Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MI6 enters the Labour leadership debate with vintage "Red Smear" piece in the Torygraph
[video=youtube_share;iFo5a3PFn1M]http://youtu.be/iFo5a3PFn1M[/video]
"There are three sorts of conspiracy: by the people who complain, by the people who write, by the people who take action. There is nothing to fear from the first group, the two others are more dangerous; but the police have to be part of all three,"

Joseph Fouche
It is just now I've had a chance to watch this. Dodgy internet connection was no good for watching videos. But great speech sensible policies and who ever chose the closing song - genius! I do feel that Jeremy has a deep love for humanity and we need much more of that in our life and politics.

"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
God, I love this journo!

Quote:

There must be something wrong with Jeremy Corbyn if he doesn't want to cause a nuclear holocaust

It's such a shame Labour didn't elect somebody more moderate who would be willing to press the button, such as Kim Jong-un
[Image: corbyn-nuke.jpg] Jeremy Corbyn waves as a nuclear holocaust unfolds behind him AFP/Getty Images We knew Jeremy Corbyn was mad, but now we know he's psychotic. It turns out he won't press the button to annihilate cities in a nuclear holocaust. How could anyone be that mentally unstable?
Corbyn revealed himself as a danger to us all by saying quietly "no", in response to a calm and measured radio presenter yelling "Would you be prepared to press the button?" at him.
This should be a test in institutions for the criminally insane, to check whether an inmate should be released back into the community. If they suggest that, on balance, they wouldn't obliterate a geopolitical region in radioactive firestorms slaughtering millions of civilians and rendering a continent uninhabitable for 50 billion years, they should go back in a straitjacket like Hannibal Lecter. Only when they've learned to shout "I WANT TO PRESS THE BUTTON AND MAKE EVERYONE'S SKIN DISSOLVE" should they be let free to mix safely with their fellow citizens.
[URL="http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-says-nuclear-weapons-didnt-do-us-much-good-on-911-a6673631.html"][Image: jeremy%20corbyn%20nuclear.jpg] Read more

Jeremy Corbyn says 'nuclear weapons didn't do US much good on 9/11'

[/URL]
Next week he should be exposed even more, with an interviewer asking: "Would you personally, Mr Corbyn, attack Putin with a chainsaw? Answer the question, Corbyn, yes or no? If someone mocked you at a United Nations conference, would you sever his head and shriek like a hyena as you smeared his blood on your bare torso or can you not be trusted with our security?
"What about crocodiles, Mr Corbyn, would you release them at the French if necessary? If you knew a wizard would you get him to turn the Iranian ambassador into a centipede, or are you too soft? Would you be prepared to laugh as you used a Death Star? Even if you did press the button to launch nuclear missiles, would you sing the national anthem as you did it, or would you do it silently because you hate Britain?"
This is just one more consequence of Labour choosing an extremist as a leader. It's such a shame they didn't select a moderate who would be prepared to press the button, such as Kim Jong-un, the North Korean leader.
Play

0:55

/

0:55

Fullscreen

Mute

[Image: ind-video-watermark-ro.png]

Jeremy Corbyn and the right-wing media

The shadow Defence Secretary Maria Eagle said Corbyn's answer "wasn't helpful", and you can see why she was so shocked by it. He sprung this idea of opposing Trident on his party with no prior warning except for a lifetime of vocal support for the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament, and campaigning to be Labour leader on the policy of opposing Trident.
He would have come across as far more trustworthy had he said: "Having spent my life opposing Trident, of course I'll press the button. I'll do it now by practising on Weymouth, if you like."
Now we've established that the country would be in terrible danger without Trident, the biggest worry is that only a few countries have nuclear missiles at all. All those places must be living in constant terror. Not only should we renew Trident, we should make extra Tridents, for all the countries that don't have them, starting with Iceland and Vanuatu, or we'll never be able to relax.

