Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"What Happened to JFK--and Why it Matters Today"
Jack White Wrote:
Charles Drago Wrote:Jim, Jack,

Let's agree to mostly agree.

Agreed?

I recently posted the only alleged "Major Lopez" photo I have. It is alternately claimed that it was taken at Pakse and at Long Tieng in 1970.

I can share the following:

In an August 4, 2005 post on another forum, the aforementioned Al Carrier included this in a response to GPH: "I possess a copy of the file on our 'Major Lopez' and have tracked down the family the deceased man. I also hold three photos of him at various times in his career. I keep quiet about his identity and do not release the file info out of respect to his family and consideration that he acted out of duty and in reality likely had no choice."

To the best of my knowledge, Mr. Carrier chose not to make public the "Lopez"-related data in his possession (other than the photo I posted).

Mr. Carrier also claimed to have a "trail" from Conein to Charles Siragusa -- names more recently linked by Douglas Valentine. But that's another topic altogether.

More Hemming on Conein:

During his mid-70s trial on drug-related charges, wrote GPH, "I called Conein as a defense witness [Pro Se with assistance of counsel] and personally asked him one last question: '....did you receive funds from Madame Nhu before your meeting with her at the Murchison Ranch on the afternoon of November 22nd, 1963...?' The federal Prosecutor objected to the question and Judge Wm. Hoeveler sustained same -- I then stated '...no further questions for this witness Your Honor.'

"I have never suggested that Conein was part of the JFK murder team, despite insider knowledge of his failing to prevent the killing of Madame Nhu's husband and his brother Diem -- which he was ordered to do by RFK as a part of the coup in Saigon."

Now don't think for a nanosecond that I'm endorsing the Great Fabulist as anything other than just that: a masterful creator/disseminator of disinformation.

Nor am I prepared either to vouch for the truthfulness of Mr. Carrier or to voice suspicions of his motives for posting the material cited above (and many other caches of fascinating-if-troubling deep political manna).

I simply note for the record that our public work seems never to lack the involvement of at least one deep, dark, semi-mysterious font of information who matches -- or at least comes close to matching -- the GPH archetype.

The information itself is what I like to term novelistic in the extreme (the "Major Lopez" character; GPH's aforementioned Chelsea Clinton/Timothy MacVeigh union, etc.), and thus maintains the powers to excite and influence that commonly are associated with artistic expression.

Jim, you often cite the work of just such an individual -- on whom I am most assuredly not prepared to cast aspersions -- who today regularly posts on another forum, and who acts according to the GPH model when he regularly vows never again to contribute to public discussions of our topics, only to return at moments of peak interest.

This gentleman has been helpful to me in the past when I've struggled to find photographic support for various hypotheses; perhaps you can ask him to join our discussion here. All of us would find his participation to be of great and enduring value.

The game we attempt to penetrate is deep, complex, and as old as the second oldest profession itself.

It is in recognition of just this reality that I maintain that pursuit of the Dealey Plaza phantom look-alikes on the literal level is, to be succinct, self-destructive.

Charles

I only met Hemming a couple of times. I would not trust him
any farther than I could throw him; he was about 6'8" and weighed
about 300 pounds. Many of his tales were plainly absurd, but some
sounded plausible. I remember Carrier on the S forum; he seemed
to have clandestine connections of some sort if I remember right.
Then he sort of "disappeared". I am always wary of most guys
with intelligence connections...one of my reasons for discounting
Chauncey Holt. The main exception I can think of is Fletcher Prouty.
Virtually everything he ever said checked out...and he was on the
RIGHT SIDE. And a guy whose chief hobby was model railroads
and the history of railroads is unlikely to be a bad guy. Several
times when we talked we discussed railroad history. I also have
great respect for one of Fletch's confidants, Greg Burnham.

Jack

Hell!...I knew Prouty pretty well and he and I met several time and exchanged letters until his death, but I NEVER knew he was into model railroads [as was I!]....you learn a lot on this Forum! Thank Jack and I still have my Lionel set, if anyone wants to buy.....Smile

As for Hemming, IMO, he told many truths and as many [or more] untruths...and one could never tell which were which - so were useless [as he wanted it!]. Sadly, the same has been true of most others of his 'ilk'.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Peter,

Post #60. Man standing on far right.

Below, kindly compared to Lamp Post Man by Jack White.

Charles

Attached Files
.jpg   JFK - PAKSE and LAMP POST MAN COMPARISON - WHITE.jpg (Size: 77.47 KB / Downloads: 22)
Jack, Peter,

It is my understanding that, as a child, piccolo Benito Mussolini made his model trains run on time.
Charles Drago Wrote:Peter,

Charles

@Wow! Not only the same face, but the same glasses!....
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Charles Drago Wrote:Jack, Peter,

It is my understanding that, as a child, piccolo Benito Mussolini made his model trains run on time.

The ONLY good thing he did as an adult was to make the big trains also run on time. Fascism is good for trains - but bad [VERY bad!] for humans!
Peter Lemkin Wrote:
Charles Drago Wrote:Jack, Peter,

The ONLY good thing he did as an adult was to make the big trains also run on time. Fascism is good for trains - but bad [VERY bad!] for humans!

Especially those humans in the freight cars.
Charles,

I have had a most interesting conversation with James Richards
about these things. I advised him of your hypothesis that the
Lamppost Man might be Major Lopez and sent him attachment
(1). He knows quite a lot about this fellow, who also used the
name "Bobby Leon", but affirmed that LPM is not Major Lopez.

I asked about my supposition that it is David Sanchez Morales.
He sent me a photograph of Sanchez taken around 1968, which
I have also attached (2). He does not believe that it was David
Sanchez Morales and, using this photograph, which looks like a
person of interest at the Ambassador, I am inclined to agree.

He also sent me a photo of Tony Poshepny (aka "Tony Poe"),
who, it turns out, was Lucein Conein's "go to" guy. It was his
opinion that, if Conein was there, it would not be surprising
if Poshepny were also there. The photo he sent, attachment
(3), suggests that he is the strongest candidate of the three.

James also made the general observation that, given how much
these guys resemble CIA officials, it would be highly improbable
if, by chance, there were a group of innocent civilians who just,
by chance, happened to look like their counterparts in the CIA
and who happened, again by chance, to be at Main and Houston.

That probability would be equal to each of them just happening
to bear a resemblance to his counterpart and just happening to
be that that intersection with others who just happened to also
resemble their CIA counterparts and happened also to be there.
That probability would be very low, even converging toward zero.

If, by comparison, they were there because they knew what was
going down and wanted to find a location that would enable them
to witness the assassination without being conspicuous, then the
probability that they would be gathered together at Houston and
Main becomes very high. It is clearly the preferable hypothesis.

Jim

P.S. The attachments do not appear to be in the order I intended,
but rather in the sequence (2), (3), and (your own) (1).

Charles

Attached Files
.jpg   JFK - PAKSE and LAMP POST MAN COMPARISON - WHITE.jpg (Size: 3.79 KB / Downloads: 30)
.jpg   Morales17.jpg (Size: 73.07 KB / Downloads: 15)
.jpg   Poshepny1.jpg (Size: 47.45 KB / Downloads: 16)
Hi all,

Major Lopez was Humberto Castillo Leon aka Bobby Leon. He was killed in a bar brawl in 1982.

He is not the guy at the corner of Main and Houston.

Major Lopez ran a shooter team in Laos. A day before the assassination, a flight left Laos for the States with a team aboard.

There was a cable which confirms this, one which Al Carrier and I tried hard to secure.

For those who wish to do so, research into Lt. Gen. Joseph Carroll director of the DIA at the time could prove to be most interesting.

James
Brief interjection. Fletcher Prouty and Anthony "Tony Poe" Poshepny allegedly knew each other and worked together in Tibet.

Eg here:
http://www.american-buddha.com/cia.secret.war.dumra.htm

Possibly also in Burma late 50s, and Indonesia circa 1958.
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war
James H. Fetzer Wrote:Charles,

I have had a most interesting conversation with James Richards
about these things. I advised him of your hypothesis that the
Lamppost Man might be Major Lopez and sent him attachment
(1). He knows quite a lot about this fellow, who also used the
name "Bobby Leon", but affirmed that LPM is not Major Lopez.

I asked about my supposition that it is David Sanchez Morales.
He sent me a photograph of Sanchez taken around 1968, which
I have also attached (2). He does not believe that it was David
Sanchez Morales and, using this photograph, which looks like a
person of interest at the Ambassador, I am inclined to agree.

He also sent me a photo of Tony Poshepny (aka "Tony Poe"),
who, it turns out, was Lucein Conein's "go to" guy. It was his
opinion that, if Conein was there, it would not be surprising
if Poshepny were also there. The photo he sent, attachment
(3), suggests that he is the strongest candidate of the three.

James also made the general observation that, given how much these guys resemble CIA officials, it would be highly improbable if, by chance, there were a group of innocent civilians who just,by chance, happened to look like their counterparts in the CIA and who happened, again by chance, to be at Main and Houston.

That probability would be equal to each of them just happening
to bear a resemblance to his counterpart and just happening to
be that that intersection with others who just happened to also
resemble their CIA counterparts and happened also to be there.
That probability would be very low, even converging toward zero.

If, by comparison, they were there because they knew what was
going down and wanted to find a location that would enable them
to witness the assassination without being conspicuous, then the
probability that they would be gathered together at Houston and
Main becomes very high. It is clearly the preferable hypothesis.

Jim

P.S. The attachments do not appear to be in the order I intended,
but rather in the sequence (2), (3), and (your own) (1).

Charles

Okay,

First things first: Jim, thanks for contacting James Richards; as I've previously noted, I find his work to be interesting and of significant value to our own.

The photo of DSM in Viet Nam provided by James has been available for some time. Clearly it supports the conclusion that Lamp Post Man is NOT Morales. We agree. Also, I've previously noted the Bobby Leon business.

(One wonders after the identity of the giant in the DSM view ... )

I seem to remember that other photos of Tony Po exist. Let's try to find them and enhance the comparison to Lamp Post Man.

(I mention in passing that the late Ambassador [to Laos and Thailand during the hot years] Charles S. Whitehouse, the father of Rhode Island's current junior U.S. senator, presided at TP's wedding.)

James H. Fetzer Wrote:James also made the general observation that, given how much these guys resemble CIA officials, it would be highly improbable if, by chance, there were a group of innocent civilians who just,
by chance, happened to look like their counterparts in the CIA and who happened, again by chance, to be at Main and Houston.

Agreed. The resemblances are likely non-coincidental and the result of sinister itent -- which is not to say that the suspects in question literally were at the scene of the crime at the time of the crime.

Charles

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The State of the ARRB today Jim DiEugenio 0 1,828 28-10-2019, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  We should all feel vindicated today Anthony DeFiore 9 10,631 28-10-2017, 03:27 AM
  Why the second floor lunch room encounter could not have happened Bob Prudhomme 245 98,158 16-04-2017, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Today is the 53rd Anniversary of the “Oswald” Set-up Jim Hargrove 10 8,066 05-04-2016, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  Hillary Clinton vs JFK: Why the Case is Relevant today Jim DiEugenio 8 6,894 29-11-2015, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  what happened to gary shaw? Edwin Ortiz 24 25,178 21-11-2015, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Does anyone know what happened to the other Kleins rifles? David Josephs 0 2,056 14-07-2015, 07:01 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  JFK would be a Republican today Tracy Riddle 11 5,117 02-07-2015, 05:20 PM
  Rachel Maddow admits Vietnam war only happened because JFK was assassinated Tracy Riddle 32 11,984 18-06-2015, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Ken Garretson
  50 Years Ago Today Albert Doyle 20 9,302 11-03-2015, 08:59 PM
Last Post: R.K. Locke