Thread: Has anyone read the new autobiography on Freeway Ricky Ross???

1. Default Has anyone read the new autobiography on Freeway Ricky Ross???

No I haven't read it but it does look interesting. I'd be curious to know what he says and if he really knew his place in the scheme of things.
    "I think it would be a good idea." Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization.

The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.
    Karl Marx.

"Well, he would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies, 1963, replied Ms Rice Davies when the prosecuting counsel pointed out that Lord Astor denied an affair or having even met her.

"I think it would be a good idea." Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization.

The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.
    Karl Marx.

"Well, he would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies, 1963, replied Ms Rice Davies when the prosecuting counsel pointed out that Lord Astor denied an affair or having even met her.

4. Default thanks Magda..

I think he got pretty close to Gary Webb.... I teach in south central LA.. so its so close to home

Yes, as I remember it, he was the principal source for Gary Webb's newspaper series.
    The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
    Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14

6. Default Interview with Rick Ross from 2011

Quote Originally Posted by David Guyatt View Post
    Yes, as I remember it, he was the principal source for Gary Webb's newspaper series.
    Yes. I saw a video years ago where all this was laid out.

Speaking of cocaine connections did anyone else catch the unbelievable Hillary quote last week? That W made her "proud to be an American". The Bushes and the Clintons are joined at the hip when it comes to big time cocaine ops. Never-the- less, that statement shocked me and if she runs it will come back to haunt her.

Dawn

That W made her "proud to be an American". The Bushes and the Clintons are joined at the hip when it comes to big time cocaine ops. Never-the- less, that statement shocked me and if she runs it will come back to haunt her.

EDIT: I checked the HRC quote. The whole GWB thing is found only on right wing blogs. Hmmm. Wonder why? Here's what she really said:

Because of PEPFAR, the president's emergency program for AIDS relief. Whether you agree or disagree with a lot of what else he did, and I disagree with a lot of it, I am proud to be an American when I go to sub-Saharan Africa and people say I want to thank President Bush and the United States for, you know, helping us fight HIV/AIDS. You know, we spend a lot of money and a lot of time and effort trying to be influential around the world when I think we would be able to succeed more effectively if we were clearer about who we are and what we stand for and the values that we hold, obviously tempered by experience and the competing interests that we face.
    Last edited by Lauren Johnson; 08-01-2014 at 06:24 PM.
    "We'll know our disinformation campaign is complete when everything the American public believes is false." --William J. Casey, D.C.I

"We will lead every revolution against us." --Theodore Herzl

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Johnson View Post
    That W made her "proud to be an American". The Bushes and the Clintons are joined at the hip when it comes to big time cocaine ops. Never-the- less, that statement shocked me and if she runs it will come back to haunt her.

EDIT: I checked the HRC quote. The whole GWB thing is found only on right wing blogs. Hmmm. Wonder why? Here's what she really said:

Because of PEPFAR, the president's emergency program for AIDS relief. Whether you agree or disagree with a lot of what else he did, and I disagree with a lot of it, I am proud to be an American when I go to sub-Saharan Africa and people say I want to thank President Bush and the United States for, you know, helping us fight HIV/AIDS. You know, we spend a lot of money and a lot of time and effort trying to be influential around the world when I think we would be able to succeed more effectively if we were clearer about who we are and what we stand for and the values that we hold, obviously tempered by experience and the competing interests that we face.
    Thanks Lauren. My husband saw the headline probably on Drudge while we were away on vacation in Nova Scotia and did not click on the video. And Drudge is about as right wing as they come.

Interview with FRR at Who, What and Why?
    "We'll know our disinformation campaign is complete when everything the American public believes is false." --William J. Casey, D.C.I

"We will lead every revolution against us." --Theodore Herzl