Thread: Did anyone ever make a kid's book about the JFK assassination?

1. Default Did anyone ever make a kid's book about the JFK assassination?

I am speaking about a book that normal, responsible parents could and would read to their 6-8 year old kids, if they ask for example: "Who was John F. Kennedy?" or "Why did JFK die?" or "Who shot at the president?" or anything in this range.
    Or what do you think, most normal, responsible parents would answer to such a question?
    What would you yourself answer to such a question?

Thanks for responding.
    The most relevant literature regarding what happened since September 11, 2001 is George Orwell's "1984".

Not that I am aware of Carsten but it would be a great idea for one. I hope some one does it and I hope they are not a lone nut believer.
    "I think it would be a good idea." Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization.

The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.
    Karl Marx.

"Well, he would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies, 1963, replied Ms Rice Davies when the prosecuting counsel pointed out that Lord Astor denied an affair or having even met her.

3. Default

There actually was such a book - a child’s picture book - that described JFK’s death as a murder, and which dealt with the subject in a compassionate manner, but I don’t remember the title or author. I remember browsing through some pages from it online though. Possibly folks at the JFK Education Forum might recall the title, or there might be a thread there about it.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Thorne View Post
    There actually was such a book - a child’s picture book - that described JFK’s death as a murder, and which dealt with the subject in a compassionate manner, but I don’t remember the title or author. I remember browsing through some pages from it online though. Possibly folks at the JFK Education Forum might recall the title, or there might be a thread there about it.
    Can you try to find that, it would be of much interest to me. Likewise any childrens books about other deep events.
    Thank You, Anthony, Magda.
    The most relevant literature regarding what happened since September 11, 2001 is George Orwell's "1984".

5. Default

There was a book published by Jackie Kannon entitled 'Once There Was a President', subtitled 'for children to remember'

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A. O'Blazney View Post
    There was a book published by Jackie Kannon entitled 'Once There Was a President', subtitled 'for children to remember'
    Thank you Mark. It is available used at several places. I bought one.