Read more

But the main reason we must keep making weapons that could blow up the planet is to preserve jobs. The Conservative Party is especially anxious about this, which you can understand, because for the past 40 years it thought about little else apart from making sure everyone has a job.
When the minimum wage was suggested, the Conservatives opposed it because it would cost hundreds of thousands of jobs. They were the same with the fox-hunting ban, which they said would cost thousands of jobs. It's the same with Trident; if there was a nuclear war there would be loads of work to be had sweeping up, so we'd all feel the benefit.

Jeremy Corbyn: Sharpening up his style

They care so much about jobs they're prepared to pay £100bn for Trident, so you'd think for that amount of subsidy, they could be paid to carry out any number of useful acts, such as teaching wasps to dance, turning old nuclear warheads into luxury apartments for Russian businessmen, or spending all day trying to annoy Noel Edmonds. Then, when he complained, the Conservatives could say, "Mr Edmonds' outrageous demands will cost this country 40,000 jobs."

Unfortunately, these moderate policies haven't been explored much, as the media seems to lag behind changing attitudes. For example, after Jeremy Corbyn's speech, the TV coverage turned to three "experts", for their analysis all of whom were fans of Tony Blair, whose favoured candidate won 4.5 per cent of the vote in the election for leader.
This would be like following a Blair speech in 1997 by saying: "Now let's turn to our panel to see what they thought. With me are experts Jeremy Corbyn, along with an anarchist in a black mask from Arson Unite, Hugo Chavez, and the deputy leader of the Peruvian Marxist Peasant Army of Pure Hatred. Let me turn to you first, deputy leader, did this speech reach out to your guerrillas or was it only aimed at the people in the hall?"
But, together, we can all address Corbyn's difficulties. Because as with any mental health issue, maybe his problems can be resolved with therapy. An analyst could show him film of Hiroshima exploding, and ask in a soothing voice: "Why do you feel uneasy about firing missiles 100 times more powerful than that? Is it because you had an argument with your father?"
Then he could be gently coaxed back to rational behaviour. He could start by injecting kittens with radiation, then spray plutonium around a school until the happy day when he answers a question about pressing the button by screaming "yes, yes, YES" like decent, normal, moderate people.
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/ther...75931.html
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Jeremy Corbyn now abandoned by everyone apart from voters'

BY RICKW | DECEMBER 4, 2015 · 2:13 PM

http://eveningharold.com/2015/12/04/jere...om-voters/

Quote:Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn is now so isolated politically that he can only call upon the support of a shadowy group of people known in the UK as "voters", it emerged today.

Facing certain defeat in the Oldham by-election, Corbyn played a typically dastardly trick in persuading normal English people to come out of their homes in droves to vote for the Labour candidate.

The result, in which Labour scored a huge popular majority with an increased share of the vote, was condemned by commentators as "treason" and "Labour sympathising".

Sun columnist Ron Liddle explained that Labour hadn't really won at all, as getting the most votes in a democratic election was no guarantee of fairness, and proved his point with examples from history including Hitler, Stalin, and, confusingly, ABBA's 1974 Eurovision Song Contest hit "Waterloo".

It is unclear where Corbyn can go after this disastrously huge victory. If this performance could be reproduced in the next General Election, Labour would be in line for a stunning victory, but this would be unlikely to save a man who is frankly not allowed to win.

"Corbyn will be feeling pretty ashamed this morning," insisted Prime Minister David Cameron. "Making it clear to the voters that you don't support indiscriminate bombing, and then expecting them to vote for you well, it's a pretty low trick. Certainly something I'd never do."

Meanwhile, Nigel Man that time forgot' Farage was making a convincing case why the Oldham election was unfair to his voters. Apparently, the local preference for postal voting discriminated against UKIP supporters, because they "can't work out how to use stamps."
"There are three sorts of conspiracy: by the people who complain, by the people who write, by the people who take action. There is nothing to fear from the first group, the two others are more dangerous; but the police have to be part of all three,"

Joseph Fouche
Corbyn wins the leadership. Again.
Probably not the end of the crap though.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=8548&stc=1]

Guardian columnist @Nicklezard and Zoe Jemp from @JewishLabour casually chatting about assassinating Jeremy Corbyn. pic.twitter.com/FwNYB7tQTS

529 retweets 224 likes

Attached Files
.jpg   Screenshot from 2016-09-24 21:29:08.jpg (Size: 19.91 KB / Downloads: 16)

Er, heard of ISIS, Jeremy? Hapless Corbyn says he doesn't understand why MI6 needs to recruit a thousand more spies

MI6 is to recruit 1,000 more spies as it combats ISIS-style terrorism
But Corbyn said he did not see why boosting numbers was necessary
Also dismissed need for more defence spending and backed controversial abuse probes into troops

By JAMES TAPSFIELD, POLITICAL EDITOR FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 10:57, 25 September 2016 | UPDATED: 13:13, 25 September 2016

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...spies.html

Quote:Jeremy Corbyn has condemned plans to recruit an extra 1,000 spies to combat ISIS and cyber warfare tactics - saying he does not understand why they are needed.

The Labour leader made the extraordinary remarks as he dismissed the need to increase the defence budget.

The veteran left-winger also risked enraging British troops by insisting investigations over abuses in Iraq and Afghanistan should continue.

Mr Corbyn was speaking at the Labour conference in Liverpool after trouncing rival Owen Smith to be re-elected to the party's top job.

The CND member has been trying, and so far failing, to make scrapping nuclear weapons Labour's official policy.

And he was recently ridiculed as naive for suggesting that he would install a 'minister for peace' if he ever wins the keys to Downing Street.

It emerged last week that MI6 is to recruit 1,000 new spies following a stark warning from its chief that the threat from Islamic State-style terrorism will last a 'professional lifetime'.

Alex Younger known as 'C' said ISIS-style terrorism posed a 'persistent threat', driven by the internet revolution and the breaking down of international barriers.

In a rare public appearance at a security conference in Washington DC, he said 'deep social economic and demographic drivers' meant there was little sign of the 'enduring' danger disappearing soon.

The extra 1,000 staff would mean a 40 per cent rise by 2020, to a total of 3,500.

But asked about the expansion today, Mr Corbyn told the BBC's Andrew Marr show: 'I don't necessarily think that is particularly necessary.

'I am unclear as to why they want to be so much bigger.'

Mr Corbyn refused to condemn the controversial Ihat process for investigating alleged abuses by troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.

There has been criticism that soldiers have been hounded for years over spurious claims, with cases often funded by legal aid.

'I have spoken to a number of soldiers that have served in Afghanistan and Iraq and I recognise the awful conditions that they were asked to serve under, and the difficulties they had with that,' Mr Corbyn said.

'But I do think there has to be a recognition that we have signed up for international law on the behaviour of troops.

'America is going through the same experience, as do other European countries even though they're not signed up to the International Criminal Court. So I think there has to be investigations. Saying never to prosecute I think would be a step too far.'

The UK has committed as a member of Nato to spend 2 per cent of its GDP on defence.

Asked if the budget should be higher or lower, Mr Corbyn said: 'I don't think it should be any higher.

'I think it should be efficiently used, but I also think the defence budget should also be used where necessary so that Britain is very good at actually giving aid and comfort during emergencies. Look at what we did during the Ebola crisis and other things.'

He added: 'We've been through a period of putting a lot of money and a lot of troops in a very dangerous place and we've lost a lot of troops as a result of that. I think we need to reflect on that.'

Mr Younger's intervention followed a string of terrorist attacks on continental Europe over the past 12 months, including the November 2015 attack on Paris, the worst in its history, and the July attack in Nice when a lorry mowed down crowds celebrating Bastille Day.

In March 32 people were killed in twin suicide attacks in Brussels.

Mr Younger did not mention the rise in staff numbers, but did warn of the damage done by the leaking of secrets by Snowden, and said developments in technology presented both an 'existential threat and a golden opportunity' to security agencies.

Asked if the terror threat from groups such as IS and Al Qaeda had reached its peak, he said: 'I would like to be optimistic about this but we have got quite long experience of this phenomena now and I see it very much as the flipside to some very deep-seated global trends, not least of all globalisation the reduction of barriers between us.

'It's a function also of the information revolution and the capacity for ideas to travel. It is fuelled by a deepening sectarian divide in the Middle East and there are some deep social economic and demographic drivers to the phenomenon that we know as terrorism.

'Allied with the emergence of state failure this means that, regrettably, this is an enduring issue which will certainly be with us, I believe, for our professional lifetime.'

Joseph Fouche
Roberts has made a well-rewarded living massacring history for the benefit of the Tory Party and its friends in The Charlatans & the FO. Here he is in characteristic form:

This missed opportunity to crush Corbyn has condemned Labour to oblivion

ANDREW ROBERTS

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/...labour-to/

Quote:No one can say that the catastrophe that has just engulfed the Labour Party with the re-election of Jeremy Corbyn on a thumping 61.8 per cent of the vote including 59 per cent of full party members was not entirely self-inflicted.

They have had their very own "second referendum" and have deliberately chosen to go down the path of electoral oblivion, despite all the polling data, the historical parallels and the warnings from the only people in recent Labour history who have actually won elections. The morning after the Conservatives are re-elected in 2025 probably with a 60-year-old Boris Johnson as prime minister Labour Party members will not be able to blame it on anyone else.

"We've got to demand systemic change," the shadow chancellor John McDonnell was caught stating on a video recorded in 2013 which came to light 10 days ago. "Look, I'm straight, I'm honest with people: I'm a Marxist. This is a classic crisis of the economy a classic capitalist crisis. I've been waiting for this for a generation! For Christ's sake don't waste it, you know."

Quite apart from the repulsive cynicism of the remark, the frank assertion that he was a Marxist (a pedant would argue Marxist-Leninist) ought to have sunk the campaign. It should have been the equivalent of Theresa May being caught on camera saying she wouldn't accept Syrian refugees into Britain because "Look, I'm straight, I'm honest with people: I'm a racist." Yet it barely caused a ripple in the narcissistic, conspiracy theory-addicted closed echo-chamber that is Jeremy Corbyn's Labour Party.

There should have been parallels with the career of George Lansbury, leader of the Labour Party from October 1932 to October 1935, who was beloved of the rank and file, reformed the party's organisation just wait for the Corbynista purge later this year and believed in systemic change through a mixture of revolutionary and evolutionary methods, as he set out in his book My England (1934).

Like Corbyn he was a pacifist, who, in October 1933, even after Hitler had come to power, told his party conference: "I would close every recruiting station, disband the Army and disband the Air Force." He was finally forced out by the Labour moderates, as the Tories sailed to a massive landslide election victory. As he lay dying in May 1940, just as Hitler unleashed his Blitzkrieg on the West, he asked for his ashes to be buried at sea as "I am a convinced internationalist".

The moderates in the Labour Party of Bevin and Attlee were capable of ruthlessness against pacifists such as Lansbury as well as the Communists who constantly tried to infiltrate the party, but today's moderates have lost that knack, as yesterday's result shows. Labour's general secretary Iain McNicol was accused by Corbynistas of trying to carry out a "rigged purge" are there any other kind? by excluding party members who joined after January 2016, but it clearly made little difference. Watch now for hard Leftists such as Jennie Formby of Unite now being set up against McNicol, or, just as likely, McNicol adopting a Corbynist tune to save his job.

Across the party there are moderates worrying about their futures, especially as the boundary changes will undoubtedly be used by Momentum to effect widespread deselection of moderate MPs. All political parties have collective, almost folk, memories, and the strongest one in Labour is of the SDP split of 1981-82, in which some of the brightest and best Labour ministers left the party over its policy of unilateral nuclear disarmament (expect that to come up again at the Labour party conference in Liverpool, by the way) as well as the leadership of Corbyn's predecessor Michael Foot.

Yet it is vital not to mix up cause and effect, as the Corbynistas like to do in their myth-making over the SDP split. It was the prior unelectability of Foot's Labour Party that was the ultimate spur to the actions of Roy Jenkins, David Owen, Shirley Williams and the other moderates in leaving Labour. It was not the split that made Labour unelectable, putting Margaret Thatcher in power for years; Labour had accomplished that by itself already, just as it has done all over again yesterday.

Those memories or in this case, this false-memory syndrome torments the Labour moderates today. They fear that splitting Labour will merely hand over power to May-Johnson for the foreseeable future, so instead of leaving en masse they will be salami-sliced away by the superior political ruthlessness of Corbyn, McDonnell, and Labour's terrifying communications director Seamus Milne (who is a dead ringer for the heartless Bolshevik commissar Strelnikov played by Tom Courtenay in Doctor Zhivago). If you want to see what will happen to the plotters after this failed coup attempt, think President Erdogan in Turkey.

There is even some evidence that key moderates don't understand how dire the situation truly is. Writing in the Guardian yesterday, McNicol emphasised how Labour in 2015 had seen a "triumph in London, in Bristol, and we still have a Labour first minister in Wales. We have a huge influx of new members, we are half a million-strong and the biggest party in Europe. Theresa May has never won an election as prime minister. Our job is to make sure she never does."

Choosing this week of all weeks to challenge Mrs May to try to obtain a personal mandate as prime minister in a general election shows how divorced from reality some Labour moderates are. If Mrs May asked the British people today who they would trust to deliver a competent Brexit her or Jeremy Corbyn it would lead to Labour's electoral annihilation.

Labour's hatred of Blairites who after all did deliver the party three successive election victories for the only time in its history was on full view in the campaign, with McDonnell describing Alastair Campbell's views as "nauseating" on Question Time. Whereas Tories tend to venerate the leaders who win them elections, Labour puts ideological purity before electoral success. The more Left-wing the Labour leader as demonstrated by Lansbury, Foot, and Corbyn in due course the worse they do; by total contrast the more Right-wing the Tory leader Lord Salisbury and Margaret Thatcher being the best examples the more likely the Tory landslide.

The reason that the Tory party has not split since 1845 is not simply because they are more focused on being in power than on winning ideological battles, it is because they have tended to choose the right leaders at the right time and have also viciously disposed of the wrong ones. There has always been a potential assassin in the wings, hiding his knife in his (or her) toga and ready to look credible in power.

Today, none of the Labour moderates fulfils that role. David Miliband is abroad; Dan Jarvis and Sir Keir Starmer are unknown and untried; Tristram Hunt is too good-natured; Chuka Umunna flinched from the struggle; Tom Watson is in denial; Yvette Cooper is uncharismatic; Ed Balls is out of parliament and busy dancing.

It is impossible to imagine any of them saying, as Winston Churchill told a dinner in New York in 1949: "I tell you, it's no use arguing with a Communist. It's no good trying to convert a Communist, or persuade him. You can only do it by having superior force on your side [and using it] in the most ruthless manner."

Until a credible Labour moderate can say that about Jeremy Corbyn who was lauding Karl Marx on The Andrew Marr Show as recently as July 2015 the party deserves all it's about to get.

Joseph Fouche
I think Andrew needs a Bex and a good lie down. He is being a bit histrionic isn't he?

Magda Hassan Wrote:I think Andrew needs a Bex and a good lie down. He is being a bit histrionic isn't he?

Astonishingly camp, like on old Tory queen who's discovered a special adviser in his bed - he can barely contain himself!

Rum lot of buggers, these Tories.

Joseph Fouche

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The GOP's electrifying debate Paul Rigby 0 3,403 24-09-2015, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  Presidential Debate Greg Burnham 2 2,899 23-09-2013, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Jim Hackett II
  vintage print ads Bernice Moore 0 2,341 24-08-2011, 05:25 AM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  an elevated piece of granite Ed Jewett 2 2,763 01-04-2010, 04:41 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett