Deep Politics Forum
corporate entity becomes 'candidate' kicks off bid for Congress - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Political, Governmental, and Economic Systems and Strategies (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-33.html)
+--- Thread: corporate entity becomes 'candidate' kicks off bid for Congress (/thread-3335.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

corporate entity becomes 'candidate' kicks off bid for Congress - Keith Millea - 17-03-2010

Quote:What I have in mind is a Reggie Perrin-style Grot campaign, based upon maximum honesty - Vote for me, I'm a venal fool! - and minimum ethics. You pay, we legislate. In other words, the real world, but with a serious, reforming purpose.

Yep,right out of the Wavy Gravy playbook(or should I say"Saint Misbehavin'); :flute:

He started campaigning on behalf of Nobody for President ("Nobody's Perfect, Nobody Keeps All Promises, Nobody Should Have That Much Power");
[Image: bio4.jpg]
In

corporate entity becomes 'candidate' kicks off bid for Congress - Paul Rigby - 17-03-2010

Keith Millea Wrote:Yep,right out of the Wavy Gravy playbook(or should I say"Saint Misbehavin'); :flute:

Hate to appear ignorant, Keith, but didn't Nobody win in '76? Good old Jimmy, the Establishment's "Anybody-but-EMK" candidate.

corporate entity becomes 'candidate' kicks off bid for Congress - Keith Millea - 17-03-2010

Quote:Hate to appear ignorant, Keith, but didn't Nobody win in '76? Good old Jimmy, the Establishment's "Anybody-but-EMK" candidate.

[Image: smilielol5.gif]

corporate entity becomes 'candidate' kicks off bid for Congress - Mark Stapleton - 17-03-2010

Susan Grant Wrote:http://www.blacklistednews.com/news-7797-0-15-15--.html

When the Supreme Court decided the case 'Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, henceforth allowing corporate soft money to to influence US elections, Rep. Alan Grayson (D-FL) cynically opined that it would lead to the election of the "congressmen from Wal-Mart. Turns out, he may be right.

Meet Murray Hill, Inc., the first corporation to run for Congress in the US........

So which corporation would you vote for??????? What a lovely choice there will be!:ahhhhh:

Frankly, I applaud the idea.

Cut out the pretense and the middlemen, I say. Let those high paid lobbyists go and get a job. If they were digging ditches or sweeping streets at least they would be contributing something.

How will they work out all the perks if Murray Hill Inc. becomes President? Who would be the first lady?

corporate entity becomes 'candidate' kicks off bid for Congress - Magda Hassan - 17-03-2010

Mark Stapleton Wrote:How will they work out all the perks if Murray Hill Inc. becomes President? Who would be the first lady?
Well, the first lady is meant to be a perk anyway. Along with second ladies and interns etc. I imagine the first lady will be a subsidiary of Murray Hill Inc. Second ladies and interns are usually outsourced.

corporate entity becomes 'candidate' kicks off bid for Congress - Magda Hassan - 17-03-2010

Paul Rigby Wrote:...Brown envelopes are not merely the time-honoured means of conveying the universally welcome backhander...
Do you use brown envelopes in the UK? I think some one is underpaying you. In Oz we have to have brown paper bags. Bloody great big ones chockablock full of baksheesh and still enough room for a sandwich.

corporate entity becomes 'candidate' kicks off bid for Congress - Mark Stapleton - 17-03-2010

Magda Hassan Wrote:I imagine the first lady will be a subsidiary of Murray Hill Inc.

Ughh! Wouldn't that be the corporate equivalent of being wedded to one's offspring?

No, if corporations assume all the characteristics of people, couldn't Murray Hill Inc marry an attractive young company in order to enhance its new career path?

I don't trust corporations who remain single. They could be gay.

Mark Stapleton Wrote:
Magda Hassan Wrote:I imagine the first lady will be a subsidiary of Murray Hill Inc.

Ughh! Wouldn't that be the corporate equivalent of being wedded to one's offspring?

No, if corporations assume all the characteristics of people, couldn't Murray Hill Inc marry an attractive young company in order to enhance its career path?

I don't trust corporations who remain single. They could be gay.
Hey, what's wrong with a family business? But I suppose you are right, at least if Murray Hill Inc is the parent company. That would be wrong. I suppose it would have to be a merger then with an fully independent stand alone company/spouse. And not a hostile take over either.

corporate entity becomes 'candidate' kicks off bid for Congress - David Guyatt - 17-03-2010

I favour the idea greatly.

By a strange coincidence I have a whole stack of pre-stuffed brown envelopes (now sadly empty) that I borrowed from my old bank when I left. So I'm ready to go.

I can also make speeches in the desired fashion, which must be a plus to my candidacy. There are not many things I can remember at my age, but my sort code, account number, and procedure for depositing large bundles of low denomination banknotes remain as sharp as ever.

I'm less fastidious when it comes to dribbling down my tie or dripping gravy on my lapels, nor adjusting my garments properly when returning from a visit to the pre and post prandial drinking excess relief closet. So I should be in excellent company should I ever be elevated to the higher House - that "other" place, where old cocks hang out.

I am also able to pontificate on almost any subject, quite endlessly and tediously, in fact, which is an essential qualification. And I know many excellent restaurants and bars in close proximity to the House.

I commend myself to the House.

corporate entity becomes 'candidate' kicks off bid for Congress - Peter Presland - 17-03-2010

Magda Hassan Wrote:
Mark Stapleton Wrote:How will they work out all the perks if Murray Hill Inc. becomes President? Who would be the first lady?
Well, the first lady is meant to be a perk anyway. Along with second ladies and interns etc. I imagine the first lady will be a subsidiary of Murray Hill Inc. Second ladies and interns are usually outsourced.
(my emphasis)
Yet another coffee-spluttering moment! Laugh