them.

    Thank you for allowing me to express my inner most thoughts and feelings here Mrs. Hassan it has been very therapeutic to write and say what I need to say when I have no one else to talk to. Secrets and lies have plagued my entire life, and it hurts. I didn't know how to live with it, so only truth can set me free, and I guess that's why it's so important to me. God Bless.


    Scott
    Last edited by Scott Kaiser; 05-11-2014 at 07:35 PM.

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kaiser View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Magda Hassan View Post
    I think a lot of claims in this area, underground, black ops area, are fraught with lack of hard evidence not because they didn't happen, clearly they do, but because the events are not meant to leave a trial, paper or otherwise. They are secret and criminal acts with deniability built in. It varies from event to event of course. Scott has done original research with others who either participated in the events who knew the participants in the events first hand. Lot's of blank spaces but Scott's done a good job. Others can take it up from there if they wish.

    Thank you, as soon as the release of my material in October, I plan on releasing ALL my interviews, I have several audio and video recordings I'm sure that others would appreciate. They may sift though it all, study it, deceit it, use it, write about it, if in some small way I can leave my mark behind before I leave this world for others to discover something of worth, than I did my job.

    We know my father was killed, I know my father was killed, and I can understand how some would not be interested in my father's life story, I really can. Perhaps, because Edwin Kaiser is not related them, or his life wasn't adventurous enough or because it is hard to believe he did the things he did. Whatever the reason, I know it's hard for me to prove the many things he's done. It's even been harder for me to prove that he went to Israel under an assumed name of Jerome Snyder, I think that's how he spelt the last name on the forged passport, I would have to look it up again. In my father's own hand writing's he says, "It's hard to know who is who", my father, I believe was playing on both sides of the fence providing information to the government while working with the anti-Castro's. I believe he had a hard time trusting people.

    I've come across several FOIA documents where it just seems as though my father was testing the loyalty of several individuals. I even recently learned from Rolando Masferrer the son of Rodolfo who also worked with my father he was trying to get Rolando Masferrer out of the United States and to a safe haven country to avoid his prison time for that Haiti project. Than I find out that Rolando while visiting with Navarro at some restaurant in Miami discussing the plans to get him out of the country when the FBI charged the place surrounded Rolando and arrested him on the spot, while down at the FBI's office Rolando's door opened, and he saw Navarro and Kaiser walking down the corridor.

    Whatever the reason some may not believe the things my father has done, I do. And, to me, that's all that matters. I know one things for sure, my father has taken a lot of secrets with him.

    My mother has never talked about my father's attache case and the contents he had inside, she admits to seeing the photos herself, she knew about the many tapes my father carried around with him, she never disclosed this information to the FBI when they would relentlessly questioned her about it. My mother kept quite for over 30 years, it's hard on a family member when you find out later in life that your parents lived a life of "true lies". Had I not discovered the information in my mother's hope chest about my father while she was visiting her sister in California I would be dumbfounded about my father's life. And, if I had not confronted my mother about what I found would the secret life my father and mother lead remain a secret? And, by my mother not sharing anything with me or my sister would that too be considered a lie?

    For sure this has been the hardest thing for me to live with, I have lived with the cheating, lies, deceit, back stabbing relationships, but I've never lived with a family that held some very deep dark secrets. And, those secrets are as good as lying to me all those years.

    This is the reason I made it appoint to tell my father's story, the adventures he lived and the price he paid for what he believed was right, we've all lived a hard life one way or another. For those who grew up living in a house you once called "the shack by the railroad tracks", and your bathroom was an outhouse because there were no toilets in the house you grew up in while using news paper to clean yourself because you couldn't afford toilet paper knows exactly what I mean.

    As resentful as I feel towards my mother, she is still my mother, and the only mother I have. So I made it appoint to tell her I love you mom not just on Mother's Day, but everyday regardless of my family's secrets. I don't know when the good Lord will take her, but in honor of my father and mother. This book is for her.

    Thank you for allowing me to express my inner most thoughts and feelings here Mrs. Hassan it has been very therapeutic to write and say what I need to say when I have no one to talk to. Secrets and lies have plagued my entire life, and it's hurt. I didn't know how to live with it, so only the truth can set me free, and I guess that's why it's so important to me. God Bless.


    Scott

    I apologize for the many typo's and eras, so I re-edited my last post.

  6. #36

    Default

    Again, the errors have changed to.

    As resentful as I feel towards my mother, she is still my mother, and the only mother I have. So I made it appoint to tell her I love you mom not just on Mother's Day, but everyday regardless of my family's secrets. I don't know when the good Lord will take her, but in honor of my father and mother. This book is for them.

    Thank you for allowing me to express my inner most thoughts and feelings here Mrs. Hassan it has been very therapeutic to write and say what I need to say when I have no one else to talk to. Secrets and lies have plagued my entire life, and it hurts. I didn't know how to live with it, so only truth can set me free, and I guess that's why it's so important to me. God Bless.


    Scott

  7. #37

    Default

    I also meant to say dissect not deceit my apologies. Having a hard time reading and writing right now.

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Ellis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew Phipps View Post
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.
    I've never liked that statement. I've never agreed with it. It seems to me, extraordinary claims carry the same burden of persuasion as any other claims.

    For example, if someone tells me they were held hostage by a goose wielding a Mannlicher-Carcano, the burden is upon that person to persuade me it's true with evidence that a goose can do that.

    Once that burden has been met, I need to be persuaded that the event in question actually happened. There s nothing extraordinary at all about the process. It's simple fact-finding.

    Anyway, I've always suspected that quote was a cliche. I hear it a lot. So tonight, I Wikied it.

    Apparently, a man named Marcello Truzzi is given credit for it. And Carl Sagan popularized it. It may have derived from a much more sensible statement by David Hume,

    "A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence"
    I agree with that. Off the top of my head, it's hard for me to imagine a goose threatening people with a rifle - especially a Mannlicher-Carcano.

    I don't know about Scott Kaiser's claim. The evidence I've seen hasn't persuaded me of anything. Even if it did, I wouldn't know what to conclude.

    But I think the word extraordinary is subjective. Just show us the facts you have and tell us what you think they add up to.
    ----
    p.s. Truzzi did have some interesting ideas about skepticism that I agree with.
    Everybody here will recognize JFK "experts" who are what he called "pseudo-skeptics". ( I don't know Truzzi's own ideas on the assassination though.)

    http://skeptopathy.com/wp/?m=201308


    • The tendency to deny, rather than doubt
    • Double standards in the application of criticism
    • The making of judgments without full inquiry
    • Tendency to discredit, rather than investigate
    • Use of ridicule or attacks in lieu of arguments
    • Pejorative labeling of proponents
    • Presenting insufficient evidence or proof
    • Assuming criticism requires no burden of proof
    • Making unsubstantiated counter-claims
    • Counter-claims based on plausibility rather than empirical evidence
    • Suggesting that unconvincing evidence is grounds for dismissing it

    Hi Marc,

    I agree with what you say when you say, Just show us the facts you have and tell us what you think they add up to.

    This is my fact finding material.

    1. I have discovered some CIA documents classified as "Secret" titled "Sensitive" which explains my father having the photos. In all the CIA documents I've read over the years I have never seen one document titled Sensitive.

    2. I tracked down and located Rudy Junco who tells me that he drove my father to the CIA's Headquarters in Miami where my father presented a fraudulent ID to gain entrance to the building where upon his visit there my father stole the photographs. Rudy witnessed my father having the photo's.

    3. I spoke to Nino Diaz who also seen the photo's and remembers my father. I have our conversation on audio recorder.

    4. I have spoken to Tony Calatayud who heard that my father had these photos, and knew that Frank Sturgis is on the list for the possible relation to the assassination of President Kennedy, although, Tony does not want to believe it still remains.

    5. I have spoken to Luis Posada who says he knew about my father's group which was in his words a very "cloak and dagger" group.

    6. My mother who is first hand witness to the photo's my father had, and the tapes he carried says she saw the photo's of the men standing outside a motel in Dallas, I asked her how would she know it was a Dallas motel? She replied in the photo's she saw the sign that said Motel Dallas.

    7. Rudy told me the same thing on tape.

    8. On the morning of my father's death he woke me up earlier than normal before I went to school, he asked that I go into the bathroom and wash my face, (so I did). I believe he wanted my attention, as he started to talk to me he said, "I want you to know that your uncle Frank is not as nice as you think is". Later that day, my father was killed, the attache briefcase my father always carried around with him was no where to be found after his murder. Frank Sturgis and Richard Poyle picked up my father for work that day. My mother asked the FBI for my father's attache case, she said that everyone kept telling her that they had no idea what she was talking about.

    It' not that hard to find out that my father did own an attache briefcase.

    9. My father also stole over 180 index cards from U.S. Customs.

    10. My father was also stealing classified documents out of officers buildings from different Air Force Bases. My father would impersonate a lieutenant in the U.S. Army to gain access of these bases, my father would soon be under investigation for impersonating an officer, but all charges were dropped.

    I could go on, but, I suppose no one would believe me.

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kaiser View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Ellis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew Phipps View Post
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.
    I've never liked that statement. I've never agreed with it. It seems to me, extraordinary claims carry the same burden of persuasion as any other claims.

    For example, if someone tells me they were held hostage by a goose wielding a Mannlicher-Carcano, the burden is upon that person to persuade me it's true with evidence that a goose can do that.

    Once that burden has been met, I need to be persuaded that the event in question actually happened. There s nothing extraordinary at all about the process. It's simple fact-finding.

    Anyway, I've always suspected that quote was a cliche. I hear it a lot. So tonight, I Wikied it.

    Apparently, a man named Marcello Truzzi is given credit for it. And Carl Sagan popularized it. It may have derived from a much more sensible statement by David Hume,

    "A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence"
    I agree with that. Off the top of my head, it's hard for me to imagine a goose threatening people with a rifle - especially a Mannlicher-Carcano.

    I don't know about Scott Kaiser's claim. The evidence I've seen hasn't persuaded me of anything. Even if it did, I wouldn't know what to conclude.

    But I think the word extraordinary is subjective. Just show us the facts you have and tell us what you think they add up to.
    ----
    p.s. Truzzi did have some interesting ideas about skepticism that I agree with.
    Everybody here will recognize JFK "experts" who are what he called "pseudo-skeptics". ( I don't know Truzzi's own ideas on the assassination though.)

    http://skeptopathy.com/wp/?m=201308


    • The tendency to deny, rather than doubt
    • Double standards in the application of criticism
    • The making of judgments without full inquiry
    • Tendency to discredit, rather than investigate
    • Use of ridicule or attacks in lieu of arguments
    • Pejorative labeling of proponents
    • Presenting insufficient evidence or proof
    • Assuming criticism requires no burden of proof
    • Making unsubstantiated counter-claims
    • Counter-claims based on plausibility rather than empirical evidence
    • Suggesting that unconvincing evidence is grounds for dismissing it

    Hi Marc,

    I agree with what you say when you say, Just show us the facts you have and tell us what you think they add up to.

    This is my fact finding material.

    1. I have discovered some CIA documents classified as "Secret" titled "Sensitive" which explains my father having the photos. In all the CIA documents I've read over the years I have never seen one document titled Sensitive.

    2. I tracked down and located Rudy Junco who tells me that he drove my father to the CIA's Headquarters in Miami where my father presented a fraudulent ID to gain entrance to the building where upon his visit there my father stole the photographs. Rudy witnessed my father having the photo's.

    3. I spoke to Nino Diaz who also seen the photo's and remembers my father. I have our conversation on audio recorder.

    4. I have spoken to Tony Calatayud who heard that my father had these photos, and knew that Frank Sturgis is on the list for the possible relation to the assassination of President Kennedy, although, Tony does not want to believe it still remains.

    5. I have spoken to Luis Posada who says he knew about my father's group which was in his words a very "cloak and dagger" group.

    6. My mother who is first hand witness to the photo's my father had, and the tapes he carried says she saw the photo's of the men standing outside a motel in Dallas, I asked her how would she know it was a Dallas motel? She replied in the photo's she saw the sign that said Motel Dallas.

    7. Rudy told me the same thing on tape.

    8. On the morning of my father's death he woke me up earlier than normal before I went to school, he asked that I go into the bathroom and wash my face, (so I did). I believe he wanted my attention, as he started to talk to me he said, "I want you to know that your uncle Frank is not as nice as you think is". Later that day, my father was killed, the attache briefcase my father always carried around with him was no where to be found after his murder. Frank Sturgis and Richard Poyle picked up my father for work that day. My mother asked the FBI for my father's attache case, she said that everyone kept telling her that they had no idea what she was talking about.

    It' not that hard to find out that my father did own an attache briefcase.

    9. My father also stole over 180 index cards from U.S. Customs.

    10. My father was also stealing classified documents out of officers buildings from different Air Force Bases. My father would impersonate a lieutenant in the U.S. Army to gain access of these bases, my father would soon be under investigation for impersonating an officer, but all charges were dropped.

    I could go on, but, I suppose no one would believe me.

    I'm just curious, I have a question to ask all the professional researchers here, should all the information I posted above be dismissed? I would appreciate your honest opinions. Wondering, if I'm just wasting my time by talking to certain folks in Miami. Thank you for your honest answers. I will respect them all.


    Scott

  10. #40

    Default

    Here's how it all got started for me in tracking down the one man who was a "business partner" with my father, the companies name while they were in business was Jun-Ka Bros.

    Rudy also owned Rudy's meet market on Red Road NW 57th Ave. where the Cubanos Unidos would meet. On my next tape in finding Rudy, I will say that we both engaged in a very interesting conversation. (The interesting conversation I have with Rudy is not on this link, I'm talking to Rudy's brother here, however, at first. I wasn't sure who it was talking to me).

    Tracking Rudy:

    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%20brother.MP3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •