Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Get Egypt back on line.

  1. #1

    Default Get Egypt back on line.

    https://www.accessnow.org/page/s/GetEgyptBackOnline
    Get Egypt Back Online

    With the help of Vodafone and Orange/France Telecom the Egyptian government shut down the internet and cut the phone lines. Now hundreds of thousands of Egyptians demonstrating in the streets for a peaceful end to decades of tyranny have been plunged into an information blackout. These companies have betrayed their own operating principles and left the people defenseless against the iron fist of the Egyptian regime. Nothing is more important to these companies than the value of their brands. Join us in calling them out on their complicity in human rights abuse and demanding that they immediately restore service to Egypt.

    To Vodafone and Orange/France Telecom,

    We call on you to immediately open the Egyptian telecommunications networks. We ask that you stand firm against the Egyptian government and allow the people, and your customers, to communicate freely and openly at this vital time.


    Sign the petition at the link above and pass the link along to others.
    "I think it would be a good idea." Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization.

    The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.
    Karl Marx.

    "Well, he would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies, 1963, replied Ms Rice Davies when the prosecuting counsel pointed out that Lord Astor denied an affair or having even met her.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magda Hassan View Post
    https://www.accessnow.org/page/s/GetEgyptBackOnline
    Get Egypt Back Online

    With the help of Vodafone and Orange/France Telecom the Egyptian government shut down the internet and cut the phone lines. Now hundreds of thousands of Egyptians demonstrating in the streets for a peaceful end to decades of tyranny have been plunged into an information blackout. These companies have betrayed their own operating principles and left the people defenseless against the iron fist of the Egyptian regime. Nothing is more important to these companies than the value of their brands. Join us in calling them out on their complicity in human rights abuse and demanding that they immediately restore service to Egypt.

    To Vodafone and Orange/France Telecom,

    We call on you to immediately open the Egyptian telecommunications networks. We ask that you stand firm against the Egyptian government and allow the people, and your customers, to communicate freely and openly at this vital time.


    Sign the petition at the link above and pass the link along to others.
    Good idea, but I didn't like their privacy statement. They make clear they will collect IP address and browser habits etc.....sorry to say....

    I think this will happen anyway, as Obama called specifically for this to happen.
    If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.” - Frederick Douglass
    "Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
    "Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn

  3. #3

    Default

    Ah, didn't even check that. Some one else could start one that doesn't collect IPs perhaps.
    "I think it would be a good idea." Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization.

    The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.
    Karl Marx.

    "Well, he would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies, 1963, replied Ms Rice Davies when the prosecuting counsel pointed out that Lord Astor denied an affair or having even met her.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magda Hassan View Post
    Ah, didn't even check that. Some one else could start one that doesn't collect IPs perhaps.
    Well, read the privacy agreement. They admit....a few paragraphs down [knowing most won't scroll down] they collect everything they can. They claim they only use it for their 'own' purposes....whatever that means....I just backed off...others may want to go ahead. Sadly, most like that site [which does such things for many causes all the time] do the same. It will really take some research or a very knowledgeable person to know who doesn't.
    If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.” - Frederick Douglass
    "Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
    "Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn

  5. #5

    Default

    I suppose one can just send an email or even an old fashioned letter to Orange and Vodafone to complain to them about their reprehensible behaviour.
    "I think it would be a good idea." Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization.

    The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.
    Karl Marx.

    "Well, he would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies, 1963, replied Ms Rice Davies when the prosecuting counsel pointed out that Lord Astor denied an affair or having even met her.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magda Hassan View Post
    I suppose one can just send an email or even an old fashioned letter to Orange and Vodafone to complain to them about their reprehensible behaviour.
    They likely have a 'contact us' on their webpages. Vodaphone has local offices most everywhere you can phone.
    If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.” - Frederick Douglass
    "Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
    "Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •