Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
corporate entity becomes 'candidate' kicks off bid for Congress
http://www.blacklistednews.com/news-7797-0-15-15--.html

When the Supreme Court decided the case 'Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, henceforth allowing corporate soft money to to influence US elections, Rep. Alan Grayson (D-FL) cynically opined that it would lead to the election of the "congressmen from Wal-Mart. Turns out, he may be right.

Meet Murray Hill, Inc., the first corporation to run for Congress in the US........

So which corporation would you vote for??????? What a lovely choice there will be!:ahhhhh:
I wonder if it is not already happening now in any case. Have you seen these videos Susan?
http://www.deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/...6#post6556
Apparently most MPs already are corporations. It was news to me too.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Yes, I have seen a lot of John Harris videos.
He quotes the difference between legal and lawful and also quotes the Magna Carta but David suggests there are quite a few versions of it. However 'squatting' is still done today in Britain today which is based on the MC whereby nobody can be thrown out of a property/off land without an order of the King which I presume today would mean the courts.
Despite David's reservations I feel there is something to what John Harris says or perhaps I would just like what he says to be true. Wouldn't it be a lovely kick in the teeth for the money grabbers. We would certainly be having some of thisParty
Yup, I checked out what Harris says and could find no factual legal basis to support his main claims. It would be great were it true. Sadly it's not.

There are several versions of Magna Carta, a few later than the one he references. There is also the problem that that Magna Carta was written specifically for the Barons of the day, because the King needed their support. And anyway, as soon as the ink was dry on the document, the King simply repudiated it and later had it replaced.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
Susan Grant Wrote:http://www.blacklistednews.com/news-7797-0-15-15--.html

When the Supreme Court decided the case 'Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, henceforth allowing corporate soft money to to influence US elections, Rep. Alan Grayson (D-FL) cynically opined that it would lead to the election of the "congressmen from Wal-Mart. Turns out, he may be right.

Meet Murray Hill, Inc., the first corporation to run for Congress in the US........

So which corporation would you vote for??????? What a lovely choice there will be!:ahhhhh:

OK, the challenge then is how to work with the prevailing grain, and yet bring the entire system into complete discredit.

So, a suggestion.

We need, on both sides of the Atlantic, a campaign to win for the voter the same right - to be bought and sold - as that enjoyed by politicians & the traditional mainstream parties. What we should be demanding is the right to auction our votes, not least on ebay, to the highest bidders, precisely as the pols and the parties do. Only we'd retain the high ground by doing it openly and publicly. Such a campaign has the potential to unite a broad strand of public opinion, and would provide much amusement along the way. That's a very attractive combo - satire, laugher and principle. How about it?

Paul
How about a Halliburton / Palin ticket next election....?!?!?!?Confusedhakehands:
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Quote:We need, on both sides of the Atlantic, a campaign to win for the voter the same right - to be bought and sold - as that enjoyed by politicians & the traditional mainstream parties. What we should be demanding is the right to auction our votes, not least on ebay, to the highest bidders, precisely as the pols and the parties do. Only we'd retain the high ground by doing it openly and publicly. Such a campaign has the potential to unite a broad strand of public opinion, and would provide much amusement along the way. That's a very attractive combo - satire, laugher and principle. How about it?

Now that's the kind of creative thinking that is much needed at this time.Although,I must say being just a humble serf,I figure I'm only worth about a buck and a half. Toilet
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
Buckminster Fuller
Paul Rigby Wrote:
Susan Grant Wrote:http://www.blacklistednews.com/news-7797-0-15-15--.html

OK, the challenge then is how to work with the prevailing grain, and yet bring the entire system into complete discredit.

So, a suggestion.

We need, on both sides of the Atlantic, a campaign to win for the voter the same right - to be bought and sold - as that enjoyed by politicians & the traditional mainstream parties. What we should be demanding is the right to auction our votes, not least on ebay, to the highest bidders, precisely as the pols and the parties do. Only we'd retain the high ground by doing it openly and publicly. Such a campaign has the potential to unite a broad strand of public opinion, and would provide much amusement along the way. That's a very attractive combo - satire, laugher and principle. How about it?

Paul

Truly original thinking. I like it. A lot.

But I do see a problem occurring after a period of years. Human nature being what it is, individuals will pool their votes together and vote en bloc, as this will have a higher reward ratio than as an individual. And a few grand barterings later, the realization will dawn that there is no need to hawk their votes at all, just simply elect themselves. And they will have a ready-made, fully-functioning money-making (hyphen) machine er, political party, ready to clean up in a big way by milking big mummy's big purse.

And then Tony Blair will come back and lead them.

And that would be too much and I'd have to kill myself.

And then kill you for suggesting the idea in the first place.

Is there such a thing as killing a Toffee? Toffee-cide perhaps? You see? It really wouldn't do at all. That would leave your team with only one other supporter.

And that would bring into material creation for the first time the well known Zen koan.... the sound of one supporter clapping....

[Image: www.MessenTools.com-emoticones-soccer-futbol-090.gif]
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
David Guyatt Wrote:[quote=Paul Rigby][quote=Susan Grant]http://www.blacklistednews.com/news-7797-0-15-15--.html

But I do see a problem occurring after a period of years. Human nature being what it is, individuals will pool their votes together and vote en bloc, as this will have a higher reward ratio than as an individual. And a few grand barterings later, the realization will dawn that there is no need to hawk their votes at all, just simply elect themselves. And they will have a ready-made, fully-functioning money-making (hyphen) machine er, political party, ready to clean up in a big way by milking big mummy's big purse.

And then Tony Blair will come back and lead them.

And that would be too much and I'd have to kill myself.

And then kill you for suggesting the idea in the first place.

Is there such a thing as killing a Toffee? Toffee-cide perhaps? You see? It really wouldn't do at all. That would leave your team with only one other supporter.

And that would bring into material creation for the first time the well known Zen koan.... the sound of one supporter clapping....

[Image: www.MessenTools.com-emoticones-soccer-futbol-090.gif]

Any connection between Everton Football Club and satire is, er, entirely out of order. However richly merited. And I'll have you know that at least one of my daughters has shown signs of precisely the kind of mental impairment that has made her father's football-watching career so richly unfulfilled. Except, of course, for three years in the mid-1980s, and a very glorious night in Rotterdam in May 1985. But enough of mediocrity; and the incident with the Moluccan pimp.

Back to the topic at hand: Bungs for All!

Now there's a slogan that could unite a nation, and enliven an election or two.

What I have in mind is a Reggie Perrin-style Grot campaign, based upon maximum honesty - Vote for me, I'm a venal fool! - and minimum ethics. You pay, we legislate. In other words, the real world, but with a serious, reforming purpose.
I have been giving the idea serious consideration in the bath. I provisionally favour the title of the “Brown Envelope Party,” or the BEP, for short, if only from the point of view of sowing confusion (British Empire Party, that sort of echo.) Brown envelopes are not merely the time-honoured means of conveying the universally welcome backhander, but also frequently used for postal votes, which are, it almost goes without saying, a fertile source of fraud. And thus our friend.

I hasten to point out that I remain open to offers – preferably in the form of used notes of low denomination – and that any corporation, arms manufacturer, or intelligence bureaucracy with a bigger wedge will, of course, instantly acquire naming rights, however shifty or misleading. After all, in British and American politics, money has always been king, queen, and pretender. Let's celebrate that fact where all can see it.

Anyone interested in standing as a candidate for the proposed party most pass certain basic tests, chief among them, the ability to keep a straight face a la Blair while trousering the readies. Huge quantities of them. A certain kind of rhetorical absurdity is another prerequisite. Can you deliver speeches of this quality?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nxo0fS2VMM

If so, forget the BEP, BBC comedy needs you even more.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Corporate control over politics in pictures! Magda Hassan 2 4,104 30-11-2014, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Looks like the Republicans have taken contol of Congress, and also legalized marijuana in DC Drew Phipps 16 7,938 07-11-2014, 10:24 AM
Last Post: Martin White
  Open Letter to Congress; Regarding Blackmail from the Executive Branch from Roseanne Barr Magda Hassan 1 3,872 17-11-2013, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  The Origin and Evolution of Corporate Personhood Adele Edisen 2 3,302 03-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Vodafone flash mob in London confronting corporate criminals and educating the public. Magda Hassan 7 5,198 28-06-2012, 04:17 AM
  Nicholas Sarkozy, the American Candidate? Adele Edisen 0 2,466 23-04-2012, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Adele Edisen
  Who Runs the World ? – Network Analysis Reveals ‘Super Entity’ of Global Corporate Control Magda Hassan 0 3,067 05-09-2011, 01:16 PM
  Keith Olbermann WAKE UP! AMERICA IS COLLAPSING!!! SUPER CONGRESS = DICTATORSHIP Magda Hassan 0 3,124 04-08-2011, 09:31 AM
  Congress paying for protection as 2012 campaign heats up.. Bernice Moore 0 2,246 16-05-2011, 03:46 AM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  GM Crops Pimped By USG - Wikileaks Docs Reveal. USG not Political, but Corporate Pimp, IMO! Peter Lemkin 1 3,304 04-01-2011, 02:47 PM