Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: The Crimes of Quillette

  1. Default The Crimes of Quillette

    This just went up at Kennedys and King. I put a lot of new and interesting info into this one because its a fascinating subject concerning both the alt/right, and Fred Litwin.

    One would think the alt/right would be all over the JFK case. But as far as Claire Lehmann who allegedly edits Quillette that is not the case. Which really makes me wonder about the whole phenomena.

    Anyway there is some new info in here also. Every opportunity I get to go after Fred,I will.

    https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-k...ubJ1CEJaamvxDg

  2. #2

    Default

    Hey Jim,
    I just explained, in the Clay Shaw thread, why I am replying to you in this thread.

    I imagine, since it is the earliest from him I can find, Lemann uses his position as editor of The Crimson, to:

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Scully View Post
    ,,,,,
    http://www.thecrimson.com/article/1974/2/6/the-rise-and-fall-of-big/
    The Rise and Fall of Big Jim G.

    Politics

    By Nicholas Lemann, February 6, 1974 ....


    Less than three years later, Lemann is occupying a desk next to Tom Bethel's at the Washington Montthly.
    New Orleans, Mon Amour - AEI

    http://www.aei.org/publication/new-orleans-mon-amour/


    Mar 23, 2007 - Tom Bethell, dismayed by media coverage, traveled back to the beautiful and ....Later, I would go uptown to see Brown, who is a part-owner of the Maple Leaf Bar, a prominent venue for live music. But as a preliminary step I paid a call on an old acquaintance, Thomas B. Lemann , a lawyer well known to the city’s establishment. . ... the consumption ofoystersnow requires a trek into the French Quarter.
    American Enterprise Institute, LOL, of all places?

    Jim, my ardent belief, based on the facts as I have come to know them, is that Garrison "mugged" Ms. Mellen, you, and Zachary Sklar.
    All of you have too much invested to be all that flexible. I am trying to ride the currents where ever the facts flow to. We can agree to disagree but
    you have a megaphone, to your credit, while I am akin to the (Trumpian) 400 lbs. guy in his pajamas on a bed in his mother's basement.

    IOW, you have a greater obligation to figure out and distribute unambiguous, facts supported analysis than I ever will. We could be partners in attempting
    to decipher the Baldwin Lemann Garrison conundrum, especially because they are all family and Garrison was not known to have pointed that out.

    David Baldwin did, andthe first known person he communicated it to was his friend and former employer Clay Shaw, in immediate reaction to Shaw's arrest.
    In the Clay Shaw post I just drew your attention to on that Shaw thread on this forum, I proved that the couple who were later Edwin Walker landlords
    were toasting Baldwin/Shaw pall and later CIA guy, Jesse Core and his fiancee, Lucy Ruggles in that same Turtle Creek house.
    Lucy Ruggles was held in negative light by CIA because she, with friends later with CIA who, along with Core, Baldwin, and Thornley mentor, were all
    former long time visitors or residents of India, all via State Dept., CIA, scholarly, or journalistic assignments.

    Thornley testified that this mentor BOLTON, formerly with the AP in India, visited Core and invited Thornley to accompany him.

    The movement Lucy and her two friends were described in a CIA report as participants was led by....Mac Wallace.
    Ms. Ruggles father was long time DMN editorial editor credited with coining the ANTI ORGANIZED LABOR
    hypocrisy, RIGHT TO WORK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Scully View Post

    ......


    ......

