Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coup Underway in Turkey
There was a story the other day on NPR/BBC that a Turkish journalist resigned rather than continuing to work under the new Erdogan government, after blowing the whistle on the Turkish government's providing arms to Syrian rebels.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37081804

There's also this story:

Turkey To Release 38,000 Prisoners Early To Make Room For Coup Conspirators

http://www.npr.org/2016/08/17/490386973/...nspirators

Which will be a lot of floor space for 10 guys, even if they are Americans.

Maybe, just maybe, Turkish journalists aren't quite as free to speak the truth as one would hope.
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Alan Ford: "Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it so."
Turkish journalists haven't been able to speak freely for a long time.

What is more significant for me, are recent comments in Turkey about how NATO is treating them badly and thus their proposal for Turkey and Russia to consider closer military ties in the future. This apparently is sending the Pentagon into a mad frenzy.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
Drew Phipps Wrote:There was a story the other day on NPR/BBC that a Turkish journalist resigned rather than continuing to work under the new Erdogan government, after blowing the whistle on the Turkish government's providing arms to Syrian rebels.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37081804

There's also this story:

Turkey To Release 38,000 Prisoners Early To Make Room For Coup Conspirators

http://www.npr.org/2016/08/17/490386973/...nspirators

Which will be a lot of floor space for 10 guys, even if they are Americans.

Maybe, just maybe, Turkish journalists aren't quite as free to speak the truth as one would hope.

The "human rights" wing of the American deep state is assuredly about to discover all kinds of appalling infractions of "democratic norms," from a failure to fill the coffers of the Clinton Foundation to torturing the wrong people. As for a "free press," it really is time America acquired one.
"There are three sorts of conspiracy: by the people who complain, by the people who write, by the people who take action. There is nothing to fear from the first group, the two others are more dangerous; but the police have to be part of all three,"

Joseph Fouche
And yet here we are (the members of this forum), freely engaging in debate, making critical comments, advocating unconventional beliefs, for the benefit of both members, and other inquiring minds, without a fear of being jailed or shot dead for our efforts. I bet if the founders of this forum were crass enough to sell advertising, we could eventually have a board of directors, get paid for contributing, and eventually sell out to some political party that needed a tame media outlet.

Hmm. Even if we stay free (ideologically and economically), I wonder if those little press passes that you stick in your hat are a possibility?
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Drew Phipps Wrote:And yet here we are (the members of this forum), freely engaging in debate, making critical comments, advocating unconventional beliefs, for the benefit of both members, and other inquiring minds, without a fear of being jailed or shot dead for our efforts.

I do Drew. You don't see the emails from the lawyers for the arms dealers and other assorted bottom feeders. And not just those. I don't put some stuff up here because of personal repercussions.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Drew Phipps Wrote:And yet here we are (the members of this forum), freely engaging in debate, making critical comments, advocating unconventional beliefs, for the benefit of both members, and other inquiring minds, without a fear of being jailed or shot dead for our efforts. I bet if the founders of this forum were crass enough to sell advertising, we could eventually have a board of directors, get paid for contributing, and eventually sell out to some political party that needed a tame media outlet.

Hmm. Even if we stay free (ideologically and economically), I wonder if those little press passes that you stick in your hat are a possibility?

No forum or other critical entity can hope to compete with the mass circulation media, where control of the public mind rests and the narrative is perennially set. It matters very little what we say here at DPF because our reach is very limited.

I used to have one of those little press passes (a "press card" in the UK) but that of itself is meaningless. Try earning a living writing articles that are revelatory where it truly hurts, and you'll quickly learn how to walk in the wilderness and live on cans of soup and baked beans.

Big, meaningful and important stories get spiked all the time.

Which, of course, places the "ideological and economic freedom" in the realm of empty myths.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Ticking Time Bomb: Media Hypes Nuclear Threat in Turkey to Justify Action

Published on Aug 17, 2016

In this episode of Newsbud's Spotlight with Sibel & Spiro, we examine the motives of the recent hype and fear mongering by the media and think tanks concerning the US nuclear weapons currently stored at NATO's Incirlik Air Base in Turkey. It appears the Nukes are being used as a pretext for justification for US action in Turkey, reminiscent of the media's false reporting of the WMD's in Iraq and other fabricated stories to justify wars.

[video=youtube_share;ysUp13WjMiI]http://youtu.be/ysUp13WjMiI[/video]

Show Notes
http://bit.ly/2befMEV
"There are three sorts of conspiracy: by the people who complain, by the people who write, by the people who take action. There is nothing to fear from the first group, the two others are more dangerous; but the police have to be part of all three,"

Joseph Fouche
Turns out there was a very badly rated Turkish film in 2015 called "Code Name KZ" which eerily reflect the events that unfolded a year later. Life imitating art? Or were the real planners of the "coup attempt" just fans of the flick? IMDB says its the worst film of all time; however, they apparently didn't watch "Amerigeddon" starring Alex Jones (which gets my vote).

I wonder why, if the "attempted coup" was supposed to be casis belli for a US pre-emptive action to repossess its nuclear warheads, that the US government would wait a month or more to crank up the "mighty wulitzer"? We didn't want it to interfere with the 2016 summer Olympics? (btw Turkey has 2 silver medals and 2 bronze medals) We were too fascinated by the slow-motion train wreck that is the Republican Party and forgot? I don't know about you guys, but for me to find stories about Turkey, I have to listen to the BBC News Hour, or come here and look for them, not like in 2002-2003 when I could sit in my living room and get bombarded by the WMD bull that came with the Iraq invasion.

It may very well be that the Turkish people, having swallowed the "US backed Gulenist coup" story hook, line, and sinker, are waiting fearfully for the next shoe to drop. I can assure them, as of yesterday, the American mainstream media are not hyping a "pre-invade-Turkey" hysteria. I can make no promises about the future.

Magda Hassan Wrote:
Drew Phipps Wrote:And yet here we are (the members of this forum), freely engaging in debate, making critical comments, advocating unconventional beliefs, for the benefit of both members, and other inquiring minds, without a fear of being jailed or shot dead for our efforts.

I do Drew. You don't see the emails from the lawyers for the arms dealers and other assorted bottom feeders. And not just those. I don't put some stuff up here because of personal repercussions.

I thank you, Magda, for taking the heat.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Building Totalitarianism in Europe – The Last Coup of Victoria Nuland David Guyatt 1 6,158 09-01-2017, 01:42 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Turkey Invades Syria Lauren Johnson 22 41,240 05-09-2016, 10:54 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  The US & Russia in Secret Plan Against Turkey's Erdogan David Guyatt 4 6,786 05-06-2016, 08:21 AM
  BREAKING NEWS:Turkey street riots Keith Millea 57 22,156 14-07-2013, 01:54 PM
  Car crash in Turkey with deep implications. Magda Hassan 2 3,626 26-06-2013, 04:19 AM
  IRAN: US/Israeli "False Flag" attack may be underway James H. Fetzer 12 12,763 18-01-2012, 03:29 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  Turkish general arrested over coup plot Ed Jewett 1 3,784 07-09-2011, 06:57 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Ivory Coast mercenary coup plot claims are absurd, says US David Guyatt 7 6,455 02-01-2011, 12:37 PM
  Israel is seen as a central threat to Turkey Magda Hassan 1 3,206 02-11-2010, 12:27 PM
  A coup in Turkey before any attack on Iran ?? Peter Presland 14 9,444 16-08-2010, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin