Thread: Settling In

Default Settling In

As we all settle back into our re-upholstered Lazy Boy recliner and reach for the remote that allows us to scan and select (form is nice, aesthetics are great, but function is the reason we are here), I notice a few new members. Some have names that are mildly recognizable and some don't; some are proven researchers or folks with something meaningful to say, and others soon will be.

May I recommend a new thread which can -- like an announcement board be wiped clean and updated periodically -- that will announce all new members, and allow them a brief opportunity to introduce themselves and their interests and expertise, and allow us to extend a welcome and make a new acquaintance. Lots of stuff can be put in the member profile eventually, or the announcements archived, as deemed appropriate.

But we have gone through a bit of a sea change that I sense will be ongoing.
    "Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"

Nice idea Ed. We don't have a place for members to introduce themselves. I'll see what I can do.
    "I think it would be a good idea." Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization.

The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.
    Karl Marx.

"Well, he would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies, 1963, replied Ms Rice Davies when the prosecuting counsel pointed out that Lord Astor denied an affair or having even met her.

As always, Ed, a fine suggestion.