    It surely does not help matters that Harold practically developed a man crush on Jesse Core, intially attracted because he hoped Core could ID
    the person passing out leaflets with Oswald near the Trade Mart.
    [
    PDF]Li a-,-)/wo - The Harold Weisberg Archive


    jfk.hood.edu/Collection/.../Thornley%20Kerry%20Wendell%20.../Item%2013.pdf

    Dave Lifton and Kerry the Great (ask him) Thornley. In all of this biased ... lated to the charge of perjury against Thornley, there is .... that Mentor Bolton also rec.
    Last edited by Tom Scully; 12-05-2018 at 09:36 PM.
    Peter Janney's uncle was Frank Pace, chairman of General Dynamics who enlisted law partners Roswell Gilpatric and Luce's brother-in-law, Maurice "Tex" Moore, in a trade of 16 percent of Gen. Dyn. stock in exchange for Henry Crown and his Material Service Corp. of Chicago, headed by Byfield's Sherman Hotel group's Pat Hoy. The Crown family and partner Conrad Hilton next benefitted from TFX, at the time, the most costly military contract award in the history of the world. Obama was sponsored by the Crowns and Pritzkers. So was Albert Jenner Peter Janney has preferred to write of an imaginary CIA assassination of his surrogate mother, Mary Meyer, but not a word about his Uncle Frank.

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Scully View Post
    Hey Jim,
    I just explained, in the Clay Shaw thread, why I am replying to you in this thread.

    I imagine, since it is the earliest from him I can find, Lemann uses his position as editor of The Crimson, to:

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Scully View Post
    ,,,,,
    http://www.thecrimson.com/article/1974/2/6/the-rise-and-fall-of-big/
    The Rise and Fall of Big Jim G.

    Politics

    By Nicholas Lemann, February 6, 1974 ....


    Less than three years later, Lemann is occupying a desk next to Tom Bethel's at the Washington Montthly.
    New Orleans, Mon Amour - AEI

    http://www.aei.org/publication/new-orleans-mon-amour/


    Mar 23, 2007 - Tom Bethell, dismayed by media coverage, traveled back to the beautiful and ....Later, I would go uptown to see Brown, who is a part-owner of the Maple Leaf Bar, a prominent venue for live music. But as a preliminary step I paid a call on an old acquaintance, Thomas B. Lemann , a lawyer well known to the city’s establishment. . ... the consumption ofoystersnow requires a trek into the French Quarter.
    American Enterprise Institute, LOL, of all places?

    Jim, my ardent belief, based on the facts as I have come to know them, is that Garrison "mugged" Ms. Mellen, you, and Zachary Sklar.
    All of you have too much invested to be all that flexible. I am trying to ride the currents where ever the facts flow to. We can agree to disagree but
    you have a megaphone, to your credit, while I am akin to the (Trumpian) 400 lbs. guy in his pajamas on a bed in his mother's basement.

    IOW, you have a greater obligation to figure out and distribute unambiguous, facts supported analysis than I ever will. We could be partners in attempting
    to decipher the Baldwin Lemann Garrison conundrum, especially because they are all family and Garrison was not known to have pointed that out.

    David Baldwin did, andthe first known person he communicated it to was his friend and former employer Clay Shaw, in immediate reaction to Shaw's arrest.
    In the Clay Shaw post I just drew your attention to on that Shaw thread on this forum, I proved that the couple who were later Edwin Walker landlords
    were toasting Baldwin/Shaw pall and later CIA guy, Jesse Core and his fiancee, Lucy Ruggles in that same Turtle Creek house.
    Lucy Ruggles was held in negative light by CIA because she, with friends later with CIA who, along with Core, Baldwin, and Thornley mentor, were all
    former long time visitors or residents of India, all via State Dept., CIA, scholarly, or journalistic assignments.

    Thornley testified that this mentor BOLTON, formerly with the AP in India, visited Core and invited Thornley to accompany him.

    The movement Lucy and her two friends were described in a CIA report as participants was led by....Mac Wallace.
    Ms. Ruggles father was long time DMN editorial editor credited with coining the ANTI ORGANIZED LABOR
    hypocrisy, RIGHT TO WORK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Scully View Post

    ......


    ......

    It surely does not help matters that Harold practically developed a man crush on Jesse Core, intially attracted because he hoped Core could ID
    the person passing out leaflets with Oswald near the Trade Mart.
    [
    PDF]Li a-,-)/wo - The Harold Weisberg Archive


    jfk.hood.edu/Collection/.../Thornley%20Kerry%20Wendell%20.../Item%2013.pdf

    Dave Lifton and Kerry the Great (ask him) Thornley. In all of this biased ... lated to the charge of perjury against Thornley, there is .... that Mentor Bolton also rec.
    The sound of one cricket chirping again, Tom? Always a pleasure to read anything about Kerista !!! Thanks for posting. Enjoy the Festivuses!!

  4. Default

    Tom, I like you personally and I think you usually do good work and I defended you when people were attacking your approach at EF.

    But I am at a loss to explain how you fell for Carpenter. This is a guy who writes for Max Holland. I stopped reading his book when I saw how he covered up the military record of Thrasher who Shaw worked for.

    https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/776

    And that is not all. Carpenter ignores the cover up within the CIA about Shaw's contract agent status. That cover up was ongoing into the nineties. In fact, the ARRB discovered that it was so deep that the CIA destroyed Shaw's 201 file. (ARRB memo from Legaspi to Gunn, 11/14/96) This was all begun by design in the summer of 1964, and I have this through a letter that Gordon Novel wrote after the Garrison investigation, namely that the CIA Office of Security ordered a cover up about Shaw's true Agency status a that time. Why? And why did it never end?

    Why did Shaw lie about knowing Ferrie, Oswald, or being in Clinton/Jackson, and using the Bertrand alias? To quote the late attorney Allard Lowenstein, "In my experience, people with noting to hide don't hide things."

    In my view, there are not a lot of people who you can make a better case against today for complicity in the JFK case than you can with Clay Shaw.

    The other point you once brought up, which I assume you also got from Carpenter, since I never heard you express it before, is just as ersatz. That somehow Garrison's inquiry did not cost him anything. Again, please.

    In 1966, Jim Garrison was ascending very fast to becoming one of the most popular and powerful politicians in the state. He had made headlines--some national-- with his crusade against B girl drinking in New Orleans. He had gotten Governor John McKeithen elected, even though he was a second tier candidate. He confided to a pal at this time that the only other job he really aspired to besides being DA was senator. It was his JFK inquiry that cost him both of those jobs. When someone blows his career ambitions over a case, then how can anyone say that he did not lose anything?

    But it was worse than that. When Connick put together a huge campaign war chest to defeat Garrison in 1973, Garrison had just been through two criminal trials on corruption charges. I can tell you right now that neither of those cases would have ever been brought if not for Garrison's investigation of JFK. So in addition to losing two careers, he almost went to jail. But there is actually more. Once Connick defeated him, and because the power elite in New Orleans had now disdained him, Garrison did not get any job offers, as he had been able to do before the JFK case. People who talked to him at this time said he was renting a small office from a larger law firm. They said he was personally kind of bitter about the whole thing. Does Carpenter say this was all an act? Including the two trials?

    But there is still more. See, Connick, who worked for the Justice Department to defend Shaw, ended up being an absolutely terrible DA. One of the worst in the nation. He was so bad that he was actually singled out from the Supreme Court twice for malpractice. When i asked John Volz, who worked for both men, to compare the two he said there was none. Connick was a disaster as DA. So it was not just a cost to JG but also the city of New Orleans and also the people who Connick used every unethical track with in order to get a conviction. Look it all up if you don't believe me.

    So just what in Hades is Carpenter talking about? As I said, a friend of mine told me that he knew what Carpenter's agenda was from meeting him just once. We don't need any of that anymore in this case. That kind of cover up crap has wielded a lot of damage.

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim DiEugenio View Post
    Tom, I like you personally and I think you usually do good work and I defended you when people were attacking your approach at EF.

    But I am at a loss to explain how you fell for Carpenter. This is a guy who writes for Max Holland. I stopped reading his book when I saw how he covered up the military record of Thrasher who Shaw worked for.

    https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/776

    And that is not all. Carpenter ignores the cover up within the CIA about Shaw's contract agent status. That cover up was ongoing into the nineties. In fact, the ARRB discovered that it was so deep that the CIA destroyed Shaw's 201 file. (ARRB memo from Legaspi to Gunn, 11/14/96) This was all begun by design in the summer of 1964, and I have this through a letter that Gordon Novel wrote after the Garrison investigation, namely that the CIA Office of Security ordered a cover up about Shaw's true Agency status a that time. Why? And why did it never end?

    Why did Shaw lie about knowing Ferrie, Oswald, or being in Clinton/Jackson, and using the Bertrand alias? To quote the late attorney Allard Lowenstein, "In my experience, people with noting to hide don't hide things."

    In my view, there are not a lot of people who you can make a better case against today for complicity in the JFK case than you can with Clay Shaw.

    The other point you once brought up, which I assume you also got from Carpenter, since I never heard you express it before, is just as ersatz. That somehow Garrison's inquiry did not cost him anything. Again, please.

    In 1966, Jim Garrison was ascending very fast to becoming one of the most popular and powerful politicians in the state. He had made headlines--some national-- with his crusade against B girl drinking in New Orleans. He had gotten Governor John McKeithen elected, even though he was a second tier candidate. He confided to a pal at this time that the only other job he really aspired to besides being DA was senator. It was his JFK inquiry that cost him both of those jobs. When someone blows his career ambitions over a case, then how can anyone say that he did not lose anything?

    But it was worse than that. When Connick put together a huge campaign war chest to defeat Garrison in 1973, Garrison had just been through two criminal trials on corruption charges. I can tell you right now that neither of those cases would have ever been brought if not for Garrison's investigation of JFK. So in addition to losing two careers, he almost went to jail. But there is actually more. Once Connick defeated him, and because the power elite in New Orleans had now disdained him, Garrison did not get any job offers, as he had been able to do before the JFK case. People who talked to him at this time said he was renting a small office from a larger law firm. They said he was personally kind of bitter about the whole thing. Does Carpenter say this was all an act? Including the two trials?

    But there is still more. See, Connick, who worked for the Justice Department to defend Shaw, ended up being an absolutely terrible DA. One of the worst in the nation. He was so bad that he was actually singled out from the Supreme Court twice for malpractice. When i asked John Volz, who worked for both men, to compare the two he said there was none. Connick was a disaster as DA. So it was not just a cost to JG but also the city of New Orleans and also the people who Connick used every unethical track with in order to get a conviction. Look it all up if you don't believe me.

    So just what in Hades is Carpenter talking about? As I said, a friend of mine told me that he knew what Carpenter's agenda was from meeting him just once. We don't need any of that anymore in this case. That kind of cover up crap has wielded a lot of damage.
    Falling for Carpenter? Or falling for you, Jim....... the truth will out+ .......... but not in our lifetime. sigh.

  6. Default

    Mark:

    If you read my review of Carpenter's article you will see how I show that Carpenter did not use the declassified documents in his book.

    Therefore, he was concealing important information from his readers about his main subject.

    As I also mention, he was also not candid about General Thrasher's career and Shaw's service with him.

    Then there is the matter of the destruction of Shaw's 201 file which the ARRB discovered in the nineties, along with the hidden contract agent status the man had.

    These are all provable and important facts which Carpenter does not alert his readers to.

  7. #7

    Default

    Having a laptop power issue...will post a serious addition to this reply below the quote box late tomorrow.
    In.the meantime thought provoking (I hope...) prank.
    ...written by a Carpenter protege whose name,
    I discovered, was Tom S....
    I discovered, on Jan. 29, 2016, led by details in David Baldwin wedding announcement
    the. 1968 obit of his mother's brother, in that man's findagrave.com page, (Harold Ziegler) which also described
    his surviving daughter and her husband, Jim Garrison. I spent the next few data searching to determine if
    this was an original discovery.. A few days later I discovered Carpenter included a reference to
    this in his book. I discovered the review of the book by David Blackburst on Holland's website.
    I was engaging Blackburst about omitting.from his Carpenter book review, that David Baldwin advised Clay
    Shaw he was related to Garrison's wife, since it seems obvious no one informed Sklar or Mellen and
    Shaw seems to have kept that to himself. Several days later, I learned Mr. Blackburst had passed.

    I merely backed down Carpenter's driveway and soon drove off. Blackburst found Carpenter worth writing
    about. I have no way of knowing and no way to confirm David Baldwin was Liz Ziegler Garrison's
    godfathet, but I can verify independently he and his brother Edward were her first cousins and that Baldwin's
    Mother in law, Mrs Monte Lemann, was the only paternal grandmother Nicholas Lemann had. His grandfather
    Monte died in 1959. This step grandmother had same name as Baldwin's wife, Mildred Lyons. Mildred Lyons
    Lemann worked for the Sterns from the 1930 opening of the Day School and spent at least one summer
    at the Stern's upstate NY estate.
    Peter Janney's uncle was Frank Pace, chairman of General Dynamics who enlisted law partners Roswell Gilpatric and Luce's brother-in-law, Maurice "Tex" Moore, in a trade of 16 percent of Gen. Dyn. stock in exchange for Henry Crown and his Material Service Corp. of Chicago, headed by Byfield's Sherman Hotel group's Pat Hoy. The Crown family and partner Conrad Hilton next benefitted from TFX, at the time, the most costly military contract award in the history of the world. Obama was sponsored by the Crowns and Pritzkers. So was Albert Jenner Peter Janney has preferred to write of an imaginary CIA assassination of his surrogate mother, Mary Meyer, but not a word about his Uncle Frank.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim DiEugenio View Post

    But I am at a loss to explain how you fell for Carpenter. This is a guy who writes for Max Holland. I stopped reading his book when I saw how he covered up the military record of Thrasher who Shaw worked for.

    https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/776

    And that is not all. Carpenter ignores the cover up within the CIA about Shaw's contract agent status. ....
    I no longer see continuity in the Garrison Investigation debate.For example, Jim, what would you say to Nicholas B Lemann in a debate, considering his family ties?
    If Garrison had been transparent with Joan Mellen or his autobigraphy editor Zachary Sklar, either would have been empowered
    to call out Nicholas B Lemann for what he is....a useful idiot or an agenda driven professional disiformationalist with no relationship to ethical journalism. Lemann obviously had no fear of Garrison disclosure.:

    http://www.thecrimson.com/article/1974/2/6/the-rise-and-fall-of-big/
    The Rise and Fall of Big Jim G.

    Politics

    By Nicholas Lemann, February 6, 1974 ....

    Tom S. Posted:...I got “there” after finding the wedding announcement in the image below and, wanting to learn more about the best man, the younger Raworth, doing a google search combining the terms Raworth, Ziegler, and findagrave, and finding this.: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=69124634
    And:

    ......
    Expanding on my last post, first with author Joan Mellen's take on the Lemann and Baldwin influence on the Garrison Investigation. I disagree that it is settled
    that David Baldwin was the source William R Martin described having lunch with, resulting in Martin's memeo of 24 May, 1967, to NODA Jim Garrison.:





    http://files.usgwarchives.net/la/orl...its/1/l-11.txt
    003004 Lemann – Mildred Crumb Lyons Lemann, A Homemaker, Died Friday At Her Home In New Orleans. She
    Was 94. Mrs. Lemann Was A Lifelong Resident Of New Orleans. … In 1929, She Worked At Metairie Park
    Country Day School, Where She Coordinated The School’s Non-Academic Activities. Survivors Include A Daughter,
    Mildred Lyons Baldwin;

    A Sister, Ethel Crumb Brett; Two Stepsons, Thomas B. Lemann, And Stephen B. Lemann; …. Times Picayune 01-14-1990
    Stephen B Lemann's brother is Thomas Lemann, father of Nicholas B. Lemann. The stepmother of Stephen and Thomas Lemann was Mildred Crumb Lyons Lemann.
    Her daughter, also named Mildred Lyons, was stepsister of Stephen and Thomas Lemann after her mother married their father Monte Lemann in 1947.
    In 1945, Mildred Lyons married David Baldwin. (See first article image inthis post...)

    https://www.maryferrell.org/pages/Un...ranscript.html
    Episode_1_-_Transcript.html
    Unredacted Episode 1: Transcript of Interview with Joan Mellen
    Joan Mellen is the author of A Farewell to Justice: Jim Garrison, JFK’s Assassination, and the Case That Should Have Changed History. This interview was conducted on 22 Feb 2006.
    .......JOAN: – when Baldwin was present, he was a CIA asset, his brother worked for the International Trade Mart and Clay Shaw, David Baldwin, and these, these are CIA people. Malcolm O’Hara is sitting there – he doesn’t know what hit him – and eventually Strate did not cooperate, and he went up there, and he attacked Sheridan – of course, Sheridan had immunity – nothing anyone could say about Sheridan whether in court, affidavits signed against Sheridan, Sheridan had immunity as a National Security Agency asset, cleared for FBI work, cleared for CIA work, working for the Department of Justice -…....
    Considering until 2015 no one ever publicly revealed that David Baldwin was a first cousin of Garrison's wife, Liz Ziegler, or that Anti-Garrison attack dog Nicholas Lemann's
    step-aunt Mildred Lyons Baldwin was the wife of David Baldwin, readers should think twice about Stephen Roy's (aka Blackburst's) attempt to trivialize relationships deliberately
    concealed by both Garrison and Shaw, and by lack of disclosure of Nicholas B Lemann.



    http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...r_mary_sh.html
    on July 18, 2014 at 4:30 PM, updated July 21, 2014
    …the New Orleans’ firm Monroe & Lemann. Partner Stephen B. Lemann has been alleged by JFK theorists to have been chief over all New Orleans-based CIA operatives.
    https://charlierose.com/videos/28642
    Monday 12/30/1991Journalist Nicholas Lemann, movie critic David Denby, and co-screenwriter Zachary Sklar debate Oliver Stone's movie "JFK"
    as well as the facts surrounding the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

    03:14Nicholas Lemann: .....in this case, what the movie is really about, the center storyof the movie, the star who's on this screen the whole time isKevin Costner playing Jim Garrison.I am a non-fan of Jim Garrison.Jim Garrison did the worst thing a public official can do, whichis use the power of the state to take a man who was innocent andwho I think he knew was innocent and put him ontrial, charge himwith a crime to make a larger point about society.That's exactly what Joe McCarthy did andwitch hunters throughouthistory did.
    04:30Charlie Rose: And if you were doing that, how can you tell the truth? Here's a man who's a reporter from--04:37Zachary Sklar: I don't agree with what he just said.04:39Charlie Rose:That Jim Garrison put Clay Shaw on, knowing thathe did not have the facts to convict him?

    Garrison's name and the name Mrs Harry Raworth, the mother of David and Edward Baldwin, appear in the 1968 obit of Harold Ziegler, father-in-law of Jim Garrison.:







    Last edited by Tom Scully; 12-17-2018 at 10:22 PM.
    Peter Janney's uncle was Frank Pace, chairman of General Dynamics who enlisted law partners Roswell Gilpatric and Luce's brother-in-law, Maurice "Tex" Moore, in a trade of 16 percent of Gen. Dyn. stock in exchange for Henry Crown and his Material Service Corp. of Chicago, headed by Byfield's Sherman Hotel group's Pat Hoy. The Crown family and partner Conrad Hilton next benefitted from TFX, at the time, the most costly military contract award in the history of the world. Obama was sponsored by the Crowns and Pritzkers. So was Albert Jenner Peter Janney has preferred to write of an imaginary CIA assassination of his surrogate mother, Mary Meyer, but not a word about his Uncle Frank.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •