Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reclaiming Parkland
Posted for Jim D.
Quote:James DiEugenio
RECLAIMING PARKLAND
Tom Hanks, Vincent Bugliosi, and the JFK Assassination in the New Hollywood

A hard-hitting, one-of-a-kind look at how Hollywood and the mainstream
media are getting the Kennedy assassination all wrong!

Reclaiming Parkland details the failed attempt of Tom Hanksand Gary Goetzmancofounder of the production company
Playtoneto make Vincent Bugliosi's mammoth book about the
Kennedy assassination, Reclaiming History, into a miniseries. It
exposes the questionable origins of Reclaiming History in a dubious
mock trial for cable television, in which Bugliosi played the role of
an attorney prosecuting Lee Harvey Oswald for murder, and how
this formed the basis for the epic tome. Author James DiEugenio
details the myriad problems with Bugliosi's book, and explores the
cooperation of the mainstream press in concealing these many
faults during the publicity campaign for the book and how this lack
of scrutiny led Hanks and Goetzman to purchase the film rights.
DiEugenio then shows how the film eventually adapted from that
book, entitled Parkland, does not even resemble Reclaiming History,
though the script for that film displays the same imbalance that
Reclaiming History does.
Reclaiming Parkland also includes extended looks at the littleknown
aspects of the lives and careers of Bugliosi, Hanks, and
Goetzmanincluding Bugliosi's three attempts at political office
and a review of the Tate-LaBianca murders in the light of today's
knowledge of that case. DiEugenio also looks at the connections
between Washington and Hollywood, as well as the CIA influence
in the film colony today. Reclaiming Parkland is a truly unique book
that delves into the Kennedy assassination, the New Hollywood,
and the political influence on how films are made today.

James DiEugenio is cofounder of two organizations, the Citizens
for Truth about the Kennedy Assassination and the Coalition on
Political Assassinations. He was coeditor of The Assassinations, a
book on the deaths of JFK, Martin Luther King Jr., Robert Kennedy,
and Malcolm X, and is the author of Destiny Betrayed: JFK, Cuba,
and the Garrison Case. He lives near Long Beach, California.

$26.95 hardcover (Can. $29.95)
World (E) CQ 30
ISBN 978-1-62636-533-9
6" x 9" 496 pages
History
NOVEMBER
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Thanks Magda.

I don't see the cover. Did you have a problem posting it?

Anyway, when its up at Amazon, I will link.

Tom Hanks and Bugliosi are going to hate my guts.

Man, the stuff I dug up about them. But its all footnotes, so too bad.
Yeah, for some reason the image didn't carry over. I tried a few times...
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Jim DiEugenio Wrote:Thanks Magda.

I don't see the cover. Did you have a problem posting it?

Anyway, when its up at Amazon, I will link.

Man, the stuff I dug up about them. But its all footnotes, so too bad.

Sounds fascinating. The way cultural products are used
for propaganda to mislead the public in relatively subtle
ways (more subtle than Bugliosi's book) is an important
part of the problems surrounding the case and has been
from the beginning. Propaganda is all the more effective
when it doesn't seem like propaganda. Oliver Stone's JFK was
a clear work of agitprop and had a major impact
on public perception and on releasing documents even
though the mainstream media viciously attacked him. This
film PARKLAND seems to offer an opportunity to study the other
side of the coin. By the way, Emilio Estevez's BOBBY was
a real missed opportunity. It seems basically uninterested
in the actual case and is a sub-Altmanesque soap opera
about peripheral characters, poorly written and directed.
Joseph McBride Wrote:The way cultural products are used
for propaganda to mislead the public in relatively subtle
ways (more subtle than Bugliosi's book) is an important
part of the problems surrounding the case and has been
from the beginning.
And the deconstrustion of such stories and myths is vitally important.

Joseph McBride Wrote:Propaganda is all the more effective
when it doesn't seem like propaganda. Oliver Stone's JFK was
a clear work of agitprop and had a major impact
on public perception and on releasing documents even
though the mainstream media viciously attacked him.
They attacked him even before any one had seen it. Just the temerity to deviate from the official script was a thought crime that could not go unpunished.

That's simply an added pleasure.

Based on the thoroughly sourced exposure of the massive CIA operation to destroy Jim Garrison in Destiny Betrayed second edition,

Reclaiming Parkland is sure to be a massive antidote to the ration of crap from Bugliosi lapped up and regurgitated with Hanks' bucks.

I don't find a link or publisher. No doubt by design of search algorithms.

Will welcome information posted here.
Here's the cover:

http://r13.imgfast.net/users/1311/11/27/...00x600.jpg
Thanks Anthony!

Thanks Anthony.

The stuff about Hanks that I unearthed was almost as interesting as the stuff on Bugliosi.

This is where the McBride book on Spielberg came in handy.

See, these two guys were really outsiders growing up. From Joseph's book, in Spielberg's case it was because he felt ashamed to be Jewish, and Hanks because of his fractured family.

When they became successful, they wanted to be insiders. And they did.

I mean, everyone, like Bugliosi, pummels Stone for using too much dramatic license in JFK.

But how many people know that Saving Private Ryan is demonstrably 95% bullshit. The character played by Hanks, who is really the protagonist, never even existed. And there was no platoon organized to search for Ryan, and his name was not Ryan.

Did Bugliosi ever attack that film? Did George Lardner? Did the NY Times and LA Times and Time and Newsweek ever scream, "Why Spielberg's film cannot be trusted?"

Nope. Because Hanks and Spielberg play the game well. And their film is in the good old war picture genre that glorifies American efforts in Europe to liberate the continent from the Nazis.

See, someone like Stone doesn't see it that way. In his series The Untold History of the United States, he tells the truth: It was not America that defeated the Nazis and rolled back their European empire. It was the Russians. It wasn't Eisenhower who should be the hero of WW 2, its Zhukov, the brilliant Russian general who organized the defense of Moscow and defeated the Nazis at Stalingrad. That battle, begun 2 years before Spielberg's D Day, was the real turning point of the war. And that is why France was so weakly defended in 1944. Because Hitler lost so many men and tanks on the Russian front, where over 80% of the Wehrmacht was located. So not only is the Hanks-Spielberg film BS unto itself, its also not the truth in the gestalt.

I will have a lot more to say about this in the book.
Jim

Ready at the first opportunity to preorder your Reclaiming Parkland

I would add what we learn from Guido Giacomo Preparata, Conjuring Hitler, 2005, regarding the significant manipulation of Director of Bank of England (1922-1944) Montagu Norman. Norman in conjunction with London clubs and U.S. associates controlled the financial levers after the cunningly designed Treaty of Versailles to promote the rise of just such a nationalist party and leader as developed.

The strategy was that of the Sea Powers to prevent alliance of Germany and Russia, keeping the World Island divided.

Hence Barbarossa followed by Stalin's urgings delayed; finally the U.S. given the green light in 1944--the Bear had to be weakened before the Eagle could enter the continent.

The standard story of the war will not treat the arrangement for the Cold War to begin from the defeat of the Axis Powers, nor the particular involvement before, during and after of U.S. agencies with the Nazi apparatus and key figures.

Hence it is natural that Hanks who, as you explored, defends the myth there, would also willingly support the Big Lie of the Lone Gunman, etc.

Fascinated to see your exposure of Bugliosi's treatment of Manson, as that event looms large in the legend of the American zeitgeist.

Rosemary's Baby, Altamont, Tate-Bianca to prepare the unconscious for more dark gore--in the wake of the JFK, MX, MLK, RFK assassinations*.

*The Assassinations, Jim DiEugenio and Lisa Pease, 2003, recommended.

Would also like to see Stone meet with Ed Haslam and work up a screenplay CHAVEZ--A CANCER ON THE PEOPLE

At some point the people must be outraged

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paperback edition of Reclaiming Parkland: Expanded and Revised Jim DiEugenio 71 37,836 19-11-2016, 05:39 PM
Last Post: Martin White
  Documentary The Parkland Doctors Martin White 1 3,708 21-06-2016, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Mark A. O'Blazney
  Historic Parkland Hospital closes to patients as new building opens Martin White 0 1,972 20-08-2015, 06:24 PM
  Delivery of the bronze O'Neil casket to Parkland Martin White 7 4,501 01-07-2015, 09:56 PM
  WCR Appendix VIII - The Parkland Doctors' Medical Reports Bob Prudhomme 24 8,843 12-12-2014, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Herbert Blenner
  parkland hospital press conference? Edwin Ortiz 31 12,275 17-11-2013, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  PARKLAND movie out on rental already Anthony DeFiore 4 2,613 09-11-2013, 12:24 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  JFK by Oliver Stone Box office: $70,405,498; Parkland (the movie) Box office:.... Anthony DeFiore 0 1,980 31-10-2013, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Anthony DeFiore
  "Parkland" in Comparison to Oliver Stone's "JFK" James Norwood 24 10,152 19-10-2013, 07:10 AM
Last Post: Joseph McBride
  Parkland nurse recalls JFK assassination Bernice Moore 0 2,024 14-10-2013, 12:45 AM
Last Post: Bernice Moore