Deep Politics Forum
Reclaiming Parkland - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: JFK Assassination (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Reclaiming Parkland (/thread-11002.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Reclaiming Parkland - Charles Drago - 06-07-2013

Jim DiEugenio Wrote:Phil, the stuff I am finding out about Bugliosi and Helter Skelter is, I mean, even for me, its startling. Because I never read that book before I started this one.

I just mailed for a book on the subject that was published in Europe, and I hope I have the opportunity to read the whole thing, its 900 pages, before my deadline at the end of this month.

A simple observation, made without rancor and with the intent to offer positive reinforcement:

By your own admission, Jim, it's clear that your learning curve is appropriately steep and, at this point in time, represents a journey barely begun. With all due respect, please consider extending your deadline until you've been able to mine insight from the startle reflex.

I'm sure you'll agree that the last thing the canon of deep political research needs is another under-informed book-length examination of extraordinarily complex and challenging subjects.

Reclaiming Parkland - Magda Hassan - 06-07-2013

Isn't Schreck married to Anton LaVey's daughter?

Reclaiming Parkland - Magda Hassan - 06-07-2013

Charles Drago Wrote:A simple observation, made without rancor and with the intent to offer positive reinforcement:

By your own admission, Jim, it's clear that your learning curve is appropriately steep and, at this point in time, represents a journey barely begun. With all due respect, please consider extending your deadline until you've been able to mine insight from the startle reflex.

I'm sure you'll agree that the last thing the canon of deep political research needs is another under-informed book-length examination of extraordinarily complex and challenging subjects.
It looks like Amazon already has it up on their site.

Reclaiming Parkland - Jan Klimkowski - 06-07-2013

Magda Hassan Wrote:Isn't Schreck married to Anton LaVey's daughter?

Wiki sez:

Quote:Nikolas Schreck is an American musician, author, film-maker and religious teacher.

Founder and frontman of the experimental occult band Radio Werewolf from 19841993, Schreck is also the author of several books on true crime, cinema, literature, and magic. He directed the documentary Charles Manson Superstar[1] and has appeared in several other documentaries and films. He is married to Zeena Schreck (formerly Zeena LaVey).

Before his conversion to Tantric Buddhism, and his renunciation of Satanism, Schreck was a prominent black magician who worked closely in the late 1980s with Church of Satan founder Anton Lavey, although he was not a member of the Church.[citation needed] Schreck and his wife Zeena co-directed the Werewolf Order and were high-ranking members of the Temple of Set before resigning with several others due to religious and administrative differences. In 2002, Schreck co-founded the Sethian Liberation Movement (formerly the Storm) which is currently located in Berlin.

(snip)

Schreck's "The Manson File" (1988) is a thorough study of the philosophy, music and spiritual ideas of Charles Manson. The book brings Manson's previously obscure ATWA ecology concept and his religious devotion to the Gnostic god Abraxas to public attention. Schreck posited that the demonization of Manson (and perhaps the martyrdom of Manson by other groups) is the result of media sensationalism.

Quote:Zeena Schreck was born in San Francisco, California to Anton LaVey (April 11, 1930-October 29, 1997), and Diane Hegarty (b. July 10, 1942- ), co-founders of the Church of Satan. On May 23, 1967, at the age three years old, Zeena had the most highly publicized Satanic baptism in history performed by her father.[4][5]

From 19851990, she was the High Priestess and spokesperson of the Church of Satan. In 1990 she resigned from the Church of Satan and renounced LaVeyan Satanism.[2][1] She is also the former High Priestess of the Temple of Set, and the co-director of the Werewolf Order and Radio Werewolf, which she led with her husband, musician and author Nikolas Schreck. She is known from the 1980s through her active role publicly defending her religious path in the mass media against allegations of Satanic ritual abuse.

Anyone smell a rat?

Reclaiming Parkland - Charles Drago - 06-07-2013

Jan Klimkowski Wrote:Anyone smell a rat?

"Werewolf"?

"Storm"??

"Berlin"???

I think I smell a rat line.

Charles Drago Wrote:
Jan Klimkowski Wrote:Anyone smell a rat?

"Werewolf"?

"Storm"??

"Berlin"???

I think I smell a rat line.

:lol::lol::lol:

Zeena the Lebensborn.

Which of course makes her the victim of sinister forces.....

Reclaiming Parkland - Tracy Riddle - 06-07-2013

Jan Klimkowski Wrote:With respect Anthony, Schreck's thesis is not "absolutely startling".

The merry band of the Church of Satan, Schreck, Anton LaVey, Ted Gunderson - what a truly fucking each other, fucked up, limited hangout that is.

Years ago I heard an interview on Youtube with Ted Gunderson, where he assured us that all the bad things happening in the FBI started after J. Edgar Hoover died, and that Hoover was really a great guy.

Tracy Riddle Wrote:
Jan Klimkowski Wrote:With respect Anthony, Schreck's thesis is not "absolutely startling".

The merry band of the Church of Satan, Schreck, Anton LaVey, Ted Gunderson - what a truly fucking each other, fucked up, limited hangout that is.

Years ago I heard an interview on Youtube with Ted Gunderson, where he assured us that all the bad things happening in the FBI started after J. Edgar Hoover died, and that Hoover was really a great guy.

They thought they were untouchable......

Reclaiming Parkland - Anthony Thorne - 06-07-2013

I'm reading through the Naval Intelligence, MKUltra and the Hippie Movement thread, following the various links

https://deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/showthread.php?698-Naval-Intelligence-MKUltra-and-the-Hippie-Movement&highlight=manson

and it's clear that the official Helter Skelter narrative conceals a tightly compacted morass of nasty, interconnected activity that many folks would prefer to see left alone. I suppose Bugliosi's success in crafting the official Manson narrative was part of what led David Phillips to ask him to help reinforce the JFK lone-assassin myth. It will be interesting to see how much of the Manson story Jim can compress into the relevant chapter of RECLAIMING PARKLAND.

Levenda lists Schreck's initial Manson volume in his bibliography. The latest edition referenced by Jim came after Levenda's series was published. Also referred to in one of the other threads, (and apparently worthwhile) - Adam Gorightly's THE SHADOW OVER SANTA SUSANA: BLACK MAGIC, MIND CONTROL AND THE MANSON FAMILY MYTHOS.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1840681519/ref=s9_psimh_gw_p14_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0XYA9HVCNAAAXCFN98XA&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

Reclaiming Parkland - Jim DiEugenio - 06-07-2013

Can we calm down a bit?

Just a little.

Thanks.

My book is not about Manson. Its not about cults and the CIA. Its not about Anton Levey. Or Altamont.

My book is about Bugliosi and Tom Hanks and how they molded something important and powerful, namely JFK's assassination, into first, a revival of the WC, and then a reality show.And its about what that means in terms of the movie business today.

My discussion of Helter Skelter goes only as far as to show that the popular mythology about the Tate/LaBianca murders is wrong. And that Bugliosi had a prime and large role in spawning it.

My job is not to solve that case. Sorry. I think JFK, RFK and MLK is plenty for one guy to do. Don't you think so? I sure as heck do.

My job is only to show how what VInce did in that case is as flawed as what he did in Reclaiming History. I don't want to go interview Manson, Watson, Van Houten, Irving Kanarek, Steve Kaye, Lynette Fromme, Brentley and CHambers, the two guys who broke the case with the Hinman murder. Neither do I want to issue FOIAs into the backgrounds of all those people.Neither do I want to go back and review the Watson and Manson trial transcripts. Or go to the Sacramento Archives for their batch of materials.

And to try and solve that case, that is what I would have to do. Just for starters. Because that is the way I work. I don't take any one person's view, be it Mae Brussell, or Shreck, or Sanders, or Adam Gorightly, or Levey--who was really a showman--or John Judge. I understand how that kind of work is not nearly inclusive enough. I liked Mae's work, but she did almost everything through newspapers and magazines and books etc. She was never a field investigator or archive researcher. I know this firsthand since, because of the late Tom Davis, I am one of the very few people who worked out of her archives after she died. And to me, that approach, although you can use it, its not wide enough. At least not to figure out any complex case. You have to supplement it with other methods. Which I do. So if someone else wants to try and do all that--then fine. Go ahead. (And by the way, Shreck has a very long section on the whole Manson was Thetan issue. Its very interesting how it got started.)

So excuse me if I don't join up with Gorightly and John Judge and The Shadow over Santa Susana on this right now. That was never my intent. My intent is to show how this reflects on VB. That is it. And that is quite good enough for my limited purposes.