Deep Politics Forum
Destiny Betrayed is shipping - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: JFK Assassination (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Destiny Betrayed is shipping (/thread-9948.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Destiny Betrayed is shipping - Jim DiEugenio - 08-01-2013

Thanks David and Jim.

The thing about the Clinton-Jackson incident is that even though the evidence about it is so compelling and fascinating as it is, its still not what it could have been. You will see in the book in a later chapter that Garrison had to pull Dischler and Fruge off the assignment for political reasons. And then he sent Sciambra up there to try and wrap it all up.

The other thing is this: Garrison had to choose between two areas, Clinton-Jackson and Lafayette. There was really interesting stuff going on in the Lafayette area also. But alas he only got to scratch the surface of that one. I mention it in passing later.

Let me know what you think when done. Please post a review on Amazon if you can.

Destiny Betrayed is shipping - Jim Hackett II - 10-01-2013

Jim,
The 2nd edition is much added and improved from the state of the issues in the 1990 world of the 1st edition.

In that this forum is a little more right thinking to my view. Poor choice of word, correct thinking would be better. It is primary that each others works, opinions and so forth promote each other to inform the group of new data, encourage other research by inspiration or by challenging in a civil manner others' input.

This book's 2nd edition got me to dig out Mr. Newman's Oswald and the CIA and your first edition and a few other books covering the LHO issues.

That is a compliment isn't it?

I hope it is taken as such. To be motivated to research an aspect of the endless weekend's events is a positive thing.

This is not to say I will not post a review on Amazon.

I wish some other authors would update their works with the so called new releases.

Sorry, but 1998 data is no longer "new released" data in 2013.
Largely unreviewed, largely unpublished and largely unknown to most - all those terms I could agree with.
Looking forward to BOR tonight.
And Thanks for your book.
Jim

Destiny Betrayed is shipping - Jim DiEugenio - 21-01-2013

Vince Salandria just completed the book. He gave me permission to quote his evaluation of it:

"Jim, you have written extremely well on a subject that is enormously complex. As to be expected, your conclusions and mine are not always precisely congruent. But on a subject as complex and prolix as the Garrison investigation you have demonstrated the integrity, intelligence, work ethic and passion for the truth that gave birth to a work product which you can be rightly proud. You have produced the finest history of the desperate struggle of Jim Garrison to employ his public office as a public trust in unsuccessfully prosecuting Clay Shaw.

When I first met Jim in New York, I told him that he would learn more about the power behind the killing of Kennedy from what would happen to smash his prosecutorial efforts than what he would learn through his investigation. Your explication in your book of the infiltration of Jim's office by the CIA supports my prediction.

Thank you Jim for your fine work."

To be called the best in that field from a guy who was there in the middle of things, well, as I told Vince, that's really something. And I am so glad he understood how difficult it is to write about something as infinitely complicated as the Garrison inquiry in light of the declassified record. Because one of the things I tried to show is that, until these records were released, no one could begin the job of delineating just how large and how subversive the effort was to crush JG. As Len Osanic would say, "All this, because Oswald did it with that 12.95 MC rifle?

Well, finally, its out there. And no one can avoid it anymore. Interesting that Vince told JG at the start that that effort would define both him and JFK's murder.

Destiny Betrayed is shipping - Jim Hackett II - 03-02-2013

Jim DiEugenio Wrote:BTW, once the Kindle gets circulating, perhaps we can arrange a time for a moderated discussion of the book here.

I think that would be interesting considering all the new info contained in the book.

Jim,
I think this idea is worthy of pursuing.
FWIW.

Destiny Betrayed is shipping - Jim DiEugenio - 03-02-2013

Whenever the mods here want to set it up and let me know about a week in advance, I will go ahead and get ready.

Meaning I will reread the book again to prepare myself.

Destiny Betrayed is shipping - Jim DiEugenio - 15-03-2013

Skyhorse has just released the audio version of Destiny Betrayed.

I didn't even knowthey were doing one.

http://www.audible.com/search/ref=ftx_top_nav_search_1

Also, if anyone in the LA area wants their book signed, I will be at Eso Won books in Los Angles this Wednesday at 7 PM.

Destiny Betrayed is shipping - Magda Hassan - 15-03-2013

Jim DiEugenio Wrote:Skyhorse has just released the audio version of Destiny Betrayed.

I didn't even knowthey were doing one.

http://www.audible.com/search/ref=ftx_top_nav_search_1

Also, if anyone in the LA area wants their book signed, I will be at Eso Won books in Los Angles this Wednesday at 7 PM.
I'm quite a fan of audio books. I don't get much time to sit and read but I can listen while I am doing other things. I'm really pleased to hear it is available in this format. I wish all books were. And it also makes it accessible to the sight impaired.

Destiny Betrayed is shipping - Phil Dragoo - 15-03-2013

Audio books are excellent for busy people who cannot funnel their visual focus on a screen.

There is so much information in Destiny Betrayed II it is a double-crusted woven-lattice cherry pie for the mind:

http://www.audible.com/pd/ref=sr_1_1?asin=B00BHQ680M&qid=1363308972&sr=1-1

Just as with Arrogance and Unspeakable. Not fast food.

Destiny Betrayed is shipping - Jim DiEugenio - 15-03-2013

Len Osanic just bought the audio version.

Might be the first one.

Maybe he will play a section on his show.

Destiny Betrayed is shipping - LR Trotter - 15-03-2013

FWIW, those of us who are a little older and/or wear glasses, reading can be somewhat more tiresome than without glasses or younger. For that reason, for me personally with audio availability I find it more likely that I will be able to enjoy some additional research. Definitely a plus.

:cleanears: