Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The... C. I. A. - Masonic Connections to Intelligence

Very similar to the House of Romanov. Probably others as well. As for the word 'Fidelio' used in the movie and in the word 'Denmark' used in the book I wonder if Kubrick by using the word Fidelio, while it also references the opera with the masked woman he may also be using it to confirm there is 'something rotten in the state of Denmark from the book. Fidelio meaning faithful, true, honest.
    "I think it would be a good idea." Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization.

The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.
    Karl Marx.

"Well, he would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies, 1963, replied Ms Rice Davies when the prosecuting counsel pointed out that Lord Astor denied an affair or having even met her.

Yep, I think tat is exactly what Kubrick was saying in the film bout the US.
    The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
    Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14

Oh look the Masonic triangle a.ka.a the Masonic Compass with the Square:

Oh look, the Masonic Compass with the Hammer:

The latter being the logo of East German "Coat of Arms" during the cold war.

Whoops.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.

Connecting the dots...

Th Three Great Lights of Freemasonry are:

The Square and Compass

Why do Masons consider the square invokes "moral justice" rather than the circle - which has always been regarded as a femine symbol?

The Level and Plumb

Anyone know why it's called a "right angle" and not a "left angle"...?

The Hammer and Chisel.

Freemasonry grew out of the tradition of the Guilds of Stone Masons who were the hewers of stone, b ut also built the great Cathedrals of France and the rest of Europe that are etched with symbols of secret knowledge. And it might be worth bearing in mind that the gavel/maul, used by judges in court is a ceramonial hammer.

The symbolism of each of the above, and more, can be read at The Phoenix Lodge.

Good guys. Bad guys. Hegels dialectic. Which is a mired worldy setting can only, I think, be accurately described as a: Strategy of Tension.

David, didn't you threaten to write on this subject a long while back? The wait was well worth it!
    "We'll know our disinformation campaign is complete when everything the American public believes is false." --William J. Casey, D.C.I

"We will lead every revolution against us." --Theodore Herzl

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Johnson View Post
    David, didn't you threaten to write on this subject a long while back? The wait was well worth it!
    Definitely!

David, the compass in the GDR emblem was for the intelligentsia. Mostly it was hammer and sickles used. Rare exceptions were GDR who included intelligentsia representation and some of the South American parties which used a machete instead of a sickle because they were not grain growers but cane cutters. There has been over the decades debate about using more modern representation for workers but because of the pace of technical developments this would result in new images every ten years. So hammer and sickle it remains. Would love to know who it was actually suggested this symbol though in the GDR case for all the obvious reasons....

This one is from a game I think so not official for any party but is interesting the use of circuit board for technical and IT workers. It has dropped the hammer and kept the sickles.

Attached Images Attached Images
    "I think it would be a good idea." Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization.

The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.
    Karl Marx.

"Well, he would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies, 1963, replied Ms Rice Davies when the prosecuting counsel pointed out that Lord Astor denied an affair or having even met her.

Thanks Lauren. Maggie, did the sickle of the USSR have any symbolic connection to the crescent moon of the Muslim world do you know?

No purely a ubiquitous (in those days) farm tool. No reference to any non European ethnic groups. Just Ukrainian and Russian etc because that was where the revolution was and where the harvests and peasants were. There were peasant political parties and peasants by and large were illiterate so symbols were used and it was used to show that the interests of the peasants were also those of the town industrial workers and that they should work together to achieve more than they could from a single focus party. It was originated by the Russian CP for organising and identifying their party and was later incorporated into the official emblem of the USSR with the wheat sheaf and ribbon and star and globe etc after a competition. Also prior to the revolution the Orthodox church was in control of things and they didn't have any time for the Moslems any more than they did for the Jews who did very badly there too. Though there was a position of egalitarianism and liberation after the revolution, so all ethnic groups were freed and treated equally and not discriminated against, religion, all religions, because it went again materialist philosophy as such was seen as primitive superstition and not to be entertained on any official level. The red star is also just a military symbol primarily associated with the Soviet air force but originally to differentiate the Moscow garrison soldiers from the returning other soldiers as they arrived back from the European war of which they were no longer a part of. Later it was used by the soldier to distinguish them from the White army soldiers during the civil war. It was later adopted into communist symbolism as it was representative of the 5 class forces which would bring about communism in Russia -youth -military -intelligentsia -workers -peasants. The Kremlin also has had red stars atop its spires for centuries.

Karl Marx.

Very similar to the House of Romanov. Probably others as well. As for the word 'Fidelio' used in the movie and in the word 'Denmark' used in the book I wonder if Kubrick by using the word Fidelio, while it also references the opera with the masked woman he may also be using it to confirm there is 'something rotten in the state of Denmark from the book. Fidelio meaning faithful, true, honest.
    As above, so below.
    "We'll know our disinformation campaign is complete when everything the American public believes is false." --William J. Casey, D.C.I

Bumping one of my favorite oldies but goodies hear at DPF.