Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Don Roberdeau's incredible Dealey Plaza map

  1. #1
    Myra Bronstein Guest

    Default Don Roberdeau's incredible Dealey Plaza map

    Don Roberdeau was kind enough to give us permission to post his map of Dealey Plaza. He wants us to link to it so that people always see his latest updates.


    http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/3...pdated1111.gif

    Please give it time to load. Those who have seen it know it's huge. Those who haven't seen it will likely be awed. It's an incredible resource. Invaluable.

    Thank you Don.
    Last edited by Magda Hassan; 11-02-2010 at 01:44 AM.

  2. #2

    Default

    I would like to make Don's map and your JFK time line a sticky so they are always easy to find. I think they are both indispensable to any researcher in this area.
    "I think it would be a good idea." Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization.

    The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.
    Karl Marx.

    "Well, he would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies, 1963, replied Ms Rice Davies when the prosecuting counsel pointed out that Lord Astor denied an affair or having even met her.

  3. #3
    Myra Bronstein Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magda Hassan View Post
    I would like to make Don's map and your JFK time line a sticky so they are always easy to find. I think they are both indispensable to any researcher in this area.
    Great idea Maggie. Yes, let's make Don's map a sticky. Thanks! I'm always downloading copies of it to my PC because I'm so afraid it'll disappear. I wonder how long it took him to create it. I know he's still working on it.

    Oh, I should point out that while it has a Dealey Plaza map, it also has a lot of additional JFK-related material and data.

    I'm still in the process of getting the time line ready. Do you think it should be a post in the JFK board or a link in the links menu?

  4. #4
    Myra Bronstein Guest

    Default Sticky

    That was fast!

  5. #5

    Default

    Yes. Post a separate thread here letting people know about the JFK time line and include the link and we can make it a sticky. That way it wont get lost in the 1,000s of posts in the JFK forum and will be easy to access. people will be able to add information to the thread which you can use to add more detail to the time line. Many hands make light work they say. :party:
    "I think it would be a good idea." Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization.

    The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.
    Karl Marx.

    "Well, he would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies, 1963, replied Ms Rice Davies when the prosecuting counsel pointed out that Lord Astor denied an affair or having even met her.

  6. #6
    Myra Bronstein Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magda Hassan View Post
    Yes. Post a separate thread here letting people know about the JFK time line and include the link and we can make it a sticky. That way it wont get lost in the 1,000s of posts in the JFK forum and will be easy to access. people will be able to add information to the thread which you can use to add more detail to the time line. Many hands make light work they say. :party:
    Oo, good thinking. Ok.

    I'm glad I waited till September to add the JFK time line 'cause (wait for it):

    "From a marketing point of view, you don't introduce new products in August."

    :bandit:

  7. Default Save Picture As

    By right-clicking and selecting Save Picture As, it is possible to save the map and other associated data to a drive.

    The resultant 962-976K gif file can be opened in an image program and manipulated smoothly.

    There is a vast amount of information here; it is an enormous resource.

  8. #8
    Myra Bronstein Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Dragoo View Post
    By right-clicking and selecting Save Picture As, it is possible to save the map and other associated data to a drive.

    The resultant 962-976K gif file can be opened in an image program and manipulated smoothly.

    There is a vast amount of information here; it is an enormous resource.
    Right, thanks for that tip Phil. Don's hard work has saved me so much time. That's the ideal, to build on the work of others so we can make progress.

    Don did stipulate that we provide the link to his map though since he updates it and wants people to have the latest.

  9. Default

    Myra wrote:

    Great idea Maggie. Yes, let's make Don's map a sticky. Thanks! I'm always downloading copies of it to my PC because I'm so afraid it'll disappear. I wonder how long it took him to create it. I know he's still working on it.
    ...
    The first time I saw Don's map was 8 or so years ago, he's been adding ever since...